Patrick Stewart in A Christmas Carol

cmcelraft

Report this Dec. 04 2011, 7:44 pm

I am watching Patrick Stewart's Version of A Christmas Carol. It is great fun to pretend that Picard is on the Holodeck portraying Scrooge.

juliansgirl7

Report this Dec. 05 2011, 6:22 am

I love this version. I have it on tape but I can't find that tape right now-plus it's getting a bit worn so I need to retape it, along with "The History of Christmas" grom the History Channel

"Your quality will be known among your enemies before ever you meet them, my friend"-Alexander Siddig in Kingdom of Heaven

ColPeg

Report this Dec. 05 2011, 11:00 am

I haven't seen it - can't afford cable.

Is it available to purchase?

"If Man is to survive, he will have learned to take delight in the essential difference between people and cultures" -Gene Roddenberry -=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Col. P. A. Stevens CO, USS Code Talker NCC-1195

CornishMonkey

Report this Dec. 05 2011, 12:02 pm

If you ever get a chance to watch Sir Patrick in his one man stage production of the story, go and see it.  It is astonishingly good.  I saw it in 2005.

"What's wrong, Captain Picard?" "What's wrong? I'm a serious Shakespearian actor, and I'm talking to the ambassador of the F**KING WORM PEOPLE!"

Caalma

Report this Dec. 05 2011, 3:56 pm

it is phenominal.

when i saw patrick stewert at one of the conventions, i got him to sign the tv guide picture i had of the original broadcast. as well as my peter and the wolf CD narrated by him. he was glad to see that i had those two. i heard he doesnt sign start trek items, so they dont get sold on ebay.

that is now my favorite version of a christmas carol.

"Do you think it's possible for two people to go back in time and correct a mistake that never should have happened?" ... "On this ship, anything is possible."

LieutenantCommanderData62

Report this Dec. 05 2011, 4:11 pm

When I get home imma watch macbeth with him. I think he is fabulous is all his plays/movies!!! Loveeeeee a christmas carol

"I do not believe it is justified to sacrifice one life-form for another."-Data