who thinks the design for the enterprise d is bad? anyone?

Created by: W. T. Riker

W. T. Riker

Report this Feb. 15 2012, 2:27 pm

i think they kind of rushed it. i mean the show is awesome, but the ship is kinda crappy.

The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

the bungalo bill

Report this Feb. 15 2012, 6:45 pm

Yep. The bridge is not practical. It puts a barrier between Worf and Picard, and the location of the science stations is impractical.

Pooneil

Report this Feb. 15 2012, 7:56 pm

I think the only better ship out there is the original 1701.

flottanna

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 9:46 am

It's one of my least favorite. But not a bad design.

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

Cpt_krk_wna-b

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 1:44 pm

It was ok, but then again...it kinda sucked

W. T. Riker

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 1:48 pm

the enterprise C was WORSE!!!

The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

Mitchz95

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 4:34 pm

It looks nice from the direct front, but ugly from most other angles.

W. T. Riker

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 5:53 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Feb. 16 2012, 4:34 pm

>It looks nice from the direct front, but ugly from most other angles.

>I voted "in between", mostly because there are far worse Enterprises out there: (-B, -C, and the Abramsprise come to mind).

really? i thought Abramsprise was pretty good!

The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

Mitchz95

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 6:07 pm

Quote: W. T. Riker @ Feb. 16 2012, 5:53 pm

>really? i thought Abramsprise was pretty good!

Well, I guess it's an okay design. I just don't like it as an Enterprise, if that makes any sense.

Kate McCoy

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 6:10 pm

Not trying to be rude here but these would be problems inherent with all Galaxy Class ships..... Not Just the Enterprise... So I would think that it would Go under this topic http://www.startrek.com/boards-topic/33351099/galazy-class-design ... Just dosn't make sense to have mutiple threads for one topic....

miklamar

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 12:05 pm

I love its bridge!

guillermo.mejía

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 12:06 pm

First space ship on tv with wall to wall carpeting.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Feb. 18 2012, 1:32 pm

The layout was OK but I never liked the color. My cars (and starships) need darker interior. I loved Voyager's colors. I bet it was a pain to get Picard's Earl Grey stains out of the carpets.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

dangerman113

Report this Feb. 18 2012, 8:44 pm

I kind of like it, but not as much as the original 1701.  I think Enterprises B,C, and E are worse and I'm not fond of NX-01 either.

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam