Has LeVar Burton forgot about Geordi LaForge ??

DammitJim6200

Report this Jan. 20 2012, 11:25 pm

Look..Oprah Winfrey had a special on ROOTS a mini series about slavery from 1977, on the special Oprah Winfrey interviewed all the stars from that mini series like John Amos, Ben Vereen, Cicely Tyson and LeVar Burton, when she interviewed LeVar he talked about the things he done after ROOTS like Reading Rainbow, and bla bla, etc, he never mention Star Trek the Next Generation, WHY ? Is Levar ashamed that he was Chief Engineer on the Enterprise-D for 7 years and 4 movies ?? shouldn't he be proud of being on the TV series that saved  the Star trek franchise ?

DammitJim6200

Report this Jan. 21 2012, 12:05 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>How old is LeVar anyway?

>I think Oprah is only interested in things like 'Roots'.

>I'm sure that if LeVar was doing an interview for a scifi magazine he would mention TNG.

I think he's like 52-ish, No, Oprah said  "since ROOTS he spent years doing READING RAINBOW" What about the 12 years he spent doing Star Trek ?

Vulcan1981

Report this Jan. 21 2012, 12:36 am

Quote: DammitJim6200 @ Jan. 21 2012, 12:05 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>How old is LeVar anyway?

>I think Oprah is only interested in things like 'Roots'.

Not only as an actor on TNG, but he also directed numerous episodes of other Trek series, including Voyager, where he also did a cameo. I loved Reading Rainbow as a kid.

"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers."- Seven of Nine

flottanna

Report this Jan. 21 2012, 7:31 am

Very strange. TNG was the biggest thing he ever did in his career. Bigger then Roots

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

Reedworftripparis

Report this Jan. 21 2012, 9:03 am

Maybe it was something he knew people knew he did?

Yes he did direct as Vulcan1981 stated, he directed Enterprise as well. He was on The Big Bang Theory, he was on a Shatner's Raw nerve and had no choice but to talk about it.

That is strange though, maybe he was just trying to let people know about Readiing Rainbow is up and running again? I heard that during the Shatner interview.

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

Roboto

Report this Jan. 24 2012, 11:09 am

Maybe it's because it's so obvious.

It's possible he just wanted to talk about something different. Who knows?

miklamar

Report this Jan. 24 2012, 5:00 pm

It is strange that a person would not "remember" to mention something with which he had filled several years of his/her life actively engaged in.  Perhaps he just thought she wanted to discuss other topics that mere mortals might be interested in.

LtPondwater9

Report this Jan. 25 2012, 7:34 pm

Probably to showcase other roles and projects besides his work with Star Trek.

The ducks fly at Midnight.

DammitJim6200

Report this Jan. 27 2012, 1:36 pm

Quote: Roboto @ Jan. 24 2012, 11:09 am

>Maybe it's because it's so obvious.

>Seriously, even people who don't know Star Trek all that well look at LeVar Burton and say "Oh, that's one of the guys who was in Star Trek".

>It's possible he just wanted to talk about something different. Who knows?

How is that, Roboto ?? if you were  in one of the Largest franchises in the World you would leave it out and mention all he's done after Roots is Reading Rainbow ? ? pretty odd, if I'm at a Con and LeVar Burton is a guest, I'll ask him.

selma1701

Report this Jan. 28 2012, 7:41 am

Daaaaaaamn he really did not say anything about TNG series and the movies?! He must have amnesia. If I was a Star Trek actress, I would have that written on my grave when I die!!

Vger23

Report this Jan. 28 2012, 7:47 am

I'm sure it was an intentional omission out of spite and shame.

Bikeman470

Report this Jan. 29 2012, 8:06 am

What Oprah wants Oprah gets. She obviously told him what he can and can't say on the interview. She just wants to talk about roots because she is the queen crusader of everything black.  She is without honnnnnnor

finka

Report this Feb. 03 2012, 4:02 am

Oh I don't think the ST actor have to mention their appearances in every interview.. I mean, just imagine, how often they are interviewed. Everybody knows how LeVar contributed to Star Trek, so talking about it in every TV show can get boring

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Feb. 07 2012, 12:58 am

Quote: Vulcan1981 @ Jan. 21 2012, 12:36 am

Quote: DammitJim6200 @ Jan. 21 2012, 12:05 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>How old is LeVar anyway?

>I think Oprah is only interested in things like 'Roots'.

I loved watching Reading Rainbow when I was a kid too. But you don't have to take my word for it, dun dun dum.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Jonny 1996

Report this May. 13 2012, 12:30 pm

After long time  star trek next generation  was produced maybe he didn´t identify with star trek. Also he got a guest part by How I met your mother and by Big Bang

Users browsing this forum: wissa