Did Data wear underwear?

Created by: Matthias Russell

Matthias Russell

Report this Nov. 09 2011, 1:27 pm

Data was fully functional but does that mean he needed an extra layer of protection? If he did wear underwear, did he need more than one pair?

Discuss. And have fun.

Roboto

Report this Nov. 09 2011, 5:14 pm

Oh my. So it goes from Facebook to ST.com. Matt, Matt, Matt. . .

Okay. I say briefs. They just seem more his style. I image that Data's reaction to boxers would be:

"All this extra fabric is wasteful. It serves no fashion function as it hidden by my clothes, and I have no sleeping partner to admire them, so briefs would be the most logical choice."

Data would never go underwear-less. Remember how his "mother" said how he used to run around naked before they put "modesty" into his programming? Well, there you have it. I think that covers that.

Still LOLing. . .

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Nov. 09 2011, 7:14 pm

What's standard issue in Starfleet? Do they still wear those blue ones from ENT?

Matthias Russell

Report this Nov. 09 2011, 10:18 pm

What can I say Roboto?  You are my muse.

Data is being modest while in uniform alone.  Everything is covered; anything else would be a waste of fabric.  Data has as much use of undies as he does a spacesuit during an EVA.

24thcenstfan

Report this Nov. 10 2011, 6:05 pm

Data was a by the book kind of guy, so if they still had standard issue in the 24C, he probably wore them.

I'll go with a brief like undergarment.

Join us @ => KEEP ON TREKKIN'

A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

Caesar753

Report this Nov. 10 2011, 6:51 pm

Data seems like a briefs man to me.

Beershark

Report this Nov. 10 2011, 7:13 pm

I have it on good authority that he a certain prediliction for women's silk, crotchless panties.

TrekkieCavico120797

Report this Nov. 13 2011, 9:44 pm

OMGG!!!  i asked myself that question today as i was watchingTNG!!!!  I can only see him wearing undies if it made him feel more human.  Whatever works to strive toward humanity i guess. I LUV DATA SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

Reedworftripparis

Report this Nov. 15 2011, 9:12 am

Yeah, I think he did. Just for the sensation of feeling them as a human would.

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

Matthias Russell

Report this Nov. 15 2011, 2:02 pm

Beershark

Report this Nov. 15 2011, 2:43 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Nov. 15 2011, 2:02 pm

>I think he was a free baller. He didn't need it and no one would know so why bother?

There's an interesting thought. Did he have the "equipment" referenced by Mr. Mathias? As He was programed in multiple techniques, he obviously had a giggle stick, but would he have a sack full of joy to go with it? Either way, what ever tools he did have might need some protection and support, unless he was retractable.

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

Matthias Russell

Report this Nov. 15 2011, 5:50 pm

Beershark

Report this Nov. 15 2011, 6:37 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Nov. 15 2011, 5:50 pm

>The colonists where he was built were uncomfortable with him walking around naked so clearly he is accurate to the detail. But since he shouldn't have . . . leakage issues . . . down there he has no use for underwear.

Not even for support? If he was THAT detailed and accurate, then they would have been swinging and swaying like the rest of us.

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

megan512

Report this Nov. 15 2011, 7:02 pm

I log on and this is the first thing I see. Definitely made my day.

I think Data wore underwear, most likely briefs. That's just more like Data.

Matthias Russell

Report this Nov. 16 2011, 9:52 am

Okay, if he did, then he would wear briefs. But underwear isn't mainly a support garment. That brings me to a question- Did Lal wear a bra?