Episodes that you love that everyone else hates.

RedVengeance

Report this Jan. 04 2012, 9:34 am

Topic speaks for itself. I'm sure everyone has at least a few episodes (of any series) that they really like even though they may generally be considered really bad, or terrible, or just out-and-out garbage.

Broadstorm

Report this Jan. 04 2012, 4:20 pm

I tend to have the opposite happen, hating the episodes that make the best of collections.

Vger23

Report this Jan. 04 2012, 5:06 pm

I love "Encounter at Farpoint" and I've seen it take a ton of flack on this board...so I guess that qualifies!

I kind of like "Spock's Brain." It's bogus and campy...but it's better than a couple of other TOS episodes, and it's better than half of what appeared in VOY and ENT.

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 04 2012, 5:18 pm

Quote: RedVengeance @ Jan. 04 2012, 9:34 am

>For me, it's the Enterprise episode Storm Front. Yes, I know; time-traveling Nazi space lizards. I understand. I truly, truly understand. Nevertheless, I think that as an alternate history it's extremely well made.

I tend to think of them more as albino nazi gargoyles myself, but I don't mind that episode so much.

Let's see... Not love for all of these, per se -- but I enjoy to varying degrees...

The Passenger
Move Along Home
Crossover
Distant Voices
Prodigal Daughter
Genesis
Night Terrors
and the first half of Remember Me.

Some of the TNG movies too might be in that list -- I have to think more about what I recall other people despising...

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Vger23

Report this Jan. 04 2012, 5:23 pm

People dislike "Night Terrors" and "Remember Me?"

Those are two of my favorite TNG episodes, so I guess I can count those in too.

I also really like Star Trek V and Nemesis...both of which everyone else seems to universally hate.

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 04 2012, 5:33 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Jan. 04 2012, 5:23 pm

>People dislike "Night Terrors" and "Remember Me?"

I've seen people expressing dislike in the past -- although perhaps not broadly. It's hard to recall a TNG episode that is regularly canned except maybe Encounter at Farpoint or some other first season ep. And honestly I'm not fond of those.

Thinking about Encounter at Farpoint, the story is actually quite good -- it's just some of the production values that let it down.

Star Trek V reminds me of a Terry Gilliam movie, and I love Terry Gilliam movies, so that's a ticket to the "Like" list from me. Nemesis, I liked more the first time I saw it, but still enjoy an occasional viewing.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

juliansgirl7

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 6:33 am

DS9

Fascination

The Passenger

Move Along Home

Profit and Lace

TNG

Sub Rosa

The Naked Now

"Your quality will be known among your enemies before ever you meet them, my friend"-Alexander Siddig in Kingdom of Heaven

Mitchz95

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 9:16 am

"Regeneration" is tied with "Impulse" for my favorite Enterprise episode. I also loved "Night Terrors" and "Storm Front". "Zero Hour" was okay too.

Voyager677

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 12:14 pm

I don't know if anyone exactly hates these episodes.  However, "Symbiosis", "Contagion", "Tin Man", and "Timescape" are a few episodes that I really love that never seem to make anyone's best episode lists, and no one ever really says much about them.

kree8or

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 3:24 pm

I really liked the ENT eppisode with the Borg, and I quite liked the film "nemisis"

the bungalo bill

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 4:15 pm

Rascals

Nemesis

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 12:04 am

Quote: juliansgirl7 @ Jan. 05 2012, 6:33 am

>DS9

>Fascination

>TNG

>Sub Rosa

Oh yeah I forgot about Fascination and Sub Rosa. Also enjoy those although I can see why some people do not like. Come to think of it -- I like all of Lwaxana's appearances on DS9 (and TNG for that matter.) Even if an episode is a little meh, she makes it better.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

juliansgirl7

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 6:30 am

I just love how out of control everyone got near the end of the episode(Fascination)

It was just like that Shakespearean play "Midsummer Night's Dream" where everyone was falling for the WRONG person

And Lwaxana was the Titania-by accident of course-in the story

juliansgirl7

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 6:32 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Sub Rosa surely is one the worst episodes of TNG - so there you've got confirmation of the 'hate'.

>OK and I also 'hate' 'Naked Now' too.

Then my choices for the TNG episodes are perfect!

T'adam

Report this Jan. 06 2012, 3:19 pm

Ill tell you what i hate, that everyone else seems to love, anything with Q in it, i cant stand him.

Something else i dont enjoy, that many others do, anything on Deep Space Nine.