Data VS. Spock

Created by: TrekkieCavico120797

TrekkieCavico120797

Report this Nov. 24 2011, 6:20 am

I think Data was by far the most human but both characters grew alot over the years and through the movies.  I just think Data came farthur because being human was something he wanted to acheive and Spock became more human but did not really intend to but it happened.

TrekkieCavico120797

Report this Nov. 24 2011, 6:21 am

I LUV DATA!

LieutenantCommanderData62

Report this Nov. 24 2011, 8:43 am

I'm reading a book right as thisb moment...Is Data Human. I find it fascinating cause it talks a lot about Spock and data comparing contrasting and such... I actually find an admiradable characteristic in Spock.. I'm starting to like him without really watching much os TOS. Gotta love Spock.
Of course my vote went for Data

"I do not believe it is justified to sacrifice one life-form for another."-Data

konarciq

Report this Nov. 25 2011, 3:31 am

I see where you guys are coming from, but IMO, no matter how human in his character Data is, he still is a piece of machinery. A very lovable piece of machinery, but physically, he is indeed a machine. And not human.

That's something you can't say of Spock. He at least is indeed 50% human in the physical sense. No matter how much he tries to deny his roots in his behaviour...

the bungalo bill

Report this Nov. 25 2011, 11:34 pm

Physically, Spock. He was 50% human, whereas Data was 100% android made to look like a human.

Roboto

Report this Nov. 26 2011, 4:11 pm

Depends what exactly you mean by "being human".

Spock is unquestionably the most physically, literally human. He IS human by blood.

Philosophically? Spock has more or less rejected his humanity while Data yearns and searches for it. Spock denies the influence of human emotions and ideals yet again and again we are drawn to conclude the opposite is the case. Data wants to be human, strives to grow and become more than what he is, yet he can never quite achieve his ultimate goal.

It is like a paradox.

Who is the more human? I cannot say. They are both quite human and quite un-human in their own ways.

clover_data

Report this Nov. 26 2011, 7:25 pm

Data is more human in the way he is striving to better himself, which that is what most humans wants to. Data also is wanting to become more like a human unlike Spock.

Spock is more human in the way he has human blood, but he is striving to become more Vulcan and 'forgoting' about his human half.

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Picard

Roboto

Report this Nov. 26 2011, 7:29 pm

Quote: clover_data @ Nov. 26 2011, 7:25 pm

>Because I believe that humanity is more about striving to better yourself I voted for Dats.

... Which is an amusing thought because by that definition, Spock is only increasing his sense of humanity by rejecting it because he does so in an effort to "better himself", in a sense of speaking.

AKill

Report this Nov. 27 2011, 1:08 am

Data and spocks conversation data said that Spock has abandon the human way of life but Spock said data is more vulcan

Its the ghastly mr. Data i could now stub my toe with the best of them

AKill

Report this Nov. 27 2011, 1:16 am

I love data too I think he's the best playing three roles at the same time data, lore and dr sung

Its the ghastly mr. Data i could now stub my toe with the best of them

Ghostmojo

Report this Nov. 27 2011, 1:08 pm

Why are threads repeated all over the place?

You can read the same stuff over here:

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Nov. 27 2011, 3:30 pm

Spock Kirk always destroys computers that tick him off.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

captain saavik

Report this Nov. 27 2011, 6:06 pm

SPOCKKKKKKKKK I LOVE YOU HUNNY!!!!

How could you love any other it is only logical to love the pointy eared emotionally conflicted sacrifical alien that is amazingly hot on so many levels how do you not love spock?

megan512

Report this Nov. 27 2011, 6:30 pm

This is really hard. I want to say Data, because he is striving to become as human as possible.

At the same time though, Spock is trying to get away from his human half, which is why, in a way, I think Spock in the end is truly more human. I think because he's trying to get away from part of who he is, that makes him more human.

I don't know if that makes any sense. Anyway, I voted for Spock.

scott.johnson_844542359

Report this Nov. 27 2011, 7:32 pm

Data was far more likable than Spock. If those are the parameters, then I would have to say Data.

Holmes and Watson