Uniform Change in Season 4 and 5

SnugglePuff

Report this Jan. 28 2012, 8:56 am

I've been wondering why in season 4 when Captain Sisko goes to Earth he changes his uniform to an older TNG style one, but when he returns to DS9 he puts the newer uniform on?

Also, when did the Chief's color ensignia first appear? It was there in season one and then I just happend to see it in season 4.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Jan. 28 2012, 12:59 pm

Maybe his uniform wasn't formal enough for Starfleet Command?

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Sora

Report this Jan. 28 2012, 3:25 pm

This is one of my only complaints about Star Trek, is that they have always been very unclear about the uniforms.

I think what actually happened is when DS9 started, they wanted the DS9 crew to have different uniforms than TNG, I guess as a way to set it apart, and at that time, you can within reason say that, those uniforms signify that you work on a starbase and not a starship. But then Voyager comes in and uses those uniforms and the Enterprise crew starts using them in Generations. It's just all very confusing. I always wished they would've gone into some detail about it.

At this point, I could assume that maybe the TNG uniform was reserved for officers stationed on earth at Starfleet command, which Sisko was stationed at Earth at that point. And then he put the other uniform on once he was back at DS9? A bit of stretch maybe, but they never explained it to us.

Live Long and Prosper

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 28 2012, 11:31 pm

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Jan. 28 2012, 12:59 pm

>Maybe his uniform wasn't formal enough for Starfleet Command?

I think you pretty much have it there. DS9 style uniforms are less "Dressy"

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

flottanna

Report this Jan. 29 2012, 6:47 am

I just say to myself oh. And move on.

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

DMan64068

Report this Jan. 29 2012, 1:48 pm

I think Spike's Star Trek page (http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/2366-2372/uniforms.htm), while unnoficial, bests describes the differences as being a Class A Variant (TNG) and a Class B Variant (DS9 & Voyager)

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Jan. 29 2012, 5:04 pm

the Chief's NON-COMM ensignia frist showed up in the season 4 DS9 episode Hippocratic Oath

Photobucket