Do you like Quark?

MaraJade18

Report this Nov. 15 2011, 12:56 pm

I personnally love quark. Very funny. What's your opinian?

"I don't have time to give you, or Will Riker a chance, just get it done."-Captain Jellico

OtakuJo

Report this Nov. 16 2011, 10:20 pm

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

DarthLocutus

Report this Nov. 17 2011, 8:21 am

I really enjoyed his character. The ferengi episodes wre some of my favorite of the sereis

intra86

Report this Nov. 17 2011, 11:15 am

Of course!  He's such a great contrast to the other moral-centric characters.

Vorta_the_point

Report this Nov. 17 2011, 12:10 pm

I think that's his great strength - because he was such a contrast to the other characters, it brought out the uniqueness of his personality in a way that might have been missed otherwise; he was in his element when being played off against the other characters.

MoppyCGDaniels

Report this Nov. 19 2011, 2:51 pm

Quote: OtakuJo @ Nov. 16 2011, 10:20 pm

>I honestly did not like him (or Ferengi for that matter) first time I saw DS9. But I grew to like him much more as time went by -- and discovered that he is such a magnificent scoundrel.

So you grew to like him, hmm? Does this mean you grow up and he too, or did you want to write your dislike of Ferengie (or Armin Shimmerman for that matter) did evolve to like him? (By growing alike a plant).

Quark is a maginificient scoundrel. I realy liked him from the beginning on for the reason he does thinks in a certain type which only he can do, like disarming a Dominion torpedo or freeing Jake Sisko, Major Kira, Rom & Leta from the prison on ds9.

You could say even though Odo & Quark had a good realtionship, they were worthy advesaries.

wissa

Report this Nov. 21 2011, 4:10 pm

I love quark.  I love his whole family.  DS9 is the only series where we see another species interacting with each other like that.  One of the things that makes ds9 so great

I have no idea why it's typing like this

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

LieutenantCommanderData62

Report this Nov. 21 2011, 4:15 pm

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee quarkkkk! The first time i watched DS9 he ended up being my favorite character after the first season!

"I do not believe it is justified to sacrifice one life-form for another."-Data

MagGu

Report this Nov. 21 2011, 10:51 pm

I love Quark...I'd give him Oo-max!

Gul Wunn

Report this Nov. 22 2011, 6:15 am

Quote: MagGu @ Nov. 21 2011, 10:51 pm

>I love Quark...I'd give him Oo-max!

I'd say that's worthy of an "Ohh Myy"  Hehe

I've always said there are two main reasons DS9 is my favorite series:  Ferengi and Cardassians.  Quark is a great example of the Fringe of Ferengi society, trying to earn profit like a good Ferengi but constatnly emersed in the do-goodery of the Federation and Bajorans on the station.

That said, Quark and Garak's conversation about Root Beer and the Federation is one of my favorite scenes in Star Trek.

"Lying is a skill like any other. And if you want to maintain a level of excellence, you have to practice constantly." - Garak

Matthias Russell

Report this Nov. 22 2011, 1:14 pm

I really loved how DS9 developed the Ferengi in a way TNG couldn't. The way they used Quark in a way to humorously show how bad rampant, run away capitalism can get. Sometimes I felt they used the Ferengi as a way to contrast modern values with those of the trek-style utopia.

Meanwhile, Quark grew more than most characters in the franchise going from a single minded profit chaser to actually being caring and moral.

Medic_1849

Report this Nov. 22 2011, 7:34 pm

At first I was indifferent to Quark.  Over time I Quark et al. grew on me.  I loved the character development and enjoyed the Ferengi episodes.

I met Armin Shimmermin this summer.  Nice guy, I enjoyed listening to his stories.

Soong_Cybernetics1701

Report this Nov. 26 2011, 5:11 pm

At first I didn't really care for him, but the more DS9 I watched, the more likeable he became.  He's such a sneaky bastard! It's hilarious!

Soong_Cybernetics1701

Report this Nov. 26 2011, 5:11 pm

Pooneil

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 9:27 am

I like Quark just fine, especially in the earlier episodes when he actually comes across as a scheming criminal, rather than a totally ineffectual one who nobody takes seriously.

It's the rest of the Ferengi I can't tolerate.