What new Star Trek series do you want?

Report this Jan. 31 2012, 4:46 pm

I would love to see a new series. One that I would like to see would focus on the Klingons. It would be based on their point of view and on their culture. It would be very different and unique for a Star Trek show.

What new series do you want?

Beershark

Report this Jan. 31 2012, 5:44 pm

Animated Romulan Wars

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

TheDriver

Report this Feb. 01 2012, 2:12 am

Register, not sure if you're aware of this or not...

But there were several episodes of DS9 that Behr, Moore, and company dubbed "Star Trek: Klingon." Among them were "Blood Oath," "Soldiers of the Empire," "Sword of Kahless," and "Once More Unto the Breach." All of these episodes took the Klingon POV.

As to the thread topic? I'd rather just deal with Abrams' films for now. The timing just doesn't seem right for a new Trek (television) series.

"Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast."

guillermo.mejía

Report this Feb. 01 2012, 6:24 am

Quote: Beershark @ Jan. 31 2012, 5:44 pm

>Animated Romulan Wars

Animated ANYTHING...as long as it's good and not treated as a kid's show...which I would still watch but...

maya.richel

Report this Feb. 01 2012, 7:44 am

Romulan wars sounds good, wouldn't it be great when the Delta Quadrant emerges with the Alpha Quadrant and have to face Romulans?

Or; a new series involving the Delta Quadrant? Afterall, Voyager's technology has left a footprint, for sure. And I can imagine that some habitants of certain worlds want to know more about the Alpha Quadrant and especially Earth. Just a thought though.

Or; something! Give us something to look forward to!

TheDriver

Report this Feb. 01 2012, 8:42 am

By the time Voyager returns from the Delta Quadrant, the Romulans are allies of both the Federation and Klingon Empire.

Therefore, I'm assuming Beershark is talking about the proposed 5th season of Enterprise.

And I'm surprised at the amount of animated love... Are you people wanting something along the lines of Star Wars: Clone Wars?

"Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast."

guillermo.mejía

Report this Feb. 01 2012, 10:58 am

No, not the clone wars, at leat not on my part. I'm thinking more along the stuff DC has done with their yearly animated movie releases. Quality and animation-wise they are top notch.

Vulcan1981

Report this Feb. 01 2012, 11:24 am

God no! Re: clone wars. It's story was lackluster and a five year old could have done better character design. *shudders* Sorry, I'm an artist so I am  very critical on these type of things. ...

Animated Romulan Wars to give us Enterprise's lost 5th season would be neat.

I also agree that I personally would like to see more DQ action, but perhaps the BQ since we really haven't seen much of it as compared to the other Quadrants.

I just want us to return to late 24th century Trek more than anything. Pick up a few years after Voyager left off! Have Admiral Janeway give the captain their assignment to continue the "passing the torch" tradition.

Sadly, I think it will be a long time if ever we see late 24th/early 25th century Trek again. JJ Trek is the in thing and Paramount will want to capitalize on it, so back in time we go again if another series emerges.

"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers."- Seven of Nine

Jim Kirk

Report this Feb. 01 2012, 5:41 pm

Finish Enterprise!

Kang - "Only a fool fights in a burning house"

TheDriver

Report this Feb. 01 2012, 6:21 pm

I'm actually a fairly decent artist myself, Vulcan1981, and I kinda like the style used on Clone Wars. But hey, different strokes for different folks!

Guillermo, I hear ya regarding the DC animated projects. (Although while some have been great, others have been ... well, mediocre at best.) And if Trek were to go that route? I'd love to see "Untold Tales of the Dominion War."

A series of animated films focusing on the Dominion War would allow for all kinds of storytelling opportunities. We could see the plight of a science team aboard an Oberth-class vessel that's forced to abandon it's mission of exploration in favor of aiding war efforts. We could witness a Section 31 black ops team sneaking behind enemy lines in a captured Hideki-class ship. We could watch an armada of Excelsior-class ships liberate a Federation homeworld. We might even get a behind-the-scenes look at the activities of Picard and the crew of the Enterprise-E or Ro and the Maquis.

Or...

It might be nice to simply tell stories of the original Enterprise crew, with Pine, Quinto, Pegg, Cho, and the rest providing voiceovers.

Right now, IDW is producing a comicbook series that reimagines all of the classic TOS episodes with the new cast. And something like that might make for a fascinating animated series.

"Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast."

StarTrekFan1982

Report this Feb. 01 2012, 6:35 pm

StarTrekFan1982

Vulcan1981

Report this Feb. 01 2012, 7:54 pm

Quote: StarTrekFan1982 @ Feb. 01 2012, 6:35 pm

>How about the Adventure of Captain Riker because I would love to find out what happened after the last Star Trek Next Generation Movie.

If you saw the lastepisode of Enterprise and are familiar with the books, you already know the answer.

ColPeg

Report this Feb. 01 2012, 9:48 pm

Riker could be the next NCC-1701F hero of the Enterprise.

Abrams can do what he wants but we need REAL Star Trek, and to continue on - to boldly GO - not retreat.

"If Man is to survive, he will have learned to take delight in the essential difference between people and cultures" -Gene Roddenberry -=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Col. P. A. Stevens CO, USS Code Talker NCC-1195

PythonVI

Report this Feb. 02 2012, 3:03 pm

I'd like to watch the adventures of Starfleet's first timeship.

You know... Time travelling-scanning techs, Temporal Cold War and stuff...

Jim Kirk

Report this Feb. 02 2012, 5:45 pm

Maybe Sulu and the crew of the excelsior...

Kang - "Only a fool fights in a burning house"