Where should I begin?

flottanna

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 10:24 am

I have read a few trek books. The Titan books when they came out and a few scattered others. But I want to read them all and catch up on the new continuity and experience the books i missed out on. So where should I start reading and in what order?

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 11:37 am

All TNG era books for the last two years have been an aftermath of the Destiny Trilogy.

I wasn't much of a Star Trek reader till I picked up the first Destiny novel and the first Vanguard book. I loved them and branched out from there.

David Mack

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 3:56 pm

Maybe this will help:

It's a flowchart showing how all the recent (post-2001) Star Trek fiction ties together, and it shows the correct reading order for the various series and story arcs.

flottanna

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 4:19 pm

That does help. Thank you. Now I just have to pic a series to start with.

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 4:46 pm

I suggest starting with Destiny (a great work by DM).  That doesn't give you too many books to read to get caught up.  Then you can read some of the previous ones later to get some of the back story.  Destiny is a crossroads where the series crossover then part again which is why I chose that location.

If you want to start a little closer, the 4 Typhon Pact books are another decent starting point.

Memory Beta can give you chronological lists to go from there.

flottanna

Report this Jan. 14 2012, 9:54 am

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jan. 18 2012, 9:58 am

Quote: flottanna @ Jan. 14 2012, 9:54 am

>My brother told me that The Destiny books were great so that might be a good place thanks.

Your brother didn't lie.

Users browsing this forum: miklamar