ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

What would you say the top 10 episodes AND top 10 Seasons of Star Trek are?

SLagonia

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 18170

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 5:25 pm

Because I can, here's my top-688 for review. I'd be happy to debate any of these or compare them to your list. Also included is my grading system for seasons, and a convinient top-100 at the bottom for easy reference of the best episodes;

TOS

PILOTS

14 - The Cage
16 - Where No Man Has Gone Before

SEASON ONE

81 - The Corbomite Maneuver
146 - Mudd's Women
87 - The Enemy Within
174 - The Man Trap
120 - The Naked Time
147 - Charlie X
1 - Balance Of Terror
194 - What Are Little Girls Made Of?
351 - Dagger Of The Mind
377 - Miri
65 - The Conscience Of The King
152 - The Galileo Seven
90 - Court Martial
4 - The Menagerie
151 - Shore Leave
122 - The Squire Of Gothos
61 - Arena
489 - The Alternative Factor
15 - Tomorrow Is Yesterday
245 - The Return Of The Archons
121 - A Taste Of Armageddon
19 - Space Seed
60 - This Side Of Paradise
71 - The Devil In The Dark
18 - Errand Of Mercy
2 - The City On The Edge Of Forever
124 - Operation: Annihilate!

SEASON TWO

352 - Catspaw
96 - Metamorphosis
266 - Friday's Child
123 - Who Mourns For Adonais?
62 - Amok Time
91 - The Doomsday Machine
397 - Wolf In The Fold
175 - The Changeling
339 - The Apple
63 - Mirror, Mirror
244 - The Deadly Years
267 - I, Mudd
26 - The Trouble With Tribbles
70 - Bread And Circuses
176 - Journey To Babel
39 - A Private Little War
421 - The Gamesters Of Triskelion
212 - Obsession
488 - The Immunity Syndrome
95 - A Piece Of The Action
31 - By Any Other Name
126 - Return To Tomorrow
125 - Patterns Of Force
177 - The Ultimate Computer
382 - The Omega Glory
126 - Assignment: Earth

SEASON THREE

119 - Spectre Of The Gun
195 - Elaan Of Troyius
181 - The Paradise Syndrome
73 - The Enterprise Incident
353 - And The Children Shall Lead
678 - Spock's Brain
180 - Is There In Truth No Beauty?
576 - The Empath
182 - The Tholian Web
420 - For The World Is Hollow And I Have Touched The Sky
127 - Day Of The Dove
243 - Plato's Stepchildren
268 - Wink Of An Eye
338 - That Which Survives
196 - Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
317 - Whom God's Destroy
396 - The Mark Of Gideon
269 - The Lights Of Zetar
304 - The Cloud Minders
677 - The Way To Eden
303 - Requiem For Methuselah
213 - The Savage Curtain
128 - All Our Yesterday's
381 - Turnabout Intruder

TNG

SEASON ONE

306 - Encounter At Farpoint
637 - The Naked Now
658 - Code Of Honor
656 - Haven
205 - Where No One Has Gone Before
178 - The Last Outpost
636 - Lonely Among Us
179 - Justice
305 - The Battle
270 - Hide And Q
635 - Too Short A Season
118 - The Big Goodbye
198 - Datalore
634 - Angel One
487 - 11001001
633 - Home Soil
271 - When The Bough Breaks
440 - Coming Of Age
197 - Heart Of Glory
28 - The Arsenal Of Freedom
657 - Skin Of Evil
638 - Symbiosis
441 - We'll Always Have Paris
100 - Conspiracy
206 - The Neutral Zone

SEASON TWO

395 - The Child
344 - Where Silence Has Lease
117 - Elementary, Dear Data
659 - The Outrageous Okona
129 - The Schizoid Man
490 - Loud As A Whisper
442 - Unnatural Selection
199 - A Matter Of Honor
21 - The Measure Of A Man
577 - The Dauphin
272 - Contagion
639 - The Royale
378 - Time Squared
257 - The Icarus Factor
491 - Pen Pals
54 - Q Who
492 - Samaritan Snare
379 - Up The Long Ladder
578 - Manhunt
258 - The Emissary
42 - Peak Performance
684 - Shades Of Gray

SEASON THREE

260 - The Ensigns Of Command
493 - Evolution
345 - The Survivors
24 - Who Watches The Watchers?
486 - The Bonding
259 - Booby Trap
218 - The Enemy
485 - The Price
484 - The Vengeance Factor
130 - The Defector
380 - The Hunted
46 - The High Ground
219 - Deja Q
443 - A Matter Of Perspective
40 - Yesterday's Enterprise
444 - The Offspring
242 - Sins Of The Father
307 - Allegiance
619 - Captain's Holiday
308 - Tin Man
494 - Hollow Pursuits
309 - The Most Toys
53 - Sarek
445 - Manage a Troi
483 - Transfigurations
9 - The Best Of Both Worlds

SEASON FOUR

310 - Suddenly Human
273 - Brothers
116 - Family
69 - Remember Me
318 - Legacy
241 - Reunion
357 - Future Imperfect
131 - Final Mission
482 - The Loss
319 - Data's Day
5 - The Wounded
446 - Devil's Due
356 - Clues
148 - First Contact
355 - Galaxy's Child
495 - Night Terrors
418 - Identity Crisis
354 - The Nth Degree
230 - Qpid
29 - The Drumhead
579 - Half A Life
532 - The Host
419 - The Mind's Eye
132 - In Theory
72 - Redemption

SEASON FIVE

115 - Darmok
214 - Ensign Ro
640 - Silicon Avatar
114 - Disaster
153 - The Game
77 - Unification
531 - A Matter Of Time
447 - New Ground
496 - Hero Worship
215 - Violations
497 - The Masterpiece Society
320 - Conundrum
247 - Power Play
481 - Ethics
358 - The Outcast
36 - Cause And Effect
246 - The First Duty
337 - Cost Of Living
275 - The Perfect Mate
530 - Imaginary Friend
74 - I, Borg
359 - The Next Phase
11 - The Inner Light
274 - Time's Arrow

SEASON SIX

498 - Realm Of Fear
641 - Man Of The People
25 - Relics
425 - Schisms
115 - True Q
321 - Rascals
448 - A Fistful Of Datas
574 - The Quality Of Life
322 - Chain Of Command
229 - Ship In A Bottle
529 - Aquiel
575 - Face Of The Enemy
12 - Tapestry
55 - Birthright
417 - Starship Mine
416 - Lessons
480 - The Chase
426 - Frame Of Mind
394 - Suspicions
449 - Rightful Heir
393 - Second Chances
57 - Timescape
541 - Descent

SEASON SEVEN

140 - Liaisons
336 - Interface
323 - Gambit
427 - Phantasms
479 - Dark Page
41 - Attached
434 - Force Of Nature
415 - Inheritance
149 - Parallels
113 - The Pegasus
414 - Homeward
450 - Sub Rosa
326 - Lower Decks
325 - Thine Own Self
642 - Masks
324 - Eye Of The Beholder
683 - Genesis
289 - Journey's End
392 - Firstborn
277 - Bloodlines
528 - Emergence
68 - Pre-emptive Strike
20 - All Good Things..


DS9

SEASON ONE

104 - Emissary
276 - A Man Alone
150 - Past Prologue
413 - Babel
288 - Captive Pursuit
290 - Q-Less
454 - Dax
346 - The Passenger
620 - Move Along Home
451 - The Nagus
391 - Vortex
139 - Battle Lines
598 - The Storyteller
254 - Progress
597 - If Wishes Were Horses
573 - The Forsaken
231 - Dramatis Personae
56 - Duet
94 - In The Hands Of The Prophets

SEASON TWO

452 - The Homecoming
596 - The Circle
253 - The Siege
390 - Invasive Procedures
572 - Cardassians
499 - Melora
595 - Rules Of Acquisition
92 - Necessary Evil
527 - Second Sight
291 - Sanctuary
474 - Rivals
593 - The Alternate
592 - Armageddon Game
23 - Whispers
410 - Paradise
292 - Shadowplay
453 - Playing God
594 - Profit And Loss
526 - Blood Oath
525 - The Maquis
473 - The Wire
524 - Crossover
455 - The Collaborator
571 - Tribunal
328 - The Jem'Hadar

SEASON THREE

112 - The Search
184 - The House Of Quark
255 - Equilibrium
347 - Second Skin
412 - The Abandoned
327 - Civil Defense
183 - Meridian
329 - Defiant
348 - Fascination
30 - Past Tense
411 - Life Support
360 - Heart Of Stone
362 - Destiny
456 - Prophet Motive
38 - Visionary
361 - Distant Voices
155 - Improbable Cause
156 - Through The Looking Glass
66 - The Die Is Cast
64 - Explorers
478 - Family Business
256 - Shakaar
435 - Facets
477 - The Adversary

SEASON FOUR

37 - The Way Of The Warrior
238 - Hippocratic Oath
3 - The Visitor
335 - Indiscretion
237 - Rejoined
145 - Little Green Men
50 - Starship Down
240 - The Sword Of Kahless
239 - Our Man Bashir
67 - Homefront
154 - Paradise Lost
349 - Crossfire
185 - Return To Grace
388 - Sons Of Mogh
389 - Bar Association
363 - Accession
85 - Rules Of Engagement
591 - Hard Time
350 - Shattered Mirror
457 - The Muse
49 - For The Cause
330 - To The Death
458 - The Quickening
463 - Body Parts
459 - Broken Link

SEASON FIVE

331 - Apocalypse Rising
461 - The Ship
462 - Looking For Par'Mach In All The Wrong Places
48 - Nor The Battle To The Strong
35 - Trials And Tribble-ations
342 - The Assignment
500 - Let He Who Without Sin
207 - Things Past
333 - The Ascent
460 - Rapture
332 - The Darkness And The Light
387 - The Begotten
208 - For The Uniform
98 - In Purgatory's Shadow
294 - By Inferno's Light
295 - Doctor Bashir, I Presume?
465 - A Simple Investigation
464 - Business As Usual
209 - Ties Of Blood And Water
386 - Ferengi Love Songs
84 - Soldiers Of The Empire
293 - Children Of Time
263 - Blaze Of Glory
343 - Empok Nor
264 - In The Cards
265 - A Call To Arms

SEASON SIX

105 - A Time To Stand
58 - Rocks And Shoals
250 - Sons And Daughters
249 - Behind The Lines
51 - Favor The Bold
8 - Sacrifice Of Angels
261 - You Are Cordially Invited
262 - Resurrection
501 - Statistical Probabilities
385 - The Magnificent Ferengi
45 - Waltz
296 - Who Mourns For Morn?
13 - Far Beyond The Stars
236 - One Little Ship
235 - Honor Amongst Thieves
202 - Change Of Heart
204 - Wrongs Darker Than Death Or Night
232 - Inquisition
7 - In The Pale Moonlight
297 - His Way
234 - The Reckoning
43 - Valiant
621 - Profit And Lace
590 - Time's Orphan
191 - The Sound Of Her Voice
203 - The Tears Of The Prophets

SEASON SEVEN

189 - Image In The Sand
190 - Shadows And Symbols
334 - Afterimage
502 - Take Me Out To The Holosuit
216 - Chrysalis
80 - Treachery, Faith And The Great River
89 - Once More Into The Breach
52 - The Siege of AR-558
76 - Covenant
169 - It's Only A Paper Moon
248 - Prodigal Daughter
384 - The Emporer's New Cloak
22 - Field Of Fire
193 - Chimera
75 - Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
233 - Badda-Bing Badda-Bang
217 - Penumbra
225 - 'Til Death Us Do Part
173 - Strange Bedfellows
78 - The Changing Face Of Evil
168 - When It Rains...
170 - Tacking The Wind
82 - Extreme Measures
93 - The Dogs Of War
34 - What You Leave Behind

VOY

SEASON ONE

186 - Caretaker
298 - Parallax
226 - Time And Again
172 - Phage
466 - The Cloud
171 - Eye Of The Needle
422 - Ex Post Facto
622 - Emanations
311 - Prime Factors
300 - State Of Flux
299 - Heroes And Demons
682 - Cathexis
160 - Faces
364 - Jetrel
467 - Learning Curve

SEASON TWO

227 - Projections
687 - Elogium
651 - Twisted
187 - The 37's
624 - Initiations
503 - Non Sequitur
647 - Parturition
520 - Persistence Of Vision
660 - Tattoo
570 - Cold Fire
504 - Maneuvers
383 - Resistance
470 - Prototype
158 - Death Wish
519 - Alliances
688 - Threshold
521 - Meld
523 - Dreadnought
366 - Lifesigns
647 - Investigations
623 - Deadlock
644 - Innocence
107 - The Thaw
106 - Tuvix
228 - Resolutions
159 - Basics

SEASON THREE

679 - Sacred Ground
365 - False Profits
188 - Flashback
663 - The Chute
505 - Remember
538 - The Swarm
471 - Future's End
518 - Warlord
431 - The Q And The Grey
476 - Macrocosm
648 - Alter Ego
475 - Fair Trade
506 - Blood Fever
542 - Coda
507 - Unity
625 - Rise
537 - Darkling
661 - Favorite Son
629 - Before And After
101 - Real Life
650 - Distant Origin
649 - Displaced
59 - Worse Case Scenario
301 - Scorpion

SEASON FOUR

472 - The Gift
27 - Nemesis
32 - Day Of Honor
627 - Revulsion
108 - The Raven
626 - Scientific Method
17 - Year Of Hell
569 - Random Thoughts
628 - Concerning Flight
662 - Mortal Coil
103 - Message In A Bottle
517 - Waking Moments
516 - Hunters
536 - Prey
568 - Retrospect
367 - The Killing Game
569 - Vis a Vis
157 - The Omega Directive
567 - Unforgettable
44 - Living Witness
535 - Demon
99 - One
630 - Hope And Fear

SEASON FIVE

313 - Night
312 - Drone
138 - Extreme Risk
220 - In The Flesh
86 - Once Upon A Time
432 - Nothing Human
6 - Timeless
136 - Thirty Days
79 - Infinite Regress
33 - Counterpoint
566 - Gravity
617 - Latent Image
161 - Bride Of Chaotica
646 - The Fight
221 - Bliss
137 - The Disease
368 - Dark Frontier
618 - Course: Oblivion
431 - Think Tank
314 - Juggernaut
10 - Someone To Watch Over Me
681 - 11:59
433 - Relativity
565 - Warhead
162 - Equinox

SEASON SIX

643 - Survival Instinct
110 - Barge Of The Dead
166 - Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy
399 - Dragon's Teeth
369 - Alice
398 - Riddles
370 - One Small Step
167 - The Voyager Conspiracy
109 - Pathfinder
201 - Fair Haven
613 - Blink Of An Eye
402 - Virtuoso
371 - Memorial
401 - Tsunkatse
515 - Collective
610 - Spirit Folk
611 - Ashes To Ashes
612 - Child's Play
315 - Good Shepherd
430 - Live Fast And Prosper
588 - Muse
589 - Fury
400 - Life Line
544 - The Haunting Of Deck Twelve
543 - Unimatrix Zero

SEASON SEVEN

429 - Imperfection
512 - Drive
547 - Repression
141 - Critical Care
546 - Inside Man
372 - Body and Soul
545 - Nightingale
513 - Flesh And Blood
111 - Shattered
438 - Lineage
562 - Repentance
165 - Prophecy
586 - The Void
585 - Workforce
439 - Human Error
373 - Q2
47 - Author, Author
549 - Friendship One
428 - Natural Law
584 - Homestead
587 - Renaissance Man
548 - Endgame

ENT

SEASON ONE

97 - Broken Bow
614 - Fight or Flight
514 - Strange New World
685 - Unexpected
609 - Terra Nova
408 - The Andorian Incident
316 - Breaking the Ice
561 - Civilization
560 - Fortunate Son
511 - Cold Front
615 - Silent Enemy
686 - Dear Doctor
616 - Sleeping Dogs
407 - Shadows of P'Jem
607 - Shuttlepod One
652 - Fusion
583 - Rogue Planet
608 - Acquisition
510 - Oasis
606 - Detained
653 - Vox Sola
340 - Fallen Hero
563 - Desert Crossing
654 - Two Days and Two Nights
374 - Shockwave

SEASON TWO

655 - Carbon Creek
302 - Minefield
603 - Dead Stop
680 - A Night in Sickbay
664 - Marauders
409 - The Seventh
666 - The Communicator
602 - Singularity
665 - Vanishing Point
675 - Precious Cargo
674 - The Catwalk
604 - Dawn
601 - Stigma
341 - Cease Fire
582 - Future Tense
673 - Canamar
667 - The Crossing
605 - Judgment
224 - Horizon
581 - The Breach
668 - Cogenitor
676 - Regeneration
135 - First Flight
672 - Bounty
251 - The Expanse

SEASON THREE

437 - The Xindi
436 - Anomaly
632 - Extinction
671 - Rajiin
534 - Impulse
405 - Exile
599 - The Shipment
144 - Twilight
88 - North Star
83 - Similitude
406 - Carpenter Street
669 - Chosen Realm
580 - Proving Ground
540 - Stratagem
631 - Harbinger
670 - Doctor's Orders
564 - Hatchery
533 - Azati Prime
539 - Damage
252 - The Forgotten
509 - E2
508 - The Council
164 - Countdown
469 - Zero Hour

SEASON FOUR

404 - Storm Front
376 - Home
200 - Borderland
423 - Cold Station 12
424 - The Augments
375 - The Forge
163 - Awakening
210 - Kir'Shara
468 - Daedalus
211 - Observer Effect
142 - Babel One
192 - United
223 - The Aenar
403 - Affliction
633 - Divergence
134 - Bound
102 - In a Mirror, Darkly
133 - Demons
143 - Terra Prime
600 - These Are the Voyages...

I've create a formula for ranking the various seasons. I think they show alot about how the various series worked.

First, let's rank them. From worst to best;

28. ENT Season 2
27. ENT Season 1
26. VOY Season 2
26. VOY Season 3
24. ENT Season 3
23. VOY Season 7
23. DS9 Season 2
21. TNG Season 6
21. VOY Season 6
19. VOY Season 4
18. TNG Season 1
17. TNG Season 2
16. VOY Season 1
15. TNG Season 7
15. DS9 Season 1
13. TNG Season 3
13. VOY Season 5
13. DS9 Season 5
10. ENT Season 4
10. TOS Season 3
8. TNG Season 4
8. TNG Season 5
6. DS9 Season 3
6. DS9 Season 4
4. DS9 Season 6
3. TOS Season 2
2. DS9 Season 7
1. TOS Season 1

Now, let's look at the different series (Higher the better);

TOS

S1. 48
S2. 41
S3. 30

TOS dropped off sharply after season two, for obvious reason. Most of the crappiest episodes were in that season. Overall, though, season one was the highest ranked of any season.

TNG

S1. 21
S2. 24
S3. 29
S4. 31
S5. 31
S6. 18
S7. 27

For five straight years, TNG showed steady improvement on a terrible begining. Then it dropped sharply, thanks mainly to alot of dull plots. Season seven was inconsistant, but overall, average.

DS9

S1. 27
S2. 16
S3. 33
S4. 33
S5. 29
S6. 38
S7. 43

DS9 started slow, and then dropped into a miserable season two. There was only one Top-50 episode in that entire season. After that, she hit her stride and took over the Trek world. I was surprised Season six wasn't higher, but two or three bad episodes really sunk it.

VOY

S1. 26
S2. 13
S3. 13
S4. 20
S5. 29
S6. 18
S7. 16

Season one was too short to really draw conclusions. It was only a half season. Other than that year, it's obvious VOY had some really terrible episodes, especially when you consider how many top-100 episodes were from there. This goes to prove my VOY theory; Some of the greatest episodes in Trek history surrounded by utter crap. Notice the spike in the very solid fifth season.

ENT

S1. 8
S2. 3
S3. 14
S4. 30

No surprise here. It started awful, got worse and by the time it picked up, no one was watching anymore.

And to make the first post easier on the eyes, My Top-100 list;

100. Conspiracy - TNG
99. One - VOY
98 .In Purgatory's Shadow - DS9
97. North Star - ENT
96. Metamorphosis - TOS
95. A Piece of the Action - TOS
94. In The Hands of the Profits - DS9
93. The Dogs of War - DS9
92. Duet - DS9
91. The Doomsday Machine - TOS
90. Court Martial - TOS
89. Once More Unto the Breach - DS9
88. Broken Bow - ENT
87. The Enemy Within - TOS
86. Once Upon a Time - VOY
85. Rules of Engagement - DS9
84. Soldiers of the Empire - DS9
83. Simultude - ENT
82. Extreme Measures - DS9
81. The Corbomite Maneuver - TOS
80. Treachery, Faith and the Great River - DS9
79. Infinite Regress - VOY
78. The Changing Face of Evil - DS9
77. Unification - TNG
76. Covenant - DS9
75. Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges - DS9
74. I, Borg - TNG
73. The Enterprise Incident - TOS
72. Redemption - TNG
71. The Devil in the Dark - TOS
70. Bread and Circuses - TOS
69. Remember Me - TNG
68. Premptive Strike - TNG
67. Homefront - DS9
66. The Die is Cast - DS9
65. The Conscience of the King - TOS
64. Explorers - DS9
63. Mirror, Mirror - TOS
62. Amok Time - TOS
61. Arena - TOS
60. This Side of Paradise - TOS
59. Worst case scenerio - VOY
58. Rocks and Shoals - DS9
57. Timescape - TNG
56. Necessary Evil - DS9
55. Birthright - TNG
54. Q Who? - TNG
53. Sarek - TNG
52. The Siege of AR-558 - DS9
51. Favor The Bold - DS9
50. Starship down - DS9
49. For the Cause - DS9
48. Nor the Battle to the Strong - DS9
47. Author, Author - VOY
46. The High Ground - TNG
45. Waltz - DS9
44. Living Witness - VOY
43. Valiant - DS9
42. Peak Performance - TNG
41. Attached - TNG
40. Yesterday's Enterprise - TNG
39. A Private Little War - TOS
38. Visionary - DS9
37. Way of the Warrior - DS9
36. Cause and Effect - TNG
35. Trials and Tribbilations - DS9
34. What You Leave Behind - DS9
33. Counterpoint - VOY
32. Day of Honor - VOY
31. By Any Other Name - TOS
30. Past Tense - DS9
29. The Drumhead - TNG
28. Arrsenal of Freedom - TNG
27. Nemesis - VOY
26. The Trouble With Tribbles - TOS
25. Relics - TNG
24. Who Watches the Watchers? - TNG
23. Whispers - DS9
22. Field of Fire - DS9
21. Measure of a Man - TNG
20. All Good Things - TNG
19. Space Seed - TOS
18. Errand of Mercy - TOS
17. Year of Hell - VOY
16. Where No Man Has Gone Before - TOS
15. Tommarow is Yesterday - TOS
14. The Cage - TOS
13. Far Beyond the Stars - DS9
12. Tapastry - TNG
11. The Inner Light - TNG

And now, the top ten!

10. Someone to Watch Over Me - VOY
9. Best of Both Worlds - TNG
8. Sacrifice of Angels - DS9
7. In the Pale Moonlight - DS9
6. Timeless - VOY
5. The Wounded - TNG
4. The Managerie - TOS
3. The Visitor - DS9
2. The City on the Edge of Forever - TOS
1. Balance of Terror - TOS


And now, just for fun, the bottom-10;


679. Sacred Ground - VOY


680. A Night in Sickbay - ENT


681. 11:59 - VOY


682. Cathexis - VOY


683. Genesis - TNG


684. Shades of Grey - TNG


685. Unexpected - ENT


686. Dear Doctor - ENT


687. Elogium - VOY


688. Threshold - VOY


Some notes on a few episodes;


Darmok - I happen to love this episode, but I also think it is the most overrated of TNG. Many would place it at number one, even. It may surprise some to see it outside the top-100 here (albeit barely). I have nothing against this episode, I just thought there were a lot of better ones.


Sacred Ground - I wrote a review on this one after being told constantly it is a pro-religion episode. It's not, it's anti-religion in every way possible. Just because it is insulting is not the only reason it's ranked as the tenth worst episode, though. It's a snoozer.


Blink of an Eye - I wrote a six-page essay on this one. I want to make it clear that my objections are not scientific, but plot and story oriented. If there is enough demand, I'll post my review, but until then, just know that I thought this was the biggest wasted opportunity in all of Trek history.


The Wounded - My favorite TNG episode. I loved everything about it; The acting, the story, the diologue, the way the moral is left hanging in the air at the end... I know I ranked it higher than many of you would, but I want to make it clear how much I like this episode.


Who Watches The Watchers - The most under-rated episode in Trek history. It often goes unappriciated because, frankly, there's very little action to help carry it. Many just go right ahead and turn it off because of that, and they're really missing something.


Once Upon A Time - A Neelix story I liked... My God, I can't believe it... I like a Neelix story? Yes, because in this episode, being an asshole isn't intrinsic to his character, it's cirumstantial. I not only accept his assholishness, I embrace it. I did a full review of this one too.


Balance of Terror - Something this epic just shouldn't be allowed to exist. Did a full review on this one too, and I'd be happy to post that if enough demand is seen.


Twilight/North Star/Simultude - The three-episode run that brought me back to Enterprise after I left because of Dear Doctor in season one. It would never again be this good, but even Enterprise haters should watch these three episodes.


Sub Rosa - I did not hate this episode. I thought it was boring and pretty stupid, but I didn't hate it. I'm really surprised to see it on a lot of people's 10-worst lists. I thought it was a pretty benign waste of time.


Critical Care - "Sal," you ask, "how can you like this episode?" Well, hypotetical question asker person, the butchered moral of this episode accidently showed exactly what was wrong with socialized medicine by trying to tell us what was wrong with our current system. They warped and butchered the American system in order to make it appear more evil, and in doing so accidently made a perfect model of a socialized medicine enviroment :) As it turns out it was pretty good.


Mortal Coil - The moral of this episode was; "Life is meaningless, now shut up and get back to work." I hate Brannon Braga.


Whispers - An overlooked gem in a sea of bad episodes. Make sure you catch this one if you've skipped that lousy second season.


Enterprise season 2 - The lowest point of the franchise. 'Nuff said.


"If it doesn't work, paint it." -Unofficial Motto of the Starfleet Border Patrol -------- "Speak for the unheard, secure the vulnerable, bring light to the dark, fight for those who cannot" -Real motto of The Starfleet Border Patrol

Six of Nine

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 622

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 6:24 pm

Top 10 TOS


1. The Galileo Seven


2.  Arena


3. Space Seed


4. Spocks Brain


5. Mirror Mirror


6. The Doomsday Machine


7. The City on the edge of forever


8. Balance of Terror


9. Trouble with the Tribbles


10. The Tholian Web


Top 10 TNG


1. The Best of Both Worlds


2. I'Borg


3. Times Arrow


4. Relics


5. All Good Things


6.  Eye of the Beholder


7.The Battle


8. The Inner Light


9. Yesterdays Enterprise


10. Datalore


Top 10 DS9 ( Dont really have a fav, 2,3, and 6 are tied


1.


2. What you leave Behind


3. Little Green Men


4. Who Mourns for Morn


5. Trials and Tribbleations


6. In the Pale Moon Light


7. The Ascent


8.  The Seige of AR-558


9. Take me out to the holosuite


10.  Valiant & The Sound of her voice


11. Inter Arma Ermin Silent Leges


12. The Visitor


13. Sacrifice the angles & favor the bold


Need to wach behind the lines! only episode I havent watched


Top 10 Voyager


1. The Killing Game


2. Timeless


3. Workforce


4. Caretaker


5. Critical Care


6. Collective


7. Year of Hell


8. Message in a Bottle


9. Basics


10.Mortal Coil


Top Ten ENT


1. Impulse


3. Storm Front


4. North Star


5. Shockwave


6. Shuttlepod 1


7. Carbon Creek


8. Carpentar Street


9. Twilight and E2


10. Catwalk








As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

Six of Nine

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 622

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 6:24 pm

Top 10 TOS


1. The Galileo Seven


2.  Arena


3. Space Seed


4. Spocks Brain


5. Mirror Mirror


6. The Doomsday Machine


7. The City on the edge of forever


8. Balance of Terror


9. Trouble with the Tribbles


10. The Tholian Web


Top 10 TNG


1. The Best of Both Worlds


2. I'Borg


3. Times Arrow


4. Relics


5. All Good Things


6.  Eye of the Beholder


7.The Battle


8. The Inner Light


9. Yesterdays Enterprise


10. Datalore


Top 10 DS9 ( Dont really have a fav, 2,3, and 6 are tied


1.


2. What you leave Behind


3. Little Green Men


4. Who Mourns for Morn


5. Trials and Tribbleations


6. In the Pale Moon Light


7. The Ascent


8.  The Seige of AR-558


9. Take me out to the holosuite


10.  Valiant & The Sound of her voice


11. Inter Arma Ermin Silent Leges


12. The Visitor


13. Sacrifice the angles & favor the bold


Need to wach behind the lines! only episode I havent watched


Top 10 Voyager


1. The Killing Game


2. Timeless


3. Workforce


4. Caretaker


5. Critical Care


6. Collective


7. Year of Hell


8. Message in a Bottle


9. Basics


10.Mortal Coil


Top Ten ENT


1. Impulse


3. Storm Front


4. North Star


5. Shockwave


6. Shuttlepod 1


7. Carbon Creek


8. Carpentar Street


9. Twilight and E2


10. Catwalk








As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

SLagonia

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 18170

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 6:43 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>Some day (month....year ) I might do them all Slag... I had a hard enough time with just the Top 10.

>


I'm probably going to go through it and do it again at some point.  I did these rankings a few years ago and really haven't updated them.  Might be time to see how I feel about them all again, since there might be some changes.


"If it doesn't work, paint it." -Unofficial Motto of the Starfleet Border Patrol -------- "Speak for the unheard, secure the vulnerable, bring light to the dark, fight for those who cannot" -Real motto of The Starfleet Border Patrol

SLagonia

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 18170

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 6:48 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>The one that catches my eye is Enterprise Season 2. I don't have it nearly as low as you. It includes my #1 episode.

>


Sorry, but the first two seasons of Enterprise just blow.  Three showed the potential the series had all along - It wasn't great, but at least the powers at be started to care.  Season four under Manny showed everything it could have been; Good plots, good stories and a genuine effort put forth.  It wasn't great, but at least it was a watchable show.


"If it doesn't work, paint it." -Unofficial Motto of the Starfleet Border Patrol -------- "Speak for the unheard, secure the vulnerable, bring light to the dark, fight for those who cannot" -Real motto of The Starfleet Border Patrol

Sora

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2606

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 7:28 pm

Quote: SLagonia @ Sep. 22 2011, 5:25 pm

>

>Because I can, here's my top-688 for review. I'd be happy to debate any of these or compare them to your list. Also included is my grading system for seasons, and a convinient top-100 at the bottom for easy reference of the best episodes;

TOS

PILOTS

14 - The Cage
16 - Where No Man Has Gone Before

SEASON ONE

81 - The Corbomite Maneuver
146 - Mudd's Women
87 - The Enemy Within
174 - The Man Trap
120 - The Naked Time
147 - Charlie X
1 - Balance Of Terror
194 - What Are Little Girls Made Of?
351 - Dagger Of The Mind
377 - Miri
65 - The Conscience Of The King
152 - The Galileo Seven
90 - Court Martial
4 - The Menagerie
151 - Shore Leave
122 - The Squire Of Gothos
61 - Arena
489 - The Alternative Factor
15 - Tomorrow Is Yesterday
245 - The Return Of The Archons
121 - A Taste Of Armageddon
19 - Space Seed
60 - This Side Of Paradise
71 - The Devil In The Dark
18 - Errand Of Mercy
2 - The City On The Edge Of Forever
124 - Operation: Annihilate!

SEASON TWO

352 - Catspaw
96 - Metamorphosis
266 - Friday's Child
123 - Who Mourns For Adonais?
62 - Amok Time
91 - The Doomsday Machine
397 - Wolf In The Fold
175 - The Changeling
339 - The Apple
63 - Mirror, Mirror
244 - The Deadly Years
267 - I, Mudd
26 - The Trouble With Tribbles
70 - Bread And Circuses
176 - Journey To Babel
39 - A Private Little War
421 - The Gamesters Of Triskelion
212 - Obsession
488 - The Immunity Syndrome
95 - A Piece Of The Action
31 - By Any Other Name
126 - Return To Tomorrow
125 - Patterns Of Force
177 - The Ultimate Computer
382 - The Omega Glory
126 - Assignment: Earth

SEASON THREE

119 - Spectre Of The Gun
195 - Elaan Of Troyius
181 - The Paradise Syndrome
73 - The Enterprise Incident
353 - And The Children Shall Lead
678 - Spock's Brain
180 - Is There In Truth No Beauty?
576 - The Empath
182 - The Tholian Web
420 - For The World Is Hollow And I Have Touched The Sky
127 - Day Of The Dove
243 - Plato's Stepchildren
268 - Wink Of An Eye
338 - That Which Survives
196 - Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
317 - Whom God's Destroy
396 - The Mark Of Gideon
269 - The Lights Of Zetar
304 - The Cloud Minders
677 - The Way To Eden
303 - Requiem For Methuselah
213 - The Savage Curtain
128 - All Our Yesterday's
381 - Turnabout Intruder

TNG

SEASON ONE

306 - Encounter At Farpoint
637 - The Naked Now
658 - Code Of Honor
656 - Haven
205 - Where No One Has Gone Before
178 - The Last Outpost
636 - Lonely Among Us
179 - Justice
305 - The Battle
270 - Hide And Q
635 - Too Short A Season
118 - The Big Goodbye
198 - Datalore
634 - Angel One
487 - 11001001
633 - Home Soil
271 - When The Bough Breaks
440 - Coming Of Age
197 - Heart Of Glory
28 - The Arsenal Of Freedom
657 - Skin Of Evil
638 - Symbiosis
441 - We'll Always Have Paris
100 - Conspiracy
206 - The Neutral Zone

SEASON TWO

395 - The Child
344 - Where Silence Has Lease
117 - Elementary, Dear Data
659 - The Outrageous Okona
129 - The Schizoid Man
490 - Loud As A Whisper
442 - Unnatural Selection
199 - A Matter Of Honor
21 - The Measure Of A Man
577 - The Dauphin
272 - Contagion
639 - The Royale
378 - Time Squared
257 - The Icarus Factor
491 - Pen Pals
54 - Q Who
492 - Samaritan Snare
379 - Up The Long Ladder
578 - Manhunt
258 - The Emissary
42 - Peak Performance
684 - Shades Of Gray

SEASON THREE

260 - The Ensigns Of Command
493 - Evolution
345 - The Survivors
24 - Who Watches The Watchers?
486 - The Bonding
259 - Booby Trap
218 - The Enemy
485 - The Price
484 - The Vengeance Factor
130 - The Defector
380 - The Hunted
46 - The High Ground
219 - Deja Q
443 - A Matter Of Perspective
40 - Yesterday's Enterprise
444 - The Offspring
242 - Sins Of The Father
307 - Allegiance
619 - Captain's Holiday
308 - Tin Man
494 - Hollow Pursuits
309 - The Most Toys
53 - Sarek
445 - Manage a Troi
483 - Transfigurations
9 - The Best Of Both Worlds

SEASON FOUR

310 - Suddenly Human
273 - Brothers
116 - Family
69 - Remember Me
318 - Legacy
241 - Reunion
357 - Future Imperfect
131 - Final Mission
482 - The Loss
319 - Data's Day
5 - The Wounded
446 - Devil's Due
356 - Clues
148 - First Contact
355 - Galaxy's Child
495 - Night Terrors
418 - Identity Crisis
354 - The Nth Degree
230 - Qpid
29 - The Drumhead
579 - Half A Life
532 - The Host
419 - The Mind's Eye
132 - In Theory
72 - Redemption

SEASON FIVE

115 - Darmok
214 - Ensign Ro
640 - Silicon Avatar
114 - Disaster
153 - The Game
77 - Unification
531 - A Matter Of Time
447 - New Ground
496 - Hero Worship
215 - Violations
497 - The Masterpiece Society
320 - Conundrum
247 - Power Play
481 - Ethics
358 - The Outcast
36 - Cause And Effect
246 - The First Duty
337 - Cost Of Living
275 - The Perfect Mate
530 - Imaginary Friend
74 - I, Borg
359 - The Next Phase
11 - The Inner Light
274 - Time's Arrow

SEASON SIX

498 - Realm Of Fear
641 - Man Of The People
25 - Relics
425 - Schisms
115 - True Q
321 - Rascals
448 - A Fistful Of Datas
574 - The Quality Of Life
322 - Chain Of Command
229 - Ship In A Bottle
529 - Aquiel
575 - Face Of The Enemy
12 - Tapestry
55 - Birthright
417 - Starship Mine
416 - Lessons
480 - The Chase
426 - Frame Of Mind
394 - Suspicions
449 - Rightful Heir
393 - Second Chances
57 - Timescape
541 - Descent

SEASON SEVEN

140 - Liaisons
336 - Interface
323 - Gambit
427 - Phantasms
479 - Dark Page
41 - Attached
434 - Force Of Nature
415 - Inheritance
149 - Parallels
113 - The Pegasus
414 - Homeward
450 - Sub Rosa
326 - Lower Decks
325 - Thine Own Self
642 - Masks
324 - Eye Of The Beholder
683 - Genesis
289 - Journey's End
392 - Firstborn
277 - Bloodlines
528 - Emergence
68 - Pre-emptive Strike
20 - All Good Things..


DS9

SEASON ONE

104 - Emissary
276 - A Man Alone
150 - Past Prologue
413 - Babel
288 - Captive Pursuit
290 - Q-Less
454 - Dax
346 - The Passenger
620 - Move Along Home
451 - The Nagus
391 - Vortex
139 - Battle Lines
598 - The Storyteller
254 - Progress
597 - If Wishes Were Horses
573 - The Forsaken
231 - Dramatis Personae
56 - Duet
94 - In The Hands Of The Prophets

SEASON TWO

452 - The Homecoming
596 - The Circle
253 - The Siege
390 - Invasive Procedures
572 - Cardassians
499 - Melora
595 - Rules Of Acquisition
92 - Necessary Evil
527 - Second Sight
291 - Sanctuary
474 - Rivals
593 - The Alternate
592 - Armageddon Game
23 - Whispers
410 - Paradise
292 - Shadowplay
453 - Playing God
594 - Profit And Loss
526 - Blood Oath
525 - The Maquis
473 - The Wire
524 - Crossover
455 - The Collaborator
571 - Tribunal
328 - The Jem'Hadar

SEASON THREE

112 - The Search
184 - The House Of Quark
255 - Equilibrium
347 - Second Skin
412 - The Abandoned
327 - Civil Defense
183 - Meridian
329 - Defiant
348 - Fascination
30 - Past Tense
411 - Life Support
360 - Heart Of Stone
362 - Destiny
456 - Prophet Motive
38 - Visionary
361 - Distant Voices
155 - Improbable Cause
156 - Through The Looking Glass
66 - The Die Is Cast
64 - Explorers
478 - Family Business
256 - Shakaar
435 - Facets
477 - The Adversary

SEASON FOUR

37 - The Way Of The Warrior
238 - Hippocratic Oath
3 - The Visitor
335 - Indiscretion
237 - Rejoined
145 - Little Green Men
50 - Starship Down
240 - The Sword Of Kahless
239 - Our Man Bashir
67 - Homefront
154 - Paradise Lost
349 - Crossfire
185 - Return To Grace
388 - Sons Of Mogh
389 - Bar Association
363 - Accession
85 - Rules Of Engagement
591 - Hard Time
350 - Shattered Mirror
457 - The Muse
49 - For The Cause
330 - To The Death
458 - The Quickening
463 - Body Parts
459 - Broken Link

SEASON FIVE

331 - Apocalypse Rising
461 - The Ship
462 - Looking For Par'Mach In All The Wrong Places
48 - Nor The Battle To The Strong
35 - Trials And Tribble-ations
342 - The Assignment
500 - Let He Who Without Sin
207 - Things Past
333 - The Ascent
460 - Rapture
332 - The Darkness And The Light
387 - The Begotten
208 - For The Uniform
98 - In Purgatory's Shadow
294 - By Inferno's Light
295 - Doctor Bashir, I Presume?
465 - A Simple Investigation
464 - Business As Usual
209 - Ties Of Blood And Water
386 - Ferengi Love Songs
84 - Soldiers Of The Empire
293 - Children Of Time
263 - Blaze Of Glory
343 - Empok Nor
264 - In The Cards
265 - A Call To Arms

SEASON SIX

105 - A Time To Stand
58 - Rocks And Shoals
250 - Sons And Daughters
249 - Behind The Lines
51 - Favor The Bold
8 - Sacrifice Of Angels
261 - You Are Cordially Invited
262 - Resurrection
501 - Statistical Probabilities
385 - The Magnificent Ferengi
45 - Waltz
296 - Who Mourns For Morn?
13 - Far Beyond The Stars
236 - One Little Ship
235 - Honor Amongst Thieves
202 - Change Of Heart
204 - Wrongs Darker Than Death Or Night
232 - Inquisition
7 - In The Pale Moonlight
297 - His Way
234 - The Reckoning
43 - Valiant
621 - Profit And Lace
590 - Time's Orphan
191 - The Sound Of Her Voice
203 - The Tears Of The Prophets

SEASON SEVEN

189 - Image In The Sand
190 - Shadows And Symbols
334 - Afterimage
502 - Take Me Out To The Holosuit
216 - Chrysalis
80 - Treachery, Faith And The Great River
89 - Once More Into The Breach
52 - The Siege of AR-558
76 - Covenant
169 - It's Only A Paper Moon
248 - Prodigal Daughter
384 - The Emporer's New Cloak
22 - Field Of Fire
193 - Chimera
75 - Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
233 - Badda-Bing Badda-Bang
217 - Penumbra
225 - 'Til Death Us Do Part
173 - Strange Bedfellows
78 - The Changing Face Of Evil
168 - When It Rains...
170 - Tacking The Wind
82 - Extreme Measures
93 - The Dogs Of War
34 - What You Leave Behind

VOY

SEASON ONE

186 - Caretaker
298 - Parallax
226 - Time And Again
172 - Phage
466 - The Cloud
171 - Eye Of The Needle
422 - Ex Post Facto
622 - Emanations
311 - Prime Factors
300 - State Of Flux
299 - Heroes And Demons
682 - Cathexis
160 - Faces
364 - Jetrel
467 - Learning Curve

SEASON TWO

227 - Projections
687 - Elogium
651 - Twisted
187 - The 37's
624 - Initiations
503 - Non Sequitur
647 - Parturition
520 - Persistence Of Vision
660 - Tattoo
570 - Cold Fire
504 - Maneuvers
383 - Resistance
470 - Prototype
158 - Death Wish
519 - Alliances
688 - Threshold
521 - Meld
523 - Dreadnought
366 - Lifesigns
647 - Investigations
623 - Deadlock
644 - Innocence
107 - The Thaw
106 - Tuvix
228 - Resolutions
159 - Basics

SEASON THREE

679 - Sacred Ground
365 - False Profits
188 - Flashback
663 - The Chute
505 - Remember
538 - The Swarm
471 - Future's End
518 - Warlord
431 - The Q And The Grey
476 - Macrocosm
648 - Alter Ego
475 - Fair Trade
506 - Blood Fever
542 - Coda
507 - Unity
625 - Rise
537 - Darkling
661 - Favorite Son
629 - Before And After
101 - Real Life
650 - Distant Origin
649 - Displaced
59 - Worse Case Scenario
301 - Scorpion

SEASON FOUR

472 - The Gift
27 - Nemesis
32 - Day Of Honor
627 - Revulsion
108 - The Raven
626 - Scientific Method
17 - Year Of Hell
569 - Random Thoughts
628 - Concerning Flight
662 - Mortal Coil
103 - Message In A Bottle
517 - Waking Moments
516 - Hunters
536 - Prey
568 - Retrospect
367 - The Killing Game
569 - Vis a Vis
157 - The Omega Directive
567 - Unforgettable
44 - Living Witness
535 - Demon
99 - One
630 - Hope And Fear

SEASON FIVE

313 - Night
312 - Drone
138 - Extreme Risk
220 - In The Flesh
86 - Once Upon A Time
432 - Nothing Human
6 - Timeless
136 - Thirty Days
79 - Infinite Regress
33 - Counterpoint
566 - Gravity
617 - Latent Image
161 - Bride Of Chaotica
646 - The Fight
221 - Bliss
137 - The Disease
368 - Dark Frontier
618 - Course: Oblivion
431 - Think Tank
314 - Juggernaut
10 - Someone To Watch Over Me
681 - 11:59
433 - Relativity
565 - Warhead
162 - Equinox

SEASON SIX

643 - Survival Instinct
110 - Barge Of The Dead
166 - Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy
399 - Dragon's Teeth
369 - Alice
398 - Riddles
370 - One Small Step
167 - The Voyager Conspiracy
109 - Pathfinder
201 - Fair Haven
613 - Blink Of An Eye
402 - Virtuoso
371 - Memorial
401 - Tsunkatse
515 - Collective
610 - Spirit Folk
611 - Ashes To Ashes
612 - Child's Play
315 - Good Shepherd
430 - Live Fast And Prosper
588 - Muse
589 - Fury
400 - Life Line
544 - The Haunting Of Deck Twelve
543 - Unimatrix Zero

SEASON SEVEN

429 - Imperfection
512 - Drive
547 - Repression
141 - Critical Care
546 - Inside Man
372 - Body and Soul
545 - Nightingale
513 - Flesh And Blood
111 - Shattered
438 - Lineage
562 - Repentance
165 - Prophecy
586 - The Void
585 - Workforce
439 - Human Error
373 - Q2
47 - Author, Author
549 - Friendship One
428 - Natural Law
584 - Homestead
587 - Renaissance Man
548 - Endgame

ENT

SEASON ONE

97 - Broken Bow
614 - Fight or Flight
514 - Strange New World
685 - Unexpected
609 - Terra Nova
408 - The Andorian Incident
316 - Breaking the Ice
561 - Civilization
560 - Fortunate Son
511 - Cold Front
615 - Silent Enemy
686 - Dear Doctor
616 - Sleeping Dogs
407 - Shadows of P'Jem
607 - Shuttlepod One
652 - Fusion
583 - Rogue Planet
608 - Acquisition
510 - Oasis
606 - Detained
653 - Vox Sola
340 - Fallen Hero
563 - Desert Crossing
654 - Two Days and Two Nights
374 - Shockwave

SEASON TWO

655 - Carbon Creek
302 - Minefield
603 - Dead Stop
680 - A Night in Sickbay
664 - Marauders
409 - The Seventh
666 - The Communicator
602 - Singularity
665 - Vanishing Point
675 - Precious Cargo
674 - The Catwalk
604 - Dawn
601 - Stigma
341 - Cease Fire
582 - Future Tense
673 - Canamar
667 - The Crossing
605 - Judgment
224 - Horizon
581 - The Breach
668 - Cogenitor
676 - Regeneration
135 - First Flight
672 - Bounty
251 - The Expanse

SEASON THREE

437 - The Xindi
436 - Anomaly
632 - Extinction
671 - Rajiin
534 - Impulse
405 - Exile
599 - The Shipment
144 - Twilight
88 - North Star
83 - Similitude
406 - Carpenter Street
669 - Chosen Realm
580 - Proving Ground
540 - Stratagem
631 - Harbinger
670 - Doctor's Orders
564 - Hatchery
533 - Azati Prime
539 - Damage
252 - The Forgotten
509 - E2
508 - The Council
164 - Countdown
469 - Zero Hour

SEASON FOUR

404 - Storm Front
376 - Home
200 - Borderland
423 - Cold Station 12
424 - The Augments
375 - The Forge
163 - Awakening
210 - Kir'Shara
468 - Daedalus
211 - Observer Effect
142 - Babel One
192 - United
223 - The Aenar
403 - Affliction
633 - Divergence
134 - Bound
102 - In a Mirror, Darkly
133 - Demons
143 - Terra Prime
600 - These Are the Voyages...

I've create a formula for ranking the various seasons. I think they show alot about how the various series worked.

First, let's rank them. From worst to best;

28. ENT Season 2
27. ENT Season 1
26. VOY Season 2
26. VOY Season 3
24. ENT Season 3
23. VOY Season 7
23. DS9 Season 2
21. TNG Season 6
21. VOY Season 6
19. VOY Season 4
18. TNG Season 1
17. TNG Season 2
16. VOY Season 1
15. TNG Season 7
15. DS9 Season 1
13. TNG Season 3
13. VOY Season 5
13. DS9 Season 5
10. ENT Season 4
10. TOS Season 3
8. TNG Season 4
8. TNG Season 5
6. DS9 Season 3
6. DS9 Season 4
4. DS9 Season 6
3. TOS Season 2
2. DS9 Season 7
1. TOS Season 1

Now, let's look at the different series (Higher the better);

TOS

S1. 48
S2. 41
S3. 30

TOS dropped off sharply after season two, for obvious reason. Most of the crappiest episodes were in that season. Overall, though, season one was the highest ranked of any season.

TNG

S1. 21
S2. 24
S3. 29
S4. 31
S5. 31
S6. 18
S7. 27

For five straight years, TNG showed steady improvement on a terrible begining. Then it dropped sharply, thanks mainly to alot of dull plots. Season seven was inconsistant, but overall, average.

DS9

S1. 27
S2. 16
S3. 33
S4. 33
S5. 29
S6. 38
S7. 43

DS9 started slow, and then dropped into a miserable season two. There was only one Top-50 episode in that entire season. After that, she hit her stride and took over the Trek world. I was surprised Season six wasn't higher, but two or three bad episodes really sunk it.

VOY

S1. 26
S2. 13
S3. 13
S4. 20
S5. 29
S6. 18
S7. 16

Season one was too short to really draw conclusions. It was only a half season. Other than that year, it's obvious VOY had some really terrible episodes, especially when you consider how many top-100 episodes were from there. This goes to prove my VOY theory; Some of the greatest episodes in Trek history surrounded by utter crap. Notice the spike in the very solid fifth season.

ENT

S1. 8
S2. 3
S3. 14
S4. 30

No surprise here. It started awful, got worse and by the time it picked up, no one was watching anymore.

And to make the first post easier on the eyes, My Top-100 list;

100. Conspiracy - TNG
99. One - VOY
98 .In Purgatory's Shadow - DS9
97. North Star - ENT
96. Metamorphosis - TOS
95. A Piece of the Action - TOS
94. In The Hands of the Profits - DS9
93. The Dogs of War - DS9
92. Duet - DS9
91. The Doomsday Machine - TOS
90. Court Martial - TOS
89. Once More Unto the Breach - DS9
88. Broken Bow - ENT
87. The Enemy Within - TOS
86. Once Upon a Time - VOY
85. Rules of Engagement - DS9
84. Soldiers of the Empire - DS9
83. Simultude - ENT
82. Extreme Measures - DS9
81. The Corbomite Maneuver - TOS
80. Treachery, Faith and the Great River - DS9
79. Infinite Regress - VOY
78. The Changing Face of Evil - DS9
77. Unification - TNG
76. Covenant - DS9
75. Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges - DS9
74. I, Borg - TNG
73. The Enterprise Incident - TOS
72. Redemption - TNG
71. The Devil in the Dark - TOS
70. Bread and Circuses - TOS
69. Remember Me - TNG
68. Premptive Strike - TNG
67. Homefront - DS9
66. The Die is Cast - DS9
65. The Conscience of the King - TOS
64. Explorers - DS9
63. Mirror, Mirror - TOS
62. Amok Time - TOS
61. Arena - TOS
60. This Side of Paradise - TOS
59. Worst case scenerio - VOY
58. Rocks and Shoals - DS9
57. Timescape - TNG
56. Necessary Evil - DS9
55. Birthright - TNG
54. Q Who? - TNG
53. Sarek - TNG
52. The Siege of AR-558 - DS9
51. Favor The Bold - DS9
50. Starship down - DS9
49. For the Cause - DS9
48. Nor the Battle to the Strong - DS9
47. Author, Author - VOY
46. The High Ground - TNG
45. Waltz - DS9
44. Living Witness - VOY
43. Valiant - DS9
42. Peak Performance - TNG
41. Attached - TNG
40. Yesterday's Enterprise - TNG
39. A Private Little War - TOS
38. Visionary - DS9
37. Way of the Warrior - DS9
36. Cause and Effect - TNG
35. Trials and Tribbilations - DS9
34. What You Leave Behind - DS9
33. Counterpoint - VOY
32. Day of Honor - VOY
31. By Any Other Name - TOS
30. Past Tense - DS9
29. The Drumhead - TNG
28. Arrsenal of Freedom - TNG
27. Nemesis - VOY
26. The Trouble With Tribbles - TOS
25. Relics - TNG
24. Who Watches the Watchers? - TNG
23. Whispers - DS9
22. Field of Fire - DS9
21. Measure of a Man - TNG
20. All Good Things - TNG
19. Space Seed - TOS
18. Errand of Mercy - TOS
17. Year of Hell - VOY
16. Where No Man Has Gone Before - TOS
15. Tommarow is Yesterday - TOS
14. The Cage - TOS
13. Far Beyond the Stars - DS9
12. Tapastry - TNG
11. The Inner Light - TNG

And now, the top ten!

10. Someone to Watch Over Me - VOY
9. Best of Both Worlds - TNG
8. Sacrifice of Angels - DS9
7. In the Pale Moonlight - DS9
6. Timeless - VOY
5. The Wounded - TNG
4. The Managerie - TOS
3. The Visitor - DS9
2. The City on the Edge of Forever - TOS
1. Balance of Terror - TOS

>And now, just for fun, the bottom-10;

>679. Sacred Ground - VOY

>680. A Night in Sickbay - ENT

>681. 11:59 - VOY

>682. Cathexis - VOY

>683. Genesis - TNG

>684. Shades of Grey - TNG

>685. Unexpected - ENT

>686. Dear Doctor - ENT

>687. Elogium - VOY

>688. Threshold - VOY

>Some notes on a few episodes;

>Darmok - I happen to love this episode, but I also think it is the most overrated of TNG. Many would place it at number one, even. It may surprise some to see it outside the top-100 here (albeit barely). I have nothing against this episode, I just thought there were a lot of better ones.

>Sacred Ground - I wrote a review on this one after being told constantly it is a pro-religion episode. It's not, it's anti-religion in every way possible. Just because it is insulting is not the only reason it's ranked as the tenth worst episode, though. It's a snoozer.

>Blink of an Eye - I wrote a six-page essay on this one. I want to make it clear that my objections are not scientific, but plot and story oriented. If there is enough demand, I'll post my review, but until then, just know that I thought this was the biggest wasted opportunity in all of Trek history.

>The Wounded - My favorite TNG episode. I loved everything about it; The acting, the story, the diologue, the way the moral is left hanging in the air at the end... I know I ranked it higher than many of you would, but I want to make it clear how much I like this episode.

>Who Watches The Watchers - The most under-rated episode in Trek history. It often goes unappriciated because, frankly, there's very little action to help carry it. Many just go right ahead and turn it off because of that, and they're really missing something.

>Once Upon A Time - A Neelix story I liked... My God, I can't believe it... I like a Neelix story? Yes, because in this episode, being an asshole isn't intrinsic to his character, it's cirumstantial. I not only accept his assholishness, I embrace it. I did a full review of this one too.

>Balance of Terror - Something this epic just shouldn't be allowed to exist. Did a full review on this one too, and I'd be happy to post that if enough demand is seen.

>Twilight/North Star/Simultude - The three-episode run that brought me back to Enterprise after I left because of Dear Doctor in season one. It would never again be this good, but even Enterprise haters should watch these three episodes.

>Sub Rosa - I did not hate this episode. I thought it was boring and pretty stupid, but I didn't hate it. I'm really surprised to see it on a lot of people's 10-worst lists. I thought it was a pretty benign waste of time.

>Critical Care - "Sal," you ask, "how can you like this episode?" Well, hypotetical question asker person, the butchered moral of this episode accidently showed exactly what was wrong with socialized medicine by trying to tell us what was wrong with our current system. They warped and butchered the American system in order to make it appear more evil, and in doing so accidently made a perfect model of a socialized medicine enviroment As it turns out it was pretty good.

>Mortal Coil - The moral of this episode was; "Life is meaningless, now shut up and get back to work." I hate Brannon Braga.

>Whispers - An overlooked gem in a sea of bad episodes. Make sure you catch this one if you've skipped that lousy second season.

>Enterprise season 2 - The lowest point of the franchise. 'Nuff said.

>


Wow i'm blown away by the amount of work and detail you put into this   thank you. I don't agree with you on every point personally, but that's what this is all about. Personally I love season 2 of enterprise but i'm an enterprise fan lol


Live Long and Prosper

Sora

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2606

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 8:30 pm

Quote: dario_ares @ Sep. 22 2011, 1:37 pm

>

>My...

>...Top 10 Episodes of DS9:

01. What you leave behind II (Season 7)
02. What you leave behind I (Season 7)
03. Emissary II (Season 1)
04. Emissary I (Season 1)
05. Empok Nor (Season 5)
06. The House of Quark (Season 3)
07. Time's Orphan (Season 6)
08. Let he who is without sin... (Season 5)
09. Crossover (Season 2)
10. Homefront (Season 4)

...Top 10 Episodes of VOY:

01. Scorpion II (Season 4)
02. Scorpion I (Season 3)
03. Cold Fire (Season 2)
04. Tsunkatse (Season 6)
05. Timeless (Season 5)
06. Imperfection (Season 7)
07. The 37's (Season 2 - btw... R.I.P. David Graf)
08. Drone (Season 5)
09. The Void (Season 7)
10. Persistance of Vision (Season 2)

...Top 10 Episodes of TNG:

01. Descent II (Season 7)
02. Descent I (Season 6)
03. The Battle (Season 1)
04. The Royale (Season 2)
05. Identity Crisis (Season 4)
06. Genesis (Season 7)
07. Data Lore (Season 1)
08. Brothers (Season 4)
09. I, Borg (Season 5)
10. The Offspring (Season 3)

>


What would your top 10 seasons be overall?


Live Long and Prosper

Sora

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2606

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 8:33 pm

Quote: rocketscientist @ Sep. 22 2011, 11:58 am

Quote: Sora @ Sep. 22 2011, 11:03 am

>

>

>Definitely feel free to list any series or season that you enjoy. All views and opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

>I must say though, Season 3 of TOS is really good. The first time I watched Season 3 I kind of expected it to suck because I'd heard Season 3 was really bad, but I really loved it. I liked it better than Season 2 overall. The only episode out of Season 3 I just seriously didn't care much for was "And The Children Shall Lead" I think I watched the clock that whole episode waiting for it to over lol But all the other episodes from that season are good. I like Spock's Brain. I think it's hilarious.

>

I agree, Season 3 is great.  It's TOS, so it has to be. 

I think it's unfair how some fans view it.  It was the Fred Feinberger (I hope I got that name right) season of the show, and people blame him for not keeping up the standard that GR and Gene Coon set for the show.  It's not all his fault.  DC Fontana was gone, so you lost a very talented writer and script editor, so there were more weak scripts in this season.  Also, the budget was reduced by NBC.  That said, within those constraints, most of the episodes are great.

I agree with you wrt And the Children Shall Lead.  My criteria for episodes is whether I find them entertaining.  I found this one to be kind of weak in that regard.  I was a bit bored too.  I also didn't care for The Lights of Zetar and season 1's The Alternative Factor.  I'm lukewarm on Season 2's The Apple as well. 

I guess I am one of the few TOSers that loves Spock's Brain, so I agree with you there.  It's so far-out, it's hilarious, with a remote-control Spock and a bunch of dumb bimbos living in luxery with big guys as their slaves thanks to electronic dog collars (around their guts, but still).  I love that episode for the sheer scale of its plot and the sheer ineptitude of how it turned out.  It's one of those cases, I think, where it looked good on paper.

But you are right about TNG and DS9, and even VOY and ENT. Because TOS is the shortest series, the other series have more of an advantage. But the purpose of this isn't for one series to defeat another, it's just simply discovering what you personally enjoyed the most.

Oh, I'm aware of that. 

The modern ST shows had significant advantags over TOS in terms of production.  They had (adjusting for inflation) more production money to work with and better sfx due to better technology.  They could depict more and better space battles, anomalies, scientific experiments, diseases, etc., than TOS could.  I really think that gave them the capability of telling bigger and more varied stories than TOS could.  This is something Nimoy has discussed before.  He said that TOS's limitations on budget and sfx in comparison to the modern shows directly influenced its storytelling.  TOS was driven more by the inter-character drama, had more brawls and stunts, was just a more physical and less cerebral show because it had to be because of its budget and more primitive sfx.  It's extremely different due to the time it was made compared to its spin-offs and that really makes it unique.  It's probably its greatest strength.   

 Your top 10 episodes can be all TOS if you want. If those are the 10 episodes from the whole franchise you enjoy the most than who's to say that's wrong?

I don't think I'd make them all TOS.  I'd try to be as objective as possible.  For example, I'd put TNG's "The Best of Both Worlds" on that list because it just blew me away.  I remember seeing TFF in a theater that same year and comparing it to TBBW.  TBBW just blew TFF away and it was on TV and not a feature film.  It made TFF look that much worse.

I'd put "All Good Things" on that list too.  Great finale for TNG.  Also some DS9 episodes.  The hard thing there is figuring out which ones were the best.

 


Take your time, I'm excited to see what you'll come up with. I'm honestly more excited to see your input than anyone else's.


Live Long and Prosper

Sora

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2606

Report this Sep. 23 2011, 3:14 pm

It's funny though, we all these top episodes, but only a couple have done the top seasons

OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Sep. 23 2011, 8:05 pm

For my part it's because I don't have a top season. Didn't answer that part because there is no answer for me.


If I said say, S5 or 6 of DS9... They have truly great episodes in them, but they also have some pretty BAAAD ones. No whole season of ST sticks out as the best in my mind.


Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Sora

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2606

Report this Sep. 29 2011, 7:30 pm

Quote: OtakuJo @ Sep. 23 2011, 8:05 pm

>

>For my part it's because I don't have a top season. Didn't answer that part because there is no answer for me.

>If I said say, S5 or 6 of DS9... They have truly great episodes in them, but they also have some pretty BAAAD ones. No whole season of ST sticks out as the best in my mind.

>


Really? Whenever I think of what the best seasons could be, I immediately have Season 7 of DS9 pop into my mind and Season 5 of Voyager right off. I don't know what it is but I love those two seasons in particular.


Live Long and Prosper

OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Sep. 29 2011, 11:40 pm

I also really like much of the seventh season of DS9, but then I do like a lot of the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, & seventh as well.


Final season Enterprise was really good in many places (although the last episode messed that up a bit) and did stand out from the rest of Enterprise although a lot of that was also good.


But as far as would I rather watch that or DS9... My heart is still with DS9.


Voyager I haven't seen for a while and only on telly, so which bit goes with which season is not entirely catalogued in my brain anyhow.


So I think I do have favourite episodes much more than favourite seasons.


Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

KelisThePoet

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 636

Report this Sep. 30 2011, 2:25 pm

My first thoughts:


Episodes:


1.  Muse (Voyager)


2.  Lineage (Voyager)


3.  Errand of Mercy (Star Trek)


4.  A Taste of Armageddon (Star Trek)


5.  Prophecy (Voyager)


6.  Who Mourns for Adonais? (Star Trek)


7.  Year of Hell (Voyager)


8.  Darmok (The Next Generation)


9.  Who Watches the Watchers? (The Next Generation)


10.  Galileo 7 (Star Trek)


Seasons:


Star Trek Season 1


Star Trek Season 2


Star Trek Season 3


Voyager Season 6


Voyager Season 7


Voyager Season 5


Voyager Season 4


Voyager Season 1


Voyager Season 3


Voyager Season 2


When ranking the episodes, as individual efforts, not all of my favorites come from my two favorite series (original and Voyager), and indeed I might include more Next Generation episodes in my top ten and rank them higher if I gave this project some more time and research--because I'm simply less familiar with Next Generation episodes off the top of my head, but I do recall thoroughly loving many of them.  On series, however, I end up thinking about the show concept and characters more than individual episodes, so it's impossible not to rank all the seasons from my two favorite series above all the other ones (I am one of those people, by the way, who will always argue that the original Star Trek and Voyager had fundamental similarities).  I rank all the original series' seasons above all the Voyager ones, because I felt that the original series was more consistent in its delivery of quality.  I have more personal favorite Voyager episodes than original series episodes (as others have noted, Voyager had the advantage of a longer run and more episodes total), but in my opinion, the original series almost never delivers a total dud.


Falor was a prosperous merchant who went on a journey to gain greater awareness: Through storms he crossed the Voroth Sea/ To reach the clouded shores of Raal/ Where old T’Para offered truth./ He traveled through the windswept hills/ And crossed the barren Fire Plains/ To find the silent monks of Kir./ Still unfulfilled, he journeyed home/ Told stories of the lessons learned/ And gained true wisdom by the giving. – Falor’s Journey, “Innocence”

PeepsMcJuggs

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 409

Report this Sep. 30 2011, 2:55 pm

I'm still having a hard time deciding on this one.  I need to rewatch DS9 before I make a final call.  I will say my absolute favorite season, though: Season 6 of TNG (except "Man of the People"...terrible, terrible episode).


http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/70631_o.gif


I Borg'd yo mama last night. She found it very assimilating.

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum