Which Romantic Relationship Had the Least Chemistry?

Created by: Matthias Russell

Matthias Russell

Report this Nov. 10 2011, 2:55 pm

There were more relationships, flings, and lost opportunities than can fit in a short list but some romantic relationships were established with some failing quickly and some feeling like last minute thoughts.  But of the established romantic relationships between main characters, which just didn’t work for you?

Reedworftripparis

Report this Nov. 10 2011, 3:54 pm

Worf and Troi. I still don't know what they were thinking when they wrote the 2 of them as a "couple".

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

24thcenstfan

Report this Nov. 10 2011, 5:41 pm

Kira and Odo.  Almost painful to watch.

Followed closely by Neelix and Kes.

Join us @ => KEEP ON TREKKIN'

A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

267198ed

Report this Nov. 11 2011, 10:07 pm

Neelix and Kes was indeed, ah, awkward, she seemed to be in his debt more than anything else, not the best thing to base a romantic relationship on.

Seven and Chakotay was aprubt, seemed like they had forgotten they had planned on writing it, remembered all of a sudden and sprang it on us at the last minute.

Actaully, come to think of it there aren't very many relationships I was fond of, or rather few I found to be believeable enough.

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

OtakuJo

Report this Nov. 12 2011, 1:02 am

Oops I think I just ticked the wrong box. I meant to vote Worf and Troi, not Worf and Dax.

Maybe because I was thinking actually that the least chemistry was actually between Dax and Kahn in that Rejoined episode. (Part of what made their relationship so uninteresting.)

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

the bungalo bill

Report this Nov. 12 2011, 8:55 pm

It's a shame we can't vote for multiple ones- My choices are:

(worst) 1) Troi & Worf   Just...no

2)Spock & Uhura    Bad idea from the start-they probably did it to add drama to st2009

3)Bashir & Ezri    It was okay with Bashir and Jadzia, but they shouldn't have recycled the idea with Bashir and Ezri

lunabunnyolie

Report this Nov. 13 2011, 9:11 pm

I was totally taken off guard when Seven and Chakotay got together. I didn't like it when it was just a halo-simulation, and I hated it when it was a real relationship. They had no previous chemistry, it seemed to just pop up. They didn't even seem to "match" to me. Chakotay and Janeway would have been much more believable.

LtPondwater9

Report this Nov. 14 2011, 3:08 pm

Chakotay/Seven. They really didn't have anything in common, not even chemistry. Opposites attract but they didn't even have a friendship.

The ducks fly at Midnight.

guillermo.mejía

Report this Nov. 14 2011, 4:34 pm

Why is Neelix/Kes not in the voting? That had to be the most mismatched pair in all of Trek, bar none.

guillermo.mejía

Report this Nov. 14 2011, 4:36 pm

Why aren't Neelix/Kes on the least. That had to be the most mismatched pair in all of Trek.

..Though Chakotay/Seven comes close, but at least the actors did the very best they could with what little they had.

Matthias Russell

Report this Nov. 14 2011, 6:12 pm

Quote: 24thcenstfan @ Nov. 10 2011, 5:41 pm

Kira and Odo.  Almost painful to watch.

Followed closely by Neelix and Kes.

wow. How did I forget about these 2, especially since I agree they didn't work.

Caesar753

Report this Nov. 14 2011, 7:56 pm

Chakotay and Seven were the worst.  That relationship came out of nowhere and had absolutely no chemistry.  Seven should have gotten with the doctor.

anthony.pribbenow1

Report this Nov. 14 2011, 8:52 pm

Quote: 24thcenstfan @ Nov. 10 2011, 5:41 pm

>Kira and Odo.  Almost painful to watch.

>Followed closely by Neelix and Kes.

i greatly agree about Kira and Odo, i mean Snookie from Jersey Shore has better chemistry with every guy she sees and she is a complete whore lol.  Kira should have went with Worf since they share the same personality when it comes with duties and honor along with the warrior mentality.