Your own Star Trek family

konarciq

Report this Sep. 24 2011, 2:28 pm

If you could pick your own relatives from among the ST characters, what would your family be like?

Father?

Mother?

Brother?

Sister?

Partner? (as in husband, wife etc)

Son?

Daughter?

Best friend? (male or female - your choice)

And age is not necessarily a deciding factor. If you want to have Wesley for a brother and McCoy for a son - go ahead.

konarciq

Report this Sep. 24 2011, 2:37 pm

Okay, I'll start!

Father - McCoy - a bit irrational perhaps, but with his heart in the right place

Mother - Guinan - not too suffocating in her motherhood. And what wisdom!

Brother - Geordi - seems like a great mate, both in good and in bad times!

Sister - Janeway - from the little I know of her, she seems the kind I would have liked for a sister (never had one)

Partner - Data - see the "Would you marry Data" thread - he has lots of advantages over any human partner!

Son - this is getting more difficult. Kirk, I think. A son to be proud of.

Daughter - Tasha. If only to give her a better childhood than she had...

Best friend - Deanna - I'd love to have a friend who doesn't berate me for being too honest... Though I realize there might be drawbacks, too...

OtakuJo

Report this Sep. 24 2011, 4:33 pm

If you did have Data as father, mother, brother, sister, partner, son, daughter and best friend, that would be like inbreeding with a toaster.

Ummmm......... Gonna think about this one because I'm honestly not too sure.

Parents: Sergei and Elena Rozhenko. They just strike me as the best parents on Star Trek.

Brother: Garak. Ahahahahaha

Sister: Ezri.

Partner: (This one's difficult because I'm not a very romantic person myself...) hmmm..... I'll think about it.

Son: Spock. No idea why.

Daughter: Nerys.

Friend: Julian. Well, had to put him somewhere and I think he'd be a great person to have as a friend.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Sep. 24 2011, 5:18 pm

Hmm for the partner category can I claim to be a mormon?

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Sep. 24 2011, 5:36 pm

Father - Picard

Mother - Amanda Grayson

Brother - Data

Sister - Guinan

Partner - Seven

Son - Nog (yes I surprised myself with that answer)

Daughter - Janeway

Friend - Trip (he seems to be someone cool to hang with)

Honorable mention Extended Family - Riker, Hoshi, O'Brien, McCoy, Scotty, Tom, the Doctor, & Pike

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

heronymous

Friend - Ben Sisko . the friend in time of need

All Trekkers Welcome !

Ziriath

Report this Sep. 25 2011, 6:49 am

Father: Scotty. Umm, dunno how he came to my mind

Mother: Kira Nerys

Brother: Spock (He is always like someone's older brother)

Sister: Valeris

Partner: I'm not into relationships...

Son, daughter: I'm not into having children either

Best friends: Julian, Odo, Bones, Hugh...

THE WOMEN!!!

juliansgirl7

Report this Sep. 25 2011, 7:11 am

Father: Jean-Luc Picard(He already reminds me of my dad)

Mother: Nurse/Dr. Chapel-NOT Lwaxana-I already see what she puts Deanna through

Sister-Ezri

Brother-Data

Husband-JULIAN BASHIR!

Children-Molly and Kirayoshi

"Your quality will be known among your enemies before ever you meet them, my friend"-Alexander Siddig in Kingdom of Heaven

parisandtorres

Report this Sep. 25 2011, 9:56 am

Father - Kirk

Mother - Janeway

Sister - Seven

1 Brother - Geordi/Data

2 Brother - Paris

3 Brother - Spock

Best Friend - Deanna

clover_data

Report this Sep. 27 2011, 7:47 pm

Father- Picard i love his view on things so much wisdom

Guinan- More wisdom then Picard always be there to listen

Older Sister-Dr. Crusher always nice and understands science

Younger sister- Janeway i love her stubborness

Older brother- Worf has honor and will defend me

Younger brother- Spock i dont know why

husband- Data because I can not offend him and he would always be there (maybe can clean super quick, maybe?)

daughter- yar because she is fighter

son- geordi because he will fix everything

bf-kirk because he is confendent in what he is doing

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Picard

Code 47

Wife- Ezri Dax

Son- Tuvoc

Daughter- Kes

Friends: Odo, Sisko, Worf, O'Brien, Picard, and Admiral Ross

konarciq

Report this Nov. 17 2011, 11:11 am

Hey Clover Data, did you notice that we're practically family?

clover_data

Report this Nov. 17 2011, 6:25 pm

yeah we mostly used the same people!

Roboto

Report this Nov. 18 2011, 3:19 pm

Ooo, this is fun! How did I miss this before?

*WAVES* Hey, kornaciq!  *waves!*

So I have fewer choices because I am only acquainted with the first two Trek series... but I hardly feel limited to a negative degree...

Father: Jean-Luc Picard (Oh ye-ah!)

Mother: Beverly Crusher (Because, I mean, really... who ELSE could be the perfect wife for Jean-Luc? )

Brother #1: Spock (I would have married him once... but now my love is platonic... sorry, dear.)

Brother #2: Jim Kirk (I am not a big Kirk fan, but I think he would make one helluva brother. He would protect his wickle sister, Roboto, very well.)

Sister: Deanna Troi (Love this woman! Troi haters, just shut it!)

Partner: Data (Obviously.)

Son: Pavel Chekov (Because he's just so adorable!)

Daughter: Lal (She makes me think of Snow White... cutie...)

Best Friend: Will Riker (Because I really do like Will a lot.)

Broadstorm

Report this Nov. 20 2011, 4:20 pm

Quote: konarciq @ Sep. 24 2011, 2:28 pm

>No restrictions, other than that you can't have one and the same character in more than one relation. So you can't have Data for father, partner, brother, son and best friend!

Are you trying to prevent "you might be a redneck" jokes?