ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Getting a new ship

Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Mar. 19 2012, 6:56 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Mar. 19 2012, 6:34 pm

>

>How do I restart it?

>


Click the Starfleet symbol near the mini-map to open your mission journal. You should see the next chronological mission (in this case, the one you accidentally dropped). If so, click "Hail" and reaccept the mission.


If you don't see that mission on the front page, click "Available missions" and find it there. Or click "episodes", then whatever front your mission is in (probably Klingon Front in this case).


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Mar. 19 2012, 7:01 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Mar. 19 2012, 6:35 pm

>

>But to use a new one, I have to discard another?

>


Not at all! If you press "U", a menu will open up displaying your character. On the left, you will see your character's name, your ship, and all your Boffs. One or more slots at the bottom will probably be greyed out. These are free slots, which you can fill with new officers.


Officer candidates that haven't been comissioned yet will be stored in the "Stations" tab. You can have up to twenty or so stored there at a time. Just double-click on one when you want to comission him/her.


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46303

Report this Mar. 19 2012, 7:05 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Mar. 19 2012, 6:56 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Mar. 19 2012, 6:34 pm

>

>

>How do I restart it?

>

Click the Starfleet symbol near the mini-map to open your mission journal. You should see the next chronological mission (in this case, the one you accidentally dropped). If so, click "Hail" and reaccept the mission.

If you don't see that mission on the front page, click "Available missions" and find it there. Or click "episodes", then whatever front your mission is in (probably Klingon Front in this case).

Found it!  Thanks!


FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46303

Report this Mar. 19 2012, 7:23 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Mar. 19 2012, 7:01 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Mar. 19 2012, 6:35 pm

>

>

>But to use a new one, I have to discard another?

>

Not at all! If you press "U", a menu will open up displaying your character. On the left, you will see your character's name, your ship, and all your Boffs. One or more slots at the bottom will probably be greyed out. These are free slots, which you can fill with new officers.

Officer candidates that haven't been comissioned yet will be stored in the "Stations" tab. You can have up to twenty or so stored there at a time. Just double-click on one when you want to comission him/her.

I don't see any greyed out slots.  I've got 4 BOffs, and now one of my engineering stations are unmanned.


Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Mar. 19 2012, 7:58 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Mar. 19 2012, 7:23 pm

>

>I don't see any greyed out slots.  I've got 4 BOffs, and now one of my engineering stations are unmanned.

>


Go to "Stations". Normally, each of the ship's stations is manned by a Boff. One of them probably says "None". If so, click it and select the Boff that's not yet in use.


You have the Lieutenant Commander-level cruiser, right? One science, one tactical, two engineering?


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46303

Report this Mar. 19 2012, 9:38 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Mar. 19 2012, 7:58 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Mar. 19 2012, 7:23 pm

>

>

>I don't see any greyed out slots.  I've got 4 BOffs, and now one of my engineering stations are unmanned.

>

Go to "Stations". Normally, each of the ship's stations is manned by a Boff. One of them probably says "None". If so, click it and select the Boff that's not yet in use.

You have the Lieutenant Commander-level cruiser, right? One science, one tactical, two engineering?

Yep - just got promoted, but I had two tactical BOffs and only one science and one engineering...  I can't use a tactical BOff at engineering.


FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46303

Report this Mar. 19 2012, 9:39 pm

So now that I got a new ship, should I decommission the old one?  Do I get dilithium from it?

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Mar. 20 2012, 8:55 am

I recommend keeping old ships if you have slots to keep them.  You might want to use them later for some reason.  Plus, they may create a fleet admiral position later.  If they do, you may be able to use your old ships.  Some of us like those lower tier ships and have been hoping the game finds a way to make them relevant again.


Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Mar. 20 2012, 9:56 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Mar. 19 2012, 9:38 pm

>

>Yep - just got promoted, but I had two tactical BOffs and only one science and one engineering...  I can't use a tactical BOff at engineering.

>


Try getting an Engineering boff, then.


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Mar. 20 2012, 9:58 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Mar. 19 2012, 9:39 pm

>

>So now that I got a new ship, should I decommission the old one?  Do I get dilithium from it?

>


No, you get nothing. If you decide to decomission a ship, I recommend you first remove everything on it (weapons, consoles, etc) so you can use them later.


And I concur with Matthias. Hold onto your ships unless you need to make room for more.


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

kjaneway11

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 86

Report this May. 30 2012, 3:10 pm

I am so excited! I am about to start playing STO.

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum