NCC 1701-C Coffee Table "Its truly awesome!!"

tenman1

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 5:21 pm

To all the trekkies out there I have something that may interest you and am hoping that someone can help me reach the right audience. I hand built a beautiful enterprise star ship (NCC 1701-C) coffee table out of cherry, ash and poplar wood. Its a one of a kind and am hoping i can get it out there for all you guys to see and hopefully someone will purchase it. You can see it on my website at http://barryshields.com/startrekpage.htm Please let me know what you guys think of it.

Ghostmojo

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 11:27 am

It's excellent - well done!!

It's a pity the main hull support pylon isn't strong enough to support the saucer and glass table (because the struts are an unfortunate structural necessity I suppose).

Why would you want to sell something of such magnificence and such personal effort (unless you plan to make a batch)?

"It's truly awesome!!" I just love you shy wallflower Americans, and your personal modesty and reserve ...

to boldy go where no man has gone before

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 11:33 am

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Ghostmojo

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 11:35 am

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Jan. 06 2012, 11:33 am

>Well A: It is a really nice work of art. If you were able to make it a little less pricey and heavy I would want one.

Especially if it was the Enterprise NCC-1701 refit (ST-TMP)

to boldy go where no man has gone before

tenman1

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 2:27 pm

Thanx for all the compliments and no there want be any more of them and yes its a little pricey but how many of these have you ever seen. Check out my website where I have it for sale.   www.barryshields.com

Vulcan1981

Report this Jan. 08 2012, 10:47 pm

Pretty neat.

"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers."- Seven of Nine

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 09 2012, 5:18 pm

Very cool.  I really like it but don't think it would be marketable.

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 11 2012, 8:16 am

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 11 2012, 11:28 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Jan. 11 2012, 8:16 am

>Does everyone think it looks better in wood or would look better painted like the model.

Personally I think the wood is classy and more furniture like .

Painted it may as be plastic.

JMHO

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

CO_Fowler

Report this Jan. 11 2012, 1:05 pm

Very nice!  I like the wood myself.  I like the glass, but not so much in the clear.  A very, very light, and slight, tint of blue would seem a bit more space like, while keeping a certian transparency so you could still see the ship.  But that's just me :: grin ::

If I had the money and the space I'd get it.  Maybe a smaller tabletop version??

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

CO_Fowler

Report this Jan. 11 2012, 1:05 pm

*Edited to add*  Sorry about the double posting.  'PNF' 6 times before it finally took

tenman1

Report this Jan. 11 2012, 4:17 pm

Thank You all for the comments and suggestions. I wish I would have had the insight to have put a few LED's, that would have look sweet.

CO_Fowler

Report this Jan. 11 2012, 9:44 pm

Yanks, I will delete the extra posts soon, just want to leave them up for a bit since I did mention them in the technical thread on the STARTREK.com forum

tenman1, lights would have been cool, indeed :: big grin ::

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 12 2012, 4:19 am

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

cowgirlcadet

Report this Mar. 09 2012, 3:37 pm

Totally awesome!

Maybe you could sell it to Shatner.....

"Be one with the horse." - Kirk to Spock, The Final Frontier.