TV Shows You'd Like to Come Back

ColPeg

Report this Dec. 08 2011, 8:21 pm

I'll start:

It's about time (Comedy/Sci-Fi - Astronauts in Caveman days - 1966)

"If Man is to survive, he will have learned to take delight in the essential difference between people and cultures" -Gene Roddenberry -=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Col. P. A. Stevens CO, USS Code Talker NCC-1195

ColPeg

Report this Dec. 08 2011, 8:22 pm

I wasn't able to preview my description so I follow with further instructions here -

Can you add just one?  Like the Lays Potato Chip Commercial just add one with no repeats.  We'll call you on it.  It doesn't need to be Sci-Fi only - any show will do.

TheDriver

Report this Dec. 08 2011, 10:56 pm

What? I'm not sure your analogy is making sense to the rest of us, ColPeg. Ha.

As for what shows I'd like to see get a second chance?

Red Dwarf is actually in the process of shooting another series right now!!!

I don't know... I can't really think of anything else at the moment.

"Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast."

Beersnark

Report this Dec. 09 2011, 12:55 am

Quote: TheDriver @ Dec. 08 2011, 10:56 pm

>What? I'm not sure your analogy is making sense to the rest of us, ColPeg. Ha.

>As for what shows I'd like to see get a second chance?

>Deadwood could really use a fourth season or a "made-for-HBO-movie." In fact, last I'd read, the entire cast would be up for something like this.

>I'd also love to see Miami Vice get another serious crack at the big screen. What's interesting is Michael Mann discusses a possible sequel on the DVD.

>Red Dwarf is actually in the process of shooting another series right now!!!

>Another X-Files flick would be cool. And this is something that Duchovny would actually like to see happen as well.

>Bryan Singer is working on yet another Battlestar Galactica reboot, this time for the big screen.

>I don't know... I can't really think of anything else at the moment.

It ain't that hard to figure out. Add ONE old tv show, not FIVE........

"These people are natural born idiots."-Neelix

Beersnark

Report this Dec. 09 2011, 12:55 am

Perry Mason

"These people are natural born idiots."-Neelix

OtakuJo

Report this Dec. 09 2011, 4:27 am

I have to admit I had to read this three times before I understood the meaning. (Lays Potato Chip Commercial reference isn't much help for those of us who have never seen it. I'm guessing there is some kind of connection to the rules....)

"PSYCHOS"

It only ran for a series as far as I know, but ended up on almost a semi-cliffhanger and I was dying at that time to see how it would continue.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

ColPeg

Report this Dec. 09 2011, 6:55 am

Lay's Potato Chips had the commercial, "betcha can't eat one!"

As I see from TheDriver - yep, it's hard to just list one show.

Sorry about that chief. . .

Oh yeah!  Get Smart (1960's TV show)

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Dec. 09 2011, 11:22 am

New Amsterdam

The Chicago Code

The Unit

And of course.... Babylon 5

TheDriver

Report this Dec. 09 2011, 11:45 am

Hey, my bad, ColPeg. Again, I just really didn't grasp your meaning.

So how about a decent Prisoner relaunch? (I thought the recent AMC version kinda sucked.)

"Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast."

megan512

Report this Dec. 09 2011, 2:24 pm

Firefly. It was an awesome show that had so much potential.

Vicsage

Report this Dec. 09 2011, 2:46 pm

Twilight Zone.

No response must mean you all agree.

DS9TREK

Report this Dec. 09 2011, 3:36 pm

The Crystal Maze.

OtakuJo

Report this Dec. 09 2011, 5:17 pm

Quote: ColPeg @ Dec. 09 2011, 6:55 am

>Oh Yeah, I see what you mean.  I was writing on 'very old shows' rather than more recent history of TV.

>Lay's Potato Chips had the commercial, "betcha can't eat one!"

Ah I get it. Kind of like the Tamarian way of speaking -- makes sense once you know the reference. Psychos is a '90s show that I saw in uni but I can't think of one I want to see more. I hope that's old enough.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Reedworftripparis