Will the Director's Cuts for the films ever be available again? On blu ray perhaps?

Sora

Report this Oct. 06 2011, 2:10 pm

Anyone know? I recently bought the new release of the films and was really disappointed when I found out that they were the theatrical cuts. I love the Director's Cuts, and honestly I feel that they make better films, and I would love the get the director's cuts in blu ray, if anyone from paramount/cbs ever reads this stuff, please look into re-releasing the director's cuts!

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Oct. 06 2011, 8:05 pm

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Sora

Report this Oct. 07 2011, 6:39 pm

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Oct. 06 2011, 8:05 pm

>It is good to know that I don't need to rush out and rebuy them anytime soon then since I like my DVD collection. They probably will eventually rerelease those too you know how all the movie companies want us to buy 100 different versions of the same show.

ROTFL that is hilarious! And so true! I'm excited about TNG coming out in blu ray. In fact I'd been holding off buying TOS in blu ray just to see if they'd release anymore of it. But I'm the first to admit that I'm majorly OCD when it comes to Trek, and I have to be able to have to complete franchise on one format, and if I can't get the director's cuts of the films in blu ray, than I most likely won't buy the shows in blu ray. I know that's obviously very stupid, but it is what it is, I can't help it.

Live Long and Prosper

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Oct. 08 2011, 2:41 am

The only problem I have is when TOS first came out on DVD I was like woohoo finally, and who knew at that time they were gonna do the "Remastered" version, if I thought that was gonna happen I would have waited but with old TV shows you never know how they might sell (I know Star Trek is slightly different) even still I never thought they'd bother to mess with TNG either.

I guess I'll totally wait for Enterprise on Blu-ray since I don't have a season of it at all and maybe DS9 since I only have season 7 but the others I'll probably finish out on DVD. By the time I get them all they'll probably up to super duper awesome high def magenta-ray discs anyway.

Right now NETFLIX is a big help of quasi-saving me from having to spend money on seasons I don't have.

As to the unpredicability of DVD releases, even though its off topic, I'm STILL waiting for the rest of Night Court to be released.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

AtoZ2

Report this Oct. 08 2011, 5:49 am

endless repackaging is the current trend with all studio's so have no fear it's on the horizon.

"Thank Pitch Forks and Pointed Ears"

MonsterFish

Report this Oct. 08 2011, 1:55 pm

Sora

Report this Oct. 08 2011, 5:10 pm

Quote: MonsterFish @ Oct. 08 2011, 1:55 pm

>If memory serves the Director's Cuts were made with SD versions of the films. That means all the new CGI stuff is not HD and would need to be rerendered and re-edited into the film with all the other extra scenes. I doubt Paramount would use time and resources for that. But then again they already did that for TOS (and soon TNG) so you never know what they do next.

That sucks, the Directors cuts are better.

Live Long and Prosper