Star Trek Scene UK?

Ensign Thomas

Report this Jan. 21 2012, 5:03 am

Hello,

Apologies if this is an oft-raised topic, but can anyone point me towards UK-based Trek activities - meets, conventions, signings etc?  I'd be particularly interested in meet-ups in the London area, if such things happen.  As a fan of Who, I'm aware of lots of socializing that goes on amongst enthusiasts of that show, but being relatively new to the Trek universe, I've yet to discover what, if anything, UK Trek fans get up to.

Thanks

Jonathn

Report this Feb. 01 2012, 2:41 pm

I'm also interested in UK meet-ups. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

kittiwake

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 11:32 am

Hi guys,

I came across this beauty fairly recently:http://www.trebleaceevents.co.uk/guests.html

It's the 'Greatest Show in the Galaxy' event in Peterborough, and has quite a healthy complement of Trek stars (practically the entire cast of Voyager!), as well as other stars from Doctor Who, Torchwood and Star Wars.

Also look out for events like Collectormania and the London Film and Comic cons, they tend to attract a couple of Trek actors. Sadly, there aren't any 'Trek only' centered conventions in the UK, not that I'm aware of anyway.

Blueflare

Report this Mar. 01 2012, 3:36 pm

Well, I only really ended up joining this website today because of this: http://www.startrek.com/article/is-london-ready-for-star-trek

... Though it's not at all clear what exactly that is!

This thing in Peterborough looks interesting. I've never been to any kind of convention before so I'm not really sure what to expect. It would be great to meet some of the actors from Star Trek though.

deannastartreker

Report this Apr. 04 2012, 1:03 pm

There's a Star Trek convention in London between the 19th and 21st of October 2012. If we're both allowed to go I might see you there!

The Nightwish devil child speaks all . . . and Finnish

Ensign Thomas

Report this Apr. 04 2012, 1:24 pm

Yes, I got the e-mail about that today.  I'm so excited!  Hopefully see you there!

deannastartreker

Report this Apr. 04 2012, 1:36 pm

same! awesome! see you there too!

The Nightwish devil child speaks all . . . and Finnish

afoia

Report this Apr. 08 2012, 11:10 am

What about Star Trek Online? Is there no way uk people can meet up in game, considering its now free to play.

deannastartreker

Report this Apr. 09 2012, 6:58 am

then theres the problem for those of us who arent able to get star trek online - i have the wrong operating system

The Nightwish devil child speaks all . . . and Finnish