where do you buy trek books from?

Jim Kirk

Report this Oct. 11 2011, 4:37 pm

I like to buy trek books on line and I am wondering what sites are out there for a wide selection and out of print books.

Where do you buy your trek books from (on line)?

Kang - "Only a fool fights in a burning house"

trekkiefan3000

Report this Oct. 11 2011, 5:49 pm

I don't buy Trek books. I just borrow them from either my school or public library.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.... or the one.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Oct. 11 2011, 6:21 pm

I usually find them a lot cheaper at half-price books. $1 for paperback no more than $3 for hardcovers, way better than online prices and no shipping.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Caesar753

Report this Oct. 11 2011, 6:44 pm

Now that I have a Nook I get my trek books through Barnes & Noble.  I still use Amazon for non-paperback books, like the DS9 tech manual I just got.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Nov. 12 2011, 7:56 pm

I built my Star Trek library from the local used book store, "The Book Rack" They were even nice enough to keep a list of books that I was looking for and call me when one came in.

megan512

Report this Nov. 15 2011, 7:16 pm

I either get my books from the library or, since I have a kindle, just buy them off of there.

LtPondwater9

Report this Nov. 16 2011, 3:36 pm

Usually from half.com, ebay or amazon.

The ducks fly at Midnight.

wissa

Report this Nov. 17 2011, 8:41 am

usually the local used book store.  Though I have bought used books from ebay with good success.  I find it the best way to find a specific used book.

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

Hawklord

Report this Nov. 19 2011, 6:15 am

For new books I'll go to Barnes&Noble. For used I'll go to our local Half Priced Books or Hyde Brothers (local used bookstore).

For used and OOP online, check out The Advanced Book Exchnage www.abebooks.com

OtakuJo

Report this Nov. 19 2011, 8:33 pm

Having cleaned out virtually every second hand book shop in Dunedin of DS9 books at least, and with few of much interest at the official book shops (Like Whitcoulls and Paper Plus) I tend to get my books online from ziwi when there is something specific, or I will look around at local bookshops when I am travelling.

For example: I love Scorpio in Christchurch and there is another shop in Wellington with ceiling to floor Star Trek books. Also a couple of really good shops in Canberra and Melbourne that were chockers with second hand DS9 books. But mostly if there is something specific I go with ziwi.co.nz because they can find me various titles that are obscure and / or out of print.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Reedworftripparis

Report this Dec. 02 2011, 9:52 am

When I can't find something at a used book store, Barnes & Noble, or at local book sales to benefit our libraries, online I go to ebay or amazon.

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

TheDriver

Report this Dec. 07 2011, 7:19 am

When I was in junior high school in the mid 80s, reading just about every TOS novel I could get my hands on? The local Waldenbooks.

Now, however? Used book stores.

(I can't stand the "modern" Trek books; the last good Trek novels I read were published in 2000.)

"Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast."

Reanok

Report this Dec. 07 2011, 10:29 pm

I usually go to my local used bookstire to find the older Startrek books . They have  alarge variety of Startrek books especially the Tos Novels I've been looking for, If I can't find what I'm looking for Bookfinder.com is a good place to search for used books or Adavanced Book exchange or E-bay.I like the older books better than the newer Tng Typhon pact novels.

megan512

Report this Dec. 11 2011, 3:20 pm

Half Price Books is a good place to go for Star Trek books, especially older ones. I just got four books the other day.

Users browsing this forum: miklamar