Yep, Enterprise still pisses me off

PeepsMcJuggs

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 10:40 am

I Borg'd yo mama last night. She found it very assimilating.

Ghostmojo

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 11:59 am

Quote: PeepsMcJuggs @ Jan. 06 2012, 10:40 am

>Oh, and oversexed much?  Good Lord, even Jolene Blalock complained about it.  Coming up with excuses to strip her down was almost as bad as Michael Bay's obsession with Megan Fox.

With a name like PeepsMcJuggs - surely this would have appealed?

to boldy go where no man has gone before

Mitchz95

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 12:47 pm

Quote: Ghostmojo @ Jan. 06 2012, 11:59 am

>Nah - not sexed up enough. It was all suggestion - they should have gone further. Either none at all or go the whole way. See the other thread:

>http://www.startrek.com/boards-topic/33350801/the-reason-enterprise-died

>With a name like PeepsMcJuggs - surely this would have appealed?

See my response on the same thread.

PeepsMcJuggs

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 12:52 pm

Hey!  My wife came up with that nickname!

In all seriousness, the oily rubdowns every other episode were just damned silly.  I'm okay with some sexiness seeping into the show if it's plot-related, but shots of T'Pol's well-greased TnA in the decon chamber while she and Tucker are oiling each other up and talking about something completely unrelated were just gratuitous.  It's one of the reasons people failed to take the show seriously.

It's a pretty well-established fact that once you try to make your franchise sexier and edgier, you're guaranteed to kill it.

Isn't that right, Lieutenant Double-Es?

I Borg'd yo mama last night. She found it very assimilating.

Ghostmojo

Report this Jan. 07 2012, 3:39 am

Quote: PeepsMcJuggs @ Jan. 06 2012, 12:52 pm

>Hey!  My wife came up with that nickname!

And a good one it is too!

to boldy go where no man has gone before

flottanna

Report this Jan. 09 2012, 11:18 pm

You know Enterprise was definitely the worst but I still really enjoyed it.

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

PeepsMcJuggs

Report this Jan. 09 2012, 11:52 pm

I'm trying to give it the benifit of the doubt, considering this is my first run-through in about three years, but it still sucks.  I don't think I can even stomach the Xindi storyline.  I might just skip ahead to the Manny Coto era.

I Borg'd yo mama last night. She found it very assimilating.

Beershark

Report this Jan. 10 2012, 12:01 am

Quote: PeepsMcJuggs @ Jan. 06 2012, 10:40 am

>In fairness to the show, I have to rescind some of my previous negative vibes.  it had good acting talent, and if you ignore decades of Trek history (like the writers did ) and view it of its own merits, it's mostly a decent show.

>But the time travel.  Oh my God the time travel.  DS9 and TNG showed this is a great plot for a couple of standalone episodes.  But story arcs about time traveling factions from different centuries meddling in the past to change their future?  And they couldn't just leave it with the Suliban.  Nope, had to have the Sphere Builders too.  And the Nazis.  Gotta have Nazis, right Voyager?

>Oh my God it makes me want to punch people.  Enterprise was supposed to be about discovering the new frontier of an unexplored galaxy, not time travel.  This isn't Doctor Who (which is obvious, because Doctor Who makes time travel interesting).

>And once you do bring Trek canon to bear: 28th Century time travelers that can only project their image into the past.  Really.  KIRK DID IT WITH A FRICKIN' BIRD OF PREY, YOU MORONS!!!!!!

>Naturally, it's easy to point out that the last season was much better.  But by that point, it was too late.  The douchebags in charge had already killed it.

>So, in conclusion, this show pisses me off because it had so much potential, and it was wasted on gimmicky plots and more MacGuffins per episode than any Trek show in history (and that's saying a lot).

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

PeepsMcJuggs

Report this Jan. 10 2012, 12:22 am

Quote: Beershark @ Jan. 10 2012, 12:01 am

>May I suggest that perhaps in the future should avoid watching this show if it upsets you so terribly.

Like I said, I'm watching it through again to see if my previous impressions were clouded by Trekkie bias...which they were.  But now I'm discovering that even without that bias, it's still a disappointing show.

I Borg'd yo mama last night. She found it very assimilating.

Hugues

Report this Jan. 10 2012, 2:50 am

Don't watch it. Problem solved.

Reedworftripparis

Report this Jan. 10 2012, 3:01 pm

I loved Enterprise.

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

Mitchz95

Report this Jan. 10 2012, 4:41 pm

Quote: PeepsMcJuggs @ Jan. 06 2012, 10:40 am

PeepsMcJuggs

Report this Jan. 11 2012, 3:11 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Jan. 10 2012, 4:41 pm

>You're assuming Future Guy's species developed at the same time as the Federation. If that was the case, then you'd be absolutely right. But maybe his species is more primitive, so projecting his image into the past was the best they could do at the time.

And this is why I hate time travel stories.  If his species has the abilitiy to communicate back in time, and therefore to monitor events in the past, and has enough knowledge of Federation history to know what was to happen with Enterprise, and to know what events weren't "supposed" to happen (like the Xindi attack), wouldn't he be able to figure out that Earth wasn't "supposed" to get two whales from the past?  And wouldn't he be able to monitor Kirk's flight in the Bird of Prey to figure out how he did it?

I Borg'd yo mama last night. She found it very assimilating.

Ghostmojo

Report this Jan. 11 2012, 3:58 pm

"It seems today - that all you see
Is parallel universes in movies and no sex on T.V.

But where are those good old fashioned plotlines - on which we used to rely?

Lucky there's a future guy!
Lucky theres a man who - positively can do
all the things that make us - laugh and cry!

He's a Fu-ture Guy!"

lnagr1

Report this Jan. 11 2012, 10:26 pm

Enterprise appeals to some but not others. I just think that it did lack some of the charcter building that the other series had, however it also had some great story lines. I enjoyed it.