If you were Captain Janeway, would you have let Seven of Nine experiment with the Omega Molecule?

Captain Eastwood

Report this Oct. 28 2011, 1:03 pm

I beleive what Captain janeway did was correct in destroying the molecules.. who knows there could be more of the molecule around.. maybe seven will have another chance...

What would you have done?

Please state the nature of the medical emergency?

hayleypaige

Report this Oct. 28 2011, 11:42 pm

I completely agree. Janeway did the right thing. She's a star fleet captain and so she is compelled to follow and uphold their directives. Seven had Borg technology that could've safely contained the molecules for further study but the sheer volatility of the omega molecule and the lack of evidence that the Borg-technology would work... the risks ultimately outweigh the gains.

I wouldve done the same in janeways position

There has to be more of the molecule out there, who knows maybe seven did get a chance to fully understand 'perfection'. I like to think she did.

Reedworftripparis

Report this Oct. 31 2011, 3:27 pm

At first I was leaning towards Seven but when you think of what could happen, then my attitude changes. I would side with Janeway. Obviously the Omega Directive was put in place because this was not a one time deal. There will be more opportunities for Seven to study this, in a more stable location at a more appropriate time.

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

Vulcan1981

Report this Dec. 16 2011, 2:04 pm

Janeway did the right thing. Perhaps in a more stable environment, the circumstances would have been different, but things as they were, it was best to destroy them.

"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers."- Seven of Nine

miklamar

Report this Feb. 01 2012, 6:30 pm

Right, the Omega molecules were too dangerous--for several reasons.  Janeway was right to destroy them.

Beershark

Report this Feb. 02 2012, 12:21 am

Janeway is right,as usuall

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

Mitchz95

Report this Feb. 02 2012, 7:19 pm

Enough Omega molecules to trash the entire Delta Quadrant...I think I would destroy them rather than satisfy one crew member's curiosity.

guillermo.mejía

Report this Feb. 03 2012, 5:10 am

As a captain's responsability, I'm in agreement with Janeway here. No amount of curiosity can compensate for the level of destruction the Omega Molecule could unleash.

Kate McCoy

Report this Feb. 03 2012, 6:08 pm

I know it's not "Canon" but in one of TOS's Novels deals with the scientist that discovered them.... Him and everyone on the cloked staionends up dead and The Enterprise was nearly destroy so I'm saying Janeway made the right move

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Feb. 05 2012, 9:49 am

Yeah destroying them was the right move. That episode was one of those few where I don't like Seven, I get so sick of that Borg search for perfection crap.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

captainroe

Report this Feb. 05 2012, 11:57 am

Why would she have let Seven experiment with the molecule when it could've blown up the ship? Although it would have been interesting to see Seven disregard Janeway's orders. How far would she have gone before she realized it was too dangerous? How would it have affected her relationship with Janeway and the rest of the crew for that matter?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Feb. 05 2012, 1:33 pm

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Feb. 05 2012, 7:22 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Feb. 05 2012, 1:33 pm

>So... I wonder if Starfleet would have mastered the Omega molecule by the time of CAPT Braxton and the USS Relativity.

Maybe they did which is why they can effortlessly beam to points in history.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Users browsing this forum: miklamar