ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Is B'elanna Torres the best engineer?

Report this
Created by: W. T. Riker

W. T. Riker

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 440

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 6:37 am

YES!!!


The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 6:49 am

Better than Scotty and Trip? That's a tough sell...


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

W. T. Riker

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 440

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 6:53 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Feb. 16 2012, 6:49 am

>

>Better than Scotty and Trip? That's a tough sell...

>


you have a point... how about just second best klingon character? 


The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 6:54 am

She's half Klingon.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

TheDriver

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1652

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 6:59 am

As far as looks? Absolutely!


Roxann Dawson was a stunner.


"Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast."

flottanna

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 495

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 9:55 am

Definitely Hot. But she is not my favorite. I like Chief O'Brien. Then probably Trip and Scotty.


"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

W. T. Riker

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 440

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 10:31 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Feb. 16 2012, 6:54 am

>

>She's half Klingon.

>


must you insist on contiunually correcting me????


The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

flottanna

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 495

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 11:04 am

Quote: W. T. Riker @ Feb. 16 2012, 10:31 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Feb. 16 2012, 6:54 am

>

>

>She's half Klingon.

>

must you insist on contiunually correcting me????


 


Yes 


"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

W. T. Riker

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 440

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 5:42 pm

Quote: flottanna @ Feb. 16 2012, 11:04 am

Quote: W. T. Riker @ Feb. 16 2012, 10:31 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Feb. 16 2012, 6:54 am

>

>

>

>She's half Klingon.

>

must you insist on contiunually correcting me????

 

Yes 


you lie! you didn't correct my lack of punctuation/capitalization OR my misspelling of Continually!


The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

Kesfan74656

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1119

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 12:28 am

Every st series has had an engineer, who was always able to rise to the occasion, like the captains. Lanna, like Scotty, or Trip, or Miles, or Geordi, had the gift of creativity, of thinking outside the parameters. And, she had a vastly greater exposure, to technologies that were not always familiar to Starfleet, out in the wilds of the DQ. And, to her credit, she rose to her position, because she, a civilian, possessed that instinctive, and yes, brilliant(like the others) ability, some qualities that were a level up to even a solid man like Joe Carey. Janeway took a risk, bucked protocols...but, was rewarded, with loyalty, and the gritty determination of a half-Klingon, and former Maquis. She was among the best, to be sure. And, she came into the post, with personal demons, that none of her cohorts had before her.


''If I were captain, i'd open every crack in the universe, and peek inside, just like Captain Janeway does''-Kes, ''The Cloud''

Broadstorm

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 828

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 3:25 am

Tucker may have worked on the least advanced engine, but for his time it was new technology & he held the NX-01 together through some tough times without having centuries of refinements making his job any easier.


Scotty was the miracle worker who may have lamented over the strain, but kept his ship working.


O'Brien MacGyvered that rundown Cardy deathtrap into a viable station, invented a new system in a runabout & tweeked a bigger ship past its theoretical maximum warp factor.


She might compare to "I'll run a level 2 diagnostic" LaForge, but even there, I'll say no.

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 5:55 am

Quote: W. T. Riker @ Feb. 16 2012, 5:42 pm

Quote: flottanna @ Feb. 16 2012, 11:04 am

Quote: W. T. Riker @ Feb. 16 2012, 10:31 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Feb. 16 2012, 6:54 am

>

>

>

>

>She's half Klingon.

>

must you insist on contiunually correcting me????

 

Yes 

you lie! you didn't correct my lack of punctuation/capitalization OR my misspelling of Continually!

Nor did I really corrected you when you said B'elanna was the best engineer.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

W. T. Riker

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 440

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 8:38 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Feb. 17 2012, 5:55 am

Quote: W. T. Riker @ Feb. 16 2012, 5:42 pm

Quote: flottanna @ Feb. 16 2012, 11:04 am

Quote: W. T. Riker @ Feb. 16 2012, 10:31 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Feb. 16 2012, 6:54 am

>

>

>

>

>

>She's half Klingon.

>

must you insist on contiunually correcting me????

 

Yes 

you lie! you didn't correct my lack of punctuation/capitalization OR my misspelling of Continually!

Nor did I really corrected you when you said B'elanna was the best engineer.


fine. Must you insist on rendering my points moot!?!?


The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

maya.richel

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 28

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 10:46 am

An yes, minding that B'Elanna never finished Acadamy, but could handle a federaton and a Maquis vessel

Restistance is futile (One cannot really argue with a mathematical theorem - Stephen Hawking)

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 11:55 am

Quote: W. T. Riker @ Feb. 17 2012, 8:38 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Feb. 17 2012, 5:55 am

Quote: W. T. Riker @ Feb. 16 2012, 5:42 pm

Quote: flottanna @ Feb. 16 2012, 11:04 am

Quote: W. T. Riker @ Feb. 16 2012, 10:31 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Feb. 16 2012, 6:54 am

>

>

>

>

>

>

>She's half Klingon.

>

must you insist on contiunually correcting me????

 

Yes 

you lie! you didn't correct my lack of punctuation/capitalization OR my misspelling of Continually!

Nor did I really corrected you when you said B'elanna was the best engineer.

fine. Must you insist on rendering my points moot!?!?

Not must....just enjoy.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum