Untitled Syfy show known as "Starship Defender"

guide_X

Report this Nov. 19 2011, 7:25 pm

K'Tavor

Report this Nov. 26 2011, 3:03 pm

Well it sounds promising. It will be nice to see Syfy return to what it was made for.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Nov. 26 2011, 3:09 pm

Doesn't sound too promising from that description...

RanCorX2

Report this Nov. 27 2011, 1:38 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Nov. 26 2011, 3:09 pm

>"After decades of war, the newly formed Unity Democracy orders a volatile mix of humans and trans-humans to lead the Starship Defender on an expedition in search of lost worlds requiring law and order."

>Doesn't sound too promising from that description...

doesn't sound anything like star trek and echoes of cancelled.

Computer. Arch.

Pooneil

Report this Nov. 27 2011, 9:53 am

It sounds like Andromeda, or Farscape, or Crusade, or SeaQuest, or something. In fact it sounds terribly generic.

Vulcan1981

Report this Dec. 21 2011, 2:29 am

I sincerely doubt Star Trek would put a new series to debut on Syfy. Syndicated-sure and they already have, but not a new one. I think I can count on one, possibly two hands the number of shows that have debuted on Syfy and have been successful.

Don't get me wrong, I love Syfy and I am glad it is trying to get back to it's roots, I just don't think this new show is Trek. I am intrigued to learn more about it though...

"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers."- Seven of Nine

guide_X

Report this Dec. 23 2011, 10:18 am

Andromeda Season 1 and 2 better than 3-5 (Wolfe was not a part of the show during 3-5 (Not that terrible is excused because it's better than horrible or anything.))

Some of Syfy's shows were pretty good, Caprica, Stargate Universe, BSG.

It's possible that it's not a Star Trek show, but it's hard to ignore the term starship. The shows direction does sound kind of bad. Am I the only one picturing an old beat up but functional Starfleet warship (like a big Defiant) flying through the rubble of a large conflict looking for signs of intelligent life but only finding Road Warrier types flying garbage scows trying to steal debris like Nelix?

lostshaker

Report this Dec. 23 2011, 6:26 pm

I'll give the show a chance since it's written by a Star Trek alumni, who participated in the good years defined by 1966-2005. But I'm skeptical. It sounds like a crew with a heavy interventionist policy.

Anyway, I've recently stumbled across "Firefly" and was quite delighted with a crew that focused on free trade and attempted to mind their own business.

captainroe

Report this Dec. 29 2011, 1:31 pm

It kinda sounds like a ripoff of Andromeda.

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra