Which Series had the best overall Cast?

Created by: flottanna

flottanna

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 10:18 am

Which cast as a whole was the best. Now My first choice would probably be TOS but I don't think that the cast really came out until the movies so Im on the edge here. Think on it but leave any of the movies out of it just the series.

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 11:34 am

Agree that the TOS cast didn't shine through as a whole till the movies, especially the trilogy.

Overall I think I'd have to say DS9 wins out over TNG by a hair.

flottanna

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 3:02 pm

That's kinda what I was thinking to. TOS and TNG both have characters that I would pick out as being my favorite. But I think Ds9 as a whole had a more solid cast. TOS Sulu was actually replaced by Chekov in the second season.

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

cowgirlcadet

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 3:04 pm

These are my people right here.

Never posted pictures before. Hope this works.

LtPondwater9

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 3:23 pm

TOS cast in the movies. A split between TNG and DS9 casts for the TV series.

The ducks fly at Midnight.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 3:34 pm

Shatner,Nimoy,DeForest and Doohan

Pure gold

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 4:32 pm

I think TNG had the highest quality actors.  Not perhaps the best characters but the highest caliber actors for sure.  Stewart and Spiner alone have more talent than the entire cast of any other show.

padracin

Report this Jan. 14 2012, 7:56 am

If we're considering the ENTIRE cast of the series I think its DS9 by a pretty wide margin - it had some of the best character actors on TV.  If the question was main leads I would have said TOS.

DS9 was blessed with some pretty good writing as well.  Always hard to know if actors are shining because they're given good material or if the writers are inspired by knowing they've got good actors.

flottanna

Report this Jan. 14 2012, 9:14 am

Agreed about TNG had some high quality actors. But I think TNG would fall just slightly behind DS9 for overall characters. And TOS would beat them both if you included the films. But as a series DS9 all the way. Oh and without a doubt DS9 had some wonderful writing. Maybe the best of all the Trek series.

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

Reedworftripparis

Report this Jan. 14 2012, 9:17 am

My favorite series is Enterprise. So I picked them but I would also like to take some characters from each of the other series and make another ship to help them out.

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

megan512

Report this Jan. 14 2012, 6:41 pm

For me, I had to decide between TNG and TOS. In the end, I voted TOS.

Vger23

Report this Jan. 14 2012, 8:20 pm

TOS. Nimoy and Shatner were just awesome. Doohan and Kelley had a particular charm and magic to them. The others were average...but worked well together, particularly Koenig.

DS9 is probably second. Lots of talent there...Brooks, Shimmerman, Auberjonois, Visitor...all were excellent.

TNG was carried by Stewart, who is a giant and maybe the best actor in the franchise. I like Frakes, but he didn't really need to stretch. Spiner has talent.

VOY and ENT had weak casts, in my opinion. I like Scott Bakula...but that's about it.

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 14 2012, 8:40 pm

At the moment I'm thinking it's a toss-up between TNG and DS9... If only because of the calibre of guest stars they brought on board. Also I think TNG brought a level of dramatic integrity to Star Trek through the performances of already accomplished actors. But also because of the choices made regarding the main cast. The casting choices suited the characters very well, overall. And the choice of actors can often make or break a production, regardless of how talented they are. I will say however that the performances of TNG main cast through much of the first few episodes were decidedly below par. If rating those episodes alone I would most certainly go with DS9.

TOS might be in the middle, although it is more the production values than the actors' performances. I was very impressed to learn that James Doohan is such a fine voice actor, although none of their performances struck me as particularly great. I was a teensy bit disappointed by some of Leonard Nimoy's delivery in Unification although I really enjoy listening to audio of Spock vs Q. They did, however, have a very good ensemble rapport which helps to make enjoyable drama.

Voyager cast -- I hate to say it -- was not terrible, but not that great either with the possible exception of Picardo as the doctor. Enterprise characters also had their moments, and it was a solid enough production, but I don't think Bakula really had the gravitas to be a Starfleet captain. That said, I can't think of a time when the main players of Enterprise were incredibly bad. (In my absolute least favourite episode of Star Trek -- Two Days, Two Nights -- it is more the story than the performances which lets it down.)

Close call, though. And this really is just my own opinion on the matter.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

flottanna

Report this Jan. 14 2012, 8:48 pm

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 14 2012, 9:17 pm

Quote: flottanna @ Jan. 14 2012, 8:48 pm

>Come on guys Quit hating on Voyager. It wasn't a bad show at all. Def weakest cast in my opinion. I just feel that Voyager and Enterprise get bad wraps and they both deserve more.

I don't think we're hating Voyager. It's quite an enjoyable show -- but I think a lot of people would agree it doesn't have a stellar cast.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?