ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Who is your most HATED Trek character of all time?

DammitJim6200

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6876

Report this Feb. 06 2012, 12:12 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>

>CAPTAIN KIRK- He never took his job seriously, he floated around the galaxy with his libido on overdrive.

>

Riker for the same reason! OK and breaking Troi's heart at the same time.

Only joking - how could you hate Riker? I just thought him smug that's all.

 

IMO its difficult to 'hate' any Star Trek character. Even the enemies usually had some good reason for doing things or were insane. nuBSG had enemies that were easy to hate.


Riker ? I don't hate Riker, I just think Kirk was the biggest bloated ego driven skirt chasing, air-head in Space, Servalanfan, you know someone like that wouldn't last in a real Navy or Space Fleet. As for Riker, I only seen him with another women three times in SEVEN seasons, I WISHED he would been more romantic.

cadet31

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 149

Report this Feb. 06 2012, 6:43 am

You can't use that picture (^^) for proof of Riker & his women; Q made those women appear in one of the episodes; Riker was about as happy to see them, as he was to see Q. Then Q putthe women with Worf...and that was hilarious lol.


 


anyways, i think my most hated character would have to be Barkley. he had absoultely no confidence, he neglected his duties...he almost blew up the Enterprise.


What we require now is a feat of linguistic legerdemain and a degree of intrepidity. -- Spock (Star Trek IV: Undiscovered Country

aeronk97

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6

Report this Feb. 06 2012, 7:38 am

tuvix they took my favorite character tuvok and ruined him


 


 

Hugues

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 537

Report this Feb. 06 2012, 8:10 am

Hated character: Kai Winn, with the greatest respect for Louise Fletcher for her brilliant performance.

darkangel96

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1

Report this Feb. 06 2012, 8:44 am

 gul dukat on ds9 just because he thought he was so superior to everyone else

TheDriver

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1652

Report this Feb. 06 2012, 10:27 am

Let me join the chorus of Kai Winn haters, which just goes to show what a great job Louise Fletcher did with the role.


Also, I loathed Neelix.


"Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast."

Ghostmojo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1826

Report this Feb. 07 2012, 2:02 am

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Feb. 04 2012, 2:38 pm

>

>Kai Winn is a character in DS9.

>


I don't remember him or her - but if they are Bajoran then yes - they get in line with Kira Nerys ....


to boldy go where no man has gone before

miklamar

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2159

Report this Feb. 07 2012, 12:50 pm

I have two:  Wesley Crusher and Dr. Pulaski.


Var Miklama--Zakdorn, engineer. "A sound mind in a FULL body!" "Time, like latinum, is a limited quantity in the galaxy."

Treknoir

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1784

Report this Feb. 07 2012, 1:58 pm

Q, Riker and Neelix.


It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want. - Spock

OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Feb. 07 2012, 2:18 pm

Quote: Ghostmojo @ Feb. 07 2012, 2:02 am

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Feb. 04 2012, 2:38 pm

>

>

>Kai Winn is a character in DS9.

>

I don't remember him or her - but if they are Bajoran then yes - they get in line with Kira Nerys ....


The Kai is the spiritual leader of the Bajorans. But Winn is a fantastically underhanded villain -- much of what she does wrong comes from her own ambition and the absolute conviction that she is doing right. I didn't think much of her at first either (and still get squirmy when she starts pillowtalk with Dukat!) but she is quite a complex character and, having come to understand that more, she has really grown on me as a villain.


(Not quite up there with Weyoun for example but still scheming in her own way.)


And she was played by Louise Fletcher from Flowers in the Attic and One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest. A touch of typecasting perhaps, but she does that smile-on-face, knife-in-back style of villainy so well!


Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Feb. 07 2012, 2:20 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>

>

>

>CAPTAIN KIRK- He never took his job seriously, he floated around the galaxy with his libido on overdrive.

>

Riker for the same reason! OK and breaking Troi's heart at the same time.

Only joking - how could you hate Riker? I just thought him smug that's all.

 

IMO its difficult to 'hate' any Star Trek character. Even the enemies usually had some good reason for doing things or were insane. nuBSG had enemies that were easy to hate.

Riker ? I don't hate Riker, I just think Kirk was the biggest bloated ego driven skirt chasing, air-head in Space, Servalanfan, you know someone like that wouldn't last in a real Navy or Space Fleet. As for Riker, I only seen him with another women three times in SEVEN seasons, I WISHED he would been more romantic.

Really only 3 times. I thought there were more. Are you talking non-sleazy pick-ups or everyone?

Its just that Riker's women with the exception of Troi and the ungendered person were bimboish:


I liked that one lady in First Contact (episode) who "always wanted to make love to an alien" if only because she was so ridiculous! But yeah the number of times Riker got in trouble because he just couldn't keep his phaser in its holster (both figuratively and literally) it's a wonder he wasn't banned from away missions. I suppose being the first officer and all but still...


Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Shatner's Grim Reaper

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 171

Report this Feb. 08 2012, 10:12 am

WHOEVER designed "The Doomsday Machine"....what a cold....premeditated thing to unleash on the Universe.

Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Feb. 08 2012, 1:17 pm

Quote: Shatner's Grim Reaper @ Feb. 08 2012, 10:12 am

>

>WHOEVER designed "The Doomsday Machine"....what a cold....premeditated thing to unleash on the Universe.

>


I can't tell whether you're complimenting the episode or shooting it down.


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

donna.wheeler

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7

Report this Feb. 09 2012, 11:26 pm

Wow, reading this, half of the time I'm thinking "WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE CRAZY?!" because I love the characters that you hate so much.  The other half of the time, I'm thinking of changing my answer.  But, it's still Pulaski with a very VERY close second for Kai Winn.


LLAP!

Ghostmojo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1826

Report this Feb. 10 2012, 2:42 am

Quote: donna.wheeler @ Feb. 09 2012, 11:26 pm

>

>Wow, reading this, half of the time I'm thinking "WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE CRAZY?!" because I love the characters that you hate so much...

>


Well, who would that be and why do you think we are wrong?


 


 


 


1800


to boldy go where no man has gone before

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum