ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Is B'elanna Torres the best engineer?

Report this
Created by: W. T. Riker

miklamar

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2161

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 12:38 pm

My favorite engineer is Geordi LaForge, with Barclay second.  Torres may be the third best, in my opinion.  But, she is obviously the prettiest engineer of them all!


Var Miklama--Zakdorn, engineer. "A sound mind in a FULL body!" "Time, like latinum, is a limited quantity in the galaxy."

LtPondwater9

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 11620

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 5:13 pm

No. Although, I do like the character somewhat.


The ducks fly at Midnight.

Fleet Admiral Braxton

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 288

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 5:18 pm

Excuse Me, Anybody Better Than The Original Miracale Woker, Montgomery Scott? I DON'T THINK SO!!

Broadstorm

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 828

Report this Feb. 18 2012, 4:41 am

Quote: miklamar @ Feb. 17 2012, 12:38 pm

>

>But, she is obviously the prettiest engineer of them all!

>


Robin Lefler!


Sonya Gomez!

DS9 GreenCruiser

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 131

Report this Feb. 19 2012, 6:15 pm

Quote: Fleet Admiral Braxton @ Feb. 17 2012, 5:18 pm

>

>Excuse Me, Anybody Better Than The Original Miracale Woker, Montgomery Scott? I DON'T THINK SO!!

>


Yes O Brien . Would liked to have seen Scotty try to get that station working as good as O Brien did he was the best engineer with Geordie in second and Belanna third Scotty fourth and Tucker in fifth .


Fire Disruptors

Broadstorm

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 828

Report this Feb. 20 2012, 5:39 am

Quote: DS9 GreenCruiser @ Feb. 19 2012, 6:15 pm

Quote: Fleet Admiral Braxton @ Feb. 17 2012, 5:18 pm

>

>

>Excuse Me, Anybody Better Than The Original Miracale Woker, Montgomery Scott? I DON'T THINK SO!!

>

Yes O Brien . Would liked to have seen Scotty try to get that station working as good as O Brien did he was the best engineer with Geordie in second and Belanna third Scotty fourth and Tucker in fifth .


I would definitely rate Scotty above LaForge.  LaForge was dumbfounded over the transporter trick that Scotty used for statis, and hadn't figured out that 80 - 90 year old specs were "a wee bit conservative, at least on paper".

camille.rudnikas

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 4

Report this Feb. 20 2012, 6:28 am

Definitely until Seven came on board.

bvbpl

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 189

Report this Feb. 20 2012, 10:28 pm


She's SO whinny though.  Ugh.  "Waa, I'm stuck in the delta quadrant," "waaa, my husband is having an affiar with an alien spaceship," "waa, I'm carrying the Klingon Messiah in my belly."


She goes on and on about her Klingon temper, but if she was the only Klingon I ever saw, I'd think that Klingons were the most passive-aggressive race in the galaxy.

Suvak

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 89

Report this Feb. 22 2012, 1:59 pm

Quote: maya.richel @ Feb. 17 2012, 10:46 am

>An yes, minding that B'Elanna never finished Acadamy, but could handle a federaton and a Maquis vessel


 


Agreed.  She may be since she never formally finished training but still managed to handle the vessels on which she served.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1401

Report this Feb. 23 2012, 2:02 pm

I think she is better than Geordie but that's all.


Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Kate McCoy

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 136

Report this Feb. 24 2012, 1:32 pm

I think he's Better than the Other for the Fact that most of the others could go running to the nearest starbase for repairs while Voyager couldn't...... that's where her betterness ends..... She's Kinda like what I would say is a Redneck Scotty almost..... Scotty's my favorite though

RedVengeance

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 289

Report this Feb. 25 2012, 10:47 am

She's the best-looking for sure!


I drink, therefore I am.

Vulcan1981

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 462

Report this Feb. 25 2012, 1:50 pm

I was going to say second after Scotty, but after considering arguments on here, I changed to my mind to she is the best for the following reasons:


1. She completed no formal training and yet served as the chief engineer on a Federation and Maqui vessle. The other engineers finished Starfleet training, B'Elanna was all skill. (She even got the job on Voyager over Carey, who was the most senior, Starfleet-trained engineer).


2. Everyone else could go to a base or station for repairs, Voyager did not have that option, she had to do it all herself.


3. She almost seemlessly incorporated Borg technology (with a little assistance from Seven on some occations, by herself on others) into Voyager, including getting use out of a transwarp coil.


B'Elanna Torres for the win....


"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers."- Seven of Nine

Broadstorm

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 828

Report this Feb. 25 2012, 3:48 pm

Quote: Vulcan1981 @ Feb. 25 2012, 1:50 pm

>

>I was going to say second after Scotty, but after considering arguments on here, I changed to my mind to she is the best for the following reasons:

>1. She completed no formal training and yet served as the chief engineer on a Federation and Maqui vessle. The other engineers finished Starfleet training, B'Elanna was all skill. (She even got the job on Voyager over Carey, who was the most senior, Starfleet-trained engineer).

>2. Everyone else could go to a base or station for repairs, Voyager did not have that option, she had to do it all herself.

>3. She almost seemlessly incorporated Borg technology (with a little assistance from Seven on some occations, by herself on others) into Voyager, including getting use out of a transwarp coil.

>B'Elanna Torres for the win....

>


O'Brien had stated that he hadn't been formally trained as an engineer, but on Setlik 3, it was either figure out how to get a transporter working or get overrun by Cardassians.


Being selected over Carey was a political move.  Chakotay said he would not be Janeway's token Maquis officer.


Torres frequently relied on help from Kim and even occasionally Paris from the start & 7 of 9 later.

Kate McCoy

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 136

Report this Feb. 25 2012, 6:53 pm

I didn't think she relied on Kim and Seven... Paris rarely was in engerneering..... And Don't all engineers need Help... i think one's stranded far far from home need them even more

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum