Obsessed With Star Trek Book Problem

J Kirk In Texas

Report this Dec. 18 2011, 3:30 pm

The question is from the Voyager part, it asks; "What Class of Ship is the U.S.S. Equinox?" While the answer even by StarTrek.com is Nova Class (http://www.startrek.com/database_article/Equinox-U-S-S-_2000-04-14-00-00-00) when i put that answer into the answer box it says it is "Incorrect." Anyone else notice this problem with this book?

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 18 2011, 11:18 pm

guillermo.mejía

Report this Dec. 19 2011, 8:14 am

I don't need the book as evidence that I'm obssessed with Trek. The Mirror Kirk in my office desk aiming a phaser at my physical files pretty much does it for me.

J Kirk In Texas

Report this Dec. 19 2011, 9:39 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Dec. 18 2011, 11:18 pm

>The book didn't interest me. I'm less interested now. It was definitely Nova class. What does it want, Rhode Island?

It says it is intreped, can you beleve that? It is so stupid.

J Kirk In Texas

Report this Dec. 19 2011, 9:43 am

[quote]

[/quote]

I guess that true, my spock ears and my non-stop talking about it is enough.

Sora

Report this Dec. 19 2011, 1:29 pm

It's almost as if they rushed it out before it ready or something.

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 19 2011, 1:30 pm

Intrepid!?! What does it say Voyager is?

Sora

Report this Dec. 19 2011, 9:41 pm

It probably says Voyager is Galaxy class or something...

Live Long and Prosper

J Kirk In Texas

Report this Dec. 20 2011, 7:12 am

Quote: Sora @ Dec. 19 2011, 1:29 pm

>I got the book when it first came out and I actually took it back to the book store and got a refund. I was so excited for it and I started with the original series and worked my way though. It claimed I had a lot of the TOS questions wrong, and I let it go, simply knowing that TOS is where I'm weak, however I know TNG like the back of my hand and it was telling me I was wrong on some of the TNG questions and I was like, I don't think so lol

>One of the questions asked were who was Miles O' Brian married to. Keiko! Everybody knows that, but the book says Keiko is wrong. The book says he married Alyssa Ogowa. And that totally ruined it for me. I never made it any further into the book. I took it back to the store and I even tried out a few more books just thinking maybe mine was defective, but they all did the same thing so I just got a refund.

>It's almost as if they rushed it out before it ready or something.

Yeah I tend to agree with you. They rushed the book before it was ready. Also, i don't know much about the author of this book, granted, he has done some star trek commic books, but does that make him the type of guy to write this book? We can't allways know everything, but with a book like this, it needs to be extremely accurate. This book is blatantly not.

J Kirk In Texas

Report this Dec. 20 2011, 7:24 am

Quote: Sora @ Dec. 19 2011, 9:41 pm

>It probably says Voyager is Galaxy class or something...

If they way the book is any correlation. Then probably so. I wonder why they havn't done a recal of them. That is a serious problem, if even i a person who has had the book for only a few days notice this, how many others will?

Vulcan1981

Report this Dec. 20 2011, 7:02 pm

"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers."- Seven of Nine

J Kirk In Texas

Report this Dec. 20 2011, 7:53 pm

Quote: Vulcan1981 @ Dec. 20 2011, 7:02 pm

>I've been wanting to pick it up. I think it'll make a nice travel game on long trips.

Well it is a good book but like we have been saying. It is a fun book. :/

mnpsatan13_10000041783898

Report this Dec. 21 2011, 9:48 am

Maybe we shouldn't take this book seriously.

On a lighter note, the book could be from a parallel universe.

"People laugh because I'm different, and I laugh because they are all the same!" Keep trekking Bye http://freewebs.com/mnpsatan13

J Kirk In Texas

Report this Dec. 21 2011, 3:06 pm

Quote: mnpsatan13_100000417838986 @ Dec. 21 2011, 9:48 am

>Maybe we shouldn't take this book seriously. On a lighter note, the book could be from a parallel universe.

Ha "mirror mirror" huh?

rocinante2

Report this Jan. 04 2012, 10:28 am

I received this book for Christmas and played with it a lot on the "random question" setting over the holidays.

It's fun, but I began to suspect that there were a non-trivial number of errors in the electronic module answer key.

For example:

#318  What was true about the first episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation that was NOT true of the original series' first broadcast?

A.  It aired in syndication
B.  Gene Roddenberry had nothing to do with the production
C.  It was shot in high definition
D.  It didn't feature a ship called Enterprise

Well, I don't think one has to be 'obsessed' with Star Trek to know the answer to this one is probably A.  However, the answer key scores the correct answer to Question #318 as "B" - and I think it's pretty unlikely that B is correct.

Other sources estimate that as many as 3% of the questions may be flat out wrong and/or questionable (phrased badly or unfairly misleading):  http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=155746

Note:  I hope it's not bad Trek forum-fu to link to another site.  (I'm new here.)

Anyway, I will continue to enjoy it.  I'm circling the demonstrably - as in verified with Memory Alpha and other sources - wrong questions so I'll know what I'm facing and I'll give myself a 3% handicap on future scores ;-)

Users browsing this forum: DS9TREK, FleetAdmiral_BamBam