ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Non-Trek aliens you'd like to see in the Trekverse?

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Nov. 22 2011, 6:38 pm

I've had enough of time travel in trek.

RedVengeance

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 289

Report this Nov. 23 2011, 11:47 am

OK, since no one's going to reply to what I said earlier, I'll take the initiative and expand a little:
This ties in with a discussion I was having on another board. We, as a society have always accepted Superman because he looks perfectly human. Even though he's an alien, he looks human, and that's why he is the cultural icon he is. If he were a BEM (in 1930's sci-fi parlance), he never would have been accepted.


So, anyway, I've often thought it would be interesting to see a DC Universe / Star Trek crossover, although now that I think it through, I guess in Superman's case it would be kind of irrelevant, as he, if he were on a starship he's probably be well out of the proximity of a yellow star and thus his powers would be null and void. He'd be just plain ol' Clark Kent.


I drink, therefore I am.

RedVengeance

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 289

Report this Nov. 23 2011, 11:50 am

Other than that, I'd like to see the Aliens and Predators (even though I think they  already did that with 8472 and the Hirogen, respectively...)


I drink, therefore I am.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Nov. 23 2011, 1:44 pm

^ Exactly. Been done and it was pretty spot on.

Romulan-Fan

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 9

Report this Nov. 23 2011, 11:19 pm

The Ur-Quan from Star Control 2


The Autobots from Transformers


Yoda's race from Star Wars


The Aliens from Independence Day


The Prawns from District 9

Beershark

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2590

Report this Nov. 24 2011, 6:25 am

The Arborians and the Voltarians from Flash Gordon


CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

LieutenantCommanderData62
5

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1886

Report this Nov. 24 2011, 10:35 am

Gremlins! Wait were they even an alien? They weree soo cuteee and fluffy!


"I do not believe it is justified to sacrifice one life-form for another."-Data

cowgirlcadet

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 788

Report this Jan. 03 2012, 7:14 am

Wookiee


Twi'lek dancing girl


Yoda (Thinking he's a bad guy at first and then findig out he's a good guy would be cool. and him vs. Spock in a staring contest? Hmmm....)


Naa'vii


Kirk vs. Gurignak (Kirk would probably get his shirt ripped off. But that's okay. Right? Ladies?)

Vulcan1981

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 462

Report this Jan. 03 2012, 8:07 pm

I'd like to see the Ood from Dr. Who show up. They were brilliantly done. Though some characters/aliens can be goofy in Dr. Who (but hey. it's Dr. Who), they're always creative and excellently done.


The Ood were a real awesome concept.


"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers."- Seven of Nine

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1401

Report this Jan. 03 2012, 9:31 pm

Quote: Vulcan1981 @ Jan. 03 2012, 8:07 pm

>

>I'd like to see the Ood from Dr. Who show up. They were brilliantly done. Though some characters/aliens can be goofy in Dr. Who (but hey. it's Dr. Who), they're always creative and excellently done.

>The Ood were a real awesome concept.

>


Maybe they come across some weeping angels. Have to have Data not look away, not even blink! "The angels have the shuttlecraft"


Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Vulcan1981

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 462

Report this Jan. 05 2012, 1:08 am

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Jan. 03 2012, 9:31 pm

Quote: Vulcan1981 @ Jan. 03 2012, 8:07 pm

>

>

>I'd like to see the Ood from Dr. Who show up. They were brilliantly done. Though some characters/aliens can be goofy in Dr. Who (but hey. it's Dr. Who), they're always creative and excellently done.

>The Ood were a real awesome concept.

>

Maybe they come across some weeping angels. Have to have Data not look away, not even blink! "The angels have the shuttlecraft"


 


Lol! The Daeleks and Cybermen wouldn't have a chance against the Borg. Cassandra would be amusing. I wonder how each of the captain would react to her...though she really wasn't an alien... The Hath were also awesome from the Dr. Who universe that could work in Trek.


In comics, Killowog's people from Green Lantern would be awesome...provided he still wasn't the only surviving member of his species...


"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers."- Seven of Nine

Jason222

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 715

Report this Jan. 08 2012, 7:42 pm

Tyranids I love see how Star Terk major power deal these monsters.

CloudMinder2

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 482

Report this Jan. 11 2012, 5:43 am

I can't help thinking that if a Dalek appeared in TOS, Kirk would roll about laughing, Spock would raise an eyebrow and say "how illogical" and Scotty would say "who the hell put that barrel o' bolts together?!"


"There are always alternatives" Spock

Trau

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 322

Report this Jan. 28 2012, 8:53 am

The Fan production i always wanted to make would have been a Brutal video miniseries detailing the Klingons batting the Daleks (one of the untold stories from the TimeWar / Temporal Cold War) NO Human perspective : two totaly Alien races, unashamedly daring Warriors versus a Cosmic Cancer that lives in metal shells .

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1401

Report this Jan. 28 2012, 12:20 pm

Quote: Trau @ Jan. 28 2012, 8:53 am

>

>The Fan production i always wanted to make would have been a Brutal video miniseries detailing the Klingons batting the Daleks (one of the untold stories from the TimeWar / Temporal Cold War) NO Human perspective : two totaly Alien races, unashamedly daring Warriors versus a Cosmic Cancer that lives in metal shells .

>


I think the Daleks would win that fight.


Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum