Honestly, which series has the best theme song? (Just because a series may be your fave, maybe another had the best song..)

Created by: Vulcan1981

Vulcan1981

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 12:54 am

This is how I rate the theme songs:

Voyager - This song fills me with wonder, hope, a sense of adventure, and inspiration. I never fast forward it.

DS9 - I can't help but to be filled with wonder when I hear it...has a tendancy to get stuck in my head.

Enterprise -Very fitting for the series, inspirational, and beautiful, but if you're watching an ENT marathon, you're fast-forwarding the opener by episode 2 or 3.

Next Gen -Liked it, but parts of the song are awfully close to the Superman and Star Wars themes to me.

Original Series- A classic, but if I'm watching a marathon, Norman's vocals I want to fast forward after the first few episodes.

"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers."- Seven of Nine

tribblenator999

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 6:59 am

IT's basically a 3 way split between voyager, tng, and ds9. They all have kick-ass intros.

Vger23

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 9:16 am

Here's my ranking:

DS9: I like it, but it lacks the punch of the other two.

TOS: I always thought the TOS music was a little hokey.

TAS: The animated series theme is so 70's disco, it makes my stomach turn.

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 11:28 am

I think that TNG (which is my favorite Star Trek series) has an EPIC theme song.  Plus when I hear it I can just imagine an epic voyage in outer space all thanks to composer Jerry Goldsmith =D

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 12:14 pm

I love the trumpet in DS9

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 12:18 pm

Well, my favourite Star Trek music theme of all time has to be the First Contact theme -- but since that's a movie...

I'll go with

Voyager
Deep Space Nine
Next Generation / Original Series (I regard those as similar enough to count as one.)

lastly, Enterprise -- which would have been a brilliant theme without the vocals. Like at the end of Broken Bow. It was the arrangement (and lyrics) more than the tune that sold that one short.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Vulcan1981

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 2:16 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Jan. 05 2012, 9:16 am

>I'm glad you put the "don't just vote automatically for your favorite series" disclaimer. I find that WAY too often, that's what people on this board tend to do with these types of polls.

>Here's my ranking:

>VOY: An original Jerry Goldsmith piece, it's perfect for that series (which happens to be my least-favorite by the way)

>TNG: Although I never liked the TV version of this, it's still an AWESOME theme and it really became the signature for Star Trek for over a decade.

>DS9: I like it, but it lacks the punch of the other two.

>TOS: I always thought the TOS music was a little hokey.

>ENT: I actually really like the song, and I think the lyrics are fitting for the theme the show promised to deliver (but never actually did). But, it still ranks below the others.

>TAS: The animated series theme is so 70's disco, it makes my stomach turn.

Thanks! I agree most people just vote for a song because it's their fave series, hence the disclaimer, lol. For me, DS9 is my least fave series, but I can't deny it's awesome theme.

Reedworftripparis

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 4:18 pm

I like the theme for TNG...always have. Favorite series is Enterprise and I am one that never ever minded the song, always liked it from the first moment I heard it. I like the Voyager theme a lot as well but the TNG theme just always gets me psyched to see the show.

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

litgeek306

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 5:12 pm

It was close between VOY and DS9. I like the ENT theme, but it just doesn't compare.

Mitchz95

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 6:08 pm

DS9 - Fills me with epic wonder, perfectly captures the spirit of the show.

ENT - I hated it at first, but it's grown on me. Very inspirational song.

VOY - Great piece, but not quite enough to trump DS9.

TNG - This started out as the theme from TMP. I never liked the TNG variant; it's too fast in my opinion.

TOS - Sounds a bit too cartoony for me. I preferred the version in the credits of the JJ Abrams film.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 11:23 am

I chose Voyager that song is just so beautiful.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Vulcan1981

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 1:12 pm

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Jan. 06 2012, 11:23 am

>I chose Voyager that song is just so beautiful.

Same here, it's the ringtone for my fiance and is on my ipod.  I love the drums at the beginning and the strings throughout...

the bungalo bill

Report this Jan. 07 2012, 11:49 am

DS9 is my favorite series, but the theme is kind of boring.

Pooneil

Report this Jan. 08 2012, 8:54 am

TOS is the best. You just can't beat that bouncy, jangly, groovy Sixties wackiness.

Voyager after that. Jerry Goldsmith was Trek's best composer, and even though this isn't his best work, it's a good theme.

TNG next, though the TMP or TFF versions of this theme are better.

ENT's theme song repelled me to begin with, but then it started to grow on me, and I'd be humming it at work and feeling my brain going numb...

DS9's theme is rather tepid and repetitive; the show deserved music with a little more mood to it.

Jason222

Report this Jan. 08 2012, 4:20 pm

I say TOS is my favorit one.