TNG and Dr. Crusher

scott.johnson_844542359

Report this Nov. 21 2011, 8:14 pm

It's been twenty years since I've watched TNG. Don't really remember much of it.  Netflix has allowed me a renewed interest in the entire franchise. I've just completed the first season of TNG and have watched the first two episodes of season 2. I've learned I don't like Dr. Pulasky. In fact I was never a big fan of Diane Muldar. Is there a reason for me to continue on with the second season or should I just warp to the third season where I can be reunited with the lovely and much more believable Dr. Beverly Crusher?

267198ed

Report this Nov. 21 2011, 10:20 pm

Keep watching.

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

Reedworftripparis

Report this Nov. 22 2011, 7:17 am

Keep watching. There are some good episodes in season 2 and then just keep on going.

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

scott.johnson_844542359

Report this Nov. 22 2011, 10:00 am

I've finished the first three episodes of season 2. The stories have been great but Dr. Pulaski isn't getting easier to tolerate. She's like fingernails on a chalkboard. But I will continue....

RedVengeance

Report this Nov. 22 2011, 10:43 am

Bev was nice to look at, but not much else.

I drink, therefore I am.

scott.johnson_844542359

Report this Nov. 22 2011, 11:47 am

Quote: RedVengeance @ Nov. 22 2011, 10:43 am

>Bev was nice to look at, but not much else.

No question she was easy on the eye but I liked her character.

RedVengeance

Report this Nov. 22 2011, 11:58 am

Quote: scott.johnson_844542359 @ Nov. 22 2011, 11:47 am

Quote: RedVengeance @ Nov. 22 2011, 10:43 am

>Bev was nice to look at, but not much else.

No question she was easy on the eye but I liked her character.

She had character?

News to me.

I drink, therefore I am.

scott.johnson_844542359

Report this Nov. 22 2011, 2:20 pm

Quote: RedVengeance @ Nov. 22 2011, 11:58 am

>She had character?

>News to me.

Obviously, we have difference of opinion

the bungalo bill

Report this Nov. 22 2011, 2:24 pm

Keep watching. You'll love Shades of Gray (the finale)

Medic_1849

Report this Nov. 22 2011, 7:19 pm

Although I couldn't stand Pulaski, I found Season 2 to be much better than season 1.

Some of the episodes I enjoyed were:

The Royale

Time Squared

Q Who (best one of the season)

Peak Performance

scott.johnson_844542359

Report this Nov. 23 2011, 12:36 am

I've watched the first 8 episodes so far. I haven't been disappointed with any so far. I still don't like Pulaski though.

RedVengeance

Report this Nov. 23 2011, 11:19 am

Quote: RedVengeance @ Nov. 22 2011, 11:58 am

Quote: scott.johnson_844542359 @ Nov. 22 2011, 11:47 am

Quote: RedVengeance @ Nov. 22 2011, 10:43 am

>Bev was nice to look at, but not much else.

No question she was easy on the eye but I liked her character.

She had character?

News to me.

Man she was scenery! Very nice scenery, sure; but scenery nonetheless, like pretty much all the women on TNG.

Now, don't get me wrong: TNG was a great show overall but it was as well, like the original, a completely male-dominated, testosterone-driven show. And then of course in Voyager they went to the opposite extreme; but that's another can of worms all together.

I drink, therefore I am.

Pooneil

Report this Nov. 23 2011, 11:51 am

I like both Pulaski and the second season. Not all of the second season, but I think its best episodes were among the best of the series.

I'm always confused when people say they dislike Pulaski. Some people complain that TNG had no conflict among the characters, that they were a bland, homogeneous bunch. Pulaski added a lot of conflict -- with Data and Worf in particular, but also with Picard. She got people arguing. What's not to like? I haven't paid enough attention to see if the folks who hate Pulaski are the same ones who want to see more conflict, though.

Sometimes I wonder if Pulaski would have been more successful if she'd been a man. Is Crusher more popular because viewers like their women more docile and sweet-natured? That's just the former college student in me talking.

Broadstorm

Report this Nov. 24 2011, 8:59 pm

Keep watching through the second season.  There are some decent episodes, 2 of which are Pulaskiless.  Dealing with Pulaski will give you a better appreciation for when Dr Crusher returns.  Also, you'll get to see someone who is not a doctor come up with a cure for something and upstage her by saving more lives in 1 episode than she saves the entire year.  I am intentionally leaving out the episode title & name of the person to avoid spoiling it for you.  I'll just say it was not Data.  Let me know when you get to that episode and tell me what you think.

AKill

Report this Nov. 27 2011, 1:41 am

I love dr crusher I would definitely marry her

Its the ghastly mr. Data i could now stub my toe with the best of them

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam