Star Trek: The Romulan War Book Series

Six of Nine

Report this Sep. 21 2011, 1:52 pm

Did you enjoy this book, soon to be 2 in October. I thought this was awsome extension to Enterprise. Did you like this series? Are you excited for the new book? Im excited for a what looks to be an action filled book.

As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

G`hoth

Report this Sep. 21 2011, 10:42 pm

I haven't read it! Is it good? I'm enjoying the series. Watching it! It's very very good easily one of the best! If the books are good it would be fun to continue with the Characters!

Six of Nine

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 1:21 pm

The first one is ok

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 5:59 pm

Six of Nine

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 6:32 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Sep. 22 2011, 5:59 pm

>I didn't enjoy Romulan War as much as TGTMD and Kobayashi Maru. It provided great continuance and had a good story but I didn't agree with Martin's development of Travis and Hoshi, how they lost confidence in Archer. I also didn't like how easily the NX ships were destroyed. I also found the book very boring, especially the parts with the reporter. He seemed more anxious to make a political point than write a good book. Of course, I don't think Martin is a good writer anyway. Though I do speak negatively about the book, I do recommend reading it because despite all the bad stuff it holds a good story and provides excellent continuance and background. I look forward to the next one but don't have high expectations.

I agree. Martin is a dry writer and the good that men do and Kobyashi Maru were great, probably because of Mangles. What happened to Mangels anyone know?

As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

Six of Nine

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 6:32 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Sep. 22 2011, 5:59 pm

As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

G`hoth

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 11:04 pm

Yeah right now I'm reading Captain's Glory by William Shatner which is pretty good so far!!

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 23 2011, 6:36 am

Mangels participates at trekbbs but I haven't seen him in awhile. So I don't know what he's up to or why he and Martin quit collaborating.

I'm assuming Pocket Books has little faith in ENT since they limited the war to 2 books and there are no future ENT books on the horizon. It's a shame, the series has a lot of potential in it. It just needs more authors.

G`hoth

Report this Sep. 23 2011, 4:15 pm

Are the Romulan wars books the only ENT books. Because I'm loving the series and I would love to read some books about them. Also what are some of the best books over all? Just curious. Since we are on the subject more or less. lol

Six of Nine

Report this Sep. 23 2011, 4:58 pm

Yes. Some of the best are by David Mack

Zero Sum Game

Destiny  series

Vanguard

Some not by Mack

Titan is ok

Resistance

A time to series

Star Trek Voyager Relaunch

Rise like lions which looks awsome

As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

G`hoth

Report this Sep. 23 2011, 9:51 pm

Hmm I'll have to look into them!! Sounds like fun!

G`hoth

Report this Sep. 23 2011, 9:53 pm

Oh I see that it is DS9. I have seen some of them. But should I watch them before I read the books?

Six of Nine

Report this Sep. 24 2011, 12:23 pm

Ya know, have you watched any of Ds9? If you have then its up to you. You need to know the charectars.

G`hoth

Report this Sep. 24 2011, 4:09 pm

I've seen some of them but not alot. I should probably watch the series.

Hawklord

Report this Sep. 25 2011, 12:22 pm

I loved the frsti book and am looking forward to the second book!

Users browsing this forum: heronymous