Most ineffectual villain in Star Trek

Created by: OtakuJo

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 20 2012, 4:55 pm

I know there are so many others -- I just included the ones I could think of on the spot. Really strictly for fun (and perhaps a little debate) Who do you think were some of the least truly threatening or possibly lamest villains in the Star Trek universe?

For these purposes, the definition of "ineffectual" is open to any interpretation you like. But the only rule is if you select "Other", you must explain and identify your choice!

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

flottanna

Report this Jan. 20 2012, 5:02 pm

Well other then villains that only made it into one episode. Off of your list definitely the ferengi. But I also don't really think of them as Villains.

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 20 2012, 7:35 pm

hehehe -- one episode "villains" can count. The Circle only lasted for three episodes and they were highly unthreatening. Another might be Fullerton from Let He Who Is Without Sin. And they don't have to be particularly villainous; I guess that falls under the definition of Ineffectual as well. Should I possibly have said Antagonist instead.

I don't think of the Ferengi as villains either over the entirety of the series; but they are included above as they were intended to be TNG villains originally, before they finally assumed a different role and made way for the Borg. I don't think of Next Gen Klingons as villains (or even antagonists) either but they do count for the same reason; they were originally intended to be villains.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Vulcan1981

Report this Jan. 21 2012, 1:57 am

The Ferengi and I say this because the creators behind TNG originally had them slated as pretty much the main villain and realised how rediculous and cartoony they where and hence the birth of the Borg.

"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers."- Seven of Nine

the bungalo bill

Report this Jan. 21 2012, 3:30 pm

The ferengi

megan512

Report this Jan. 21 2012, 3:45 pm

The Ferengi. Honestly, I don't even think of them as villains.

AArmstrong2s

Report this Jan. 21 2012, 7:29 pm

The Ferengi were, at best, and annoyance. What about the creatures/beings in the episode on Star Trek: TNG "Good Samaritan"? I felt they were simple and unadvanced. I can't remember what their names were, but at least the Ferengi could con their way to decent weaponry. Although now that I think it, both races are ineffectual!

NextGenVoy

Report this Jan. 22 2012, 4:35 am

I say Ferengi. Granted they didn't stay villians but originally that's what they were. Thankfully the producers, etc realized what a ridiculous villian they made. They are much better as comic relief.

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 22 2012, 7:44 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>The Kazon nearly took over Voyager several times.

Ferengi took over Enterprise in Rascals.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jan. 23 2012, 7:05 am

Quote: OtakuJo @ Jan. 22 2012, 7:44 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>The Kazon nearly took over Voyager several times.

Ferengi took over Enterprise in Rascals.

Hippies have taken over an Enterprise. Hippies!!! Taking over a ship named Enterprise shouldn't be a requisite for being an outstanding bad guy in my book.

I'm loving the fact that the Ferengi are winning this poll. I can imagine Quark doing his best Charlie Sheen: "Duh, Winning!"

PeepsMcJuggs

Report this Jan. 23 2012, 9:53 am

I Borg'd yo mama last night. She found it very assimilating.

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 23 2012, 2:41 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Jan. 23 2012, 7:05 am

Quote: OtakuJo @ Jan. 22 2012, 7:44 pm

>Ferengi took over Enterprise in Rascals.

If only there were some profit to be gained by their win. But at least this shows they can win at something.

Point taken re. Space hippies.

How about Martus Mazur (from Rivals)? Prince Humperdink was a much better villain, and he lost out to Quark as well.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Reedworftripparis

Report this Jan. 23 2012, 4:09 pm

The Ferengi. They were just silly. Even when they were trying to be mean, they couldn't cut it. The only thing they wanted was profit. And half of them would even run if they had a chance

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

Mugatu_for_Two

Report this Jan. 23 2012, 7:44 pm

I vote "other".

The Pakleds.

"You're now armed to the teeth."

"Teeth are for chewing."

Jeezus christ...

NextGenVoy

Report this Jan. 23 2012, 10:22 pm

Quote: PeepsMcJuggs @ Jan. 23 2012, 9:53 am

>Others: Commander Sela.  She plots to destabilize the alliance between the Klingons and the Federation, and can't even get a Federation power converter so they can charge the phaser rifle mockups properly.

>Then there's Unification, where she manages to trap Picard, Spock and Data in her office and tells them all the particulars of her dastardly plot.  Then she leaves them in there with no guards, and is shocked when the walking computer manages to break into the Romulan database.  And so they foil the plot and escape.  From Romulus.

You've got a point there! I always thought it was absurd how that happened. And they certainly wasted Sela as a character. They really could have used her to much better effect.

Users browsing this forum: JOYOFVGR