ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

More Government Spending...

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46296

Report this Aug. 07 2012, 8:35 am

Quote: draeden06 @ Aug. 07 2012, 2:07 am

>

>Amtrak is a privately owned business?

>The US government owns all the preferred stock.

>It received 1.5 billion dollars from the government to cover costs last year.

>The Board of Directors is picked by the POTUS and confirmed by the Senate.

>This must be some weird definition of "private" I am not familiar with.

>
Correct.... it has received BILLIONS and BILLIONS over the decades and is managed by the government.  The government even brags about how much it subsidizes tickets and how AMTRAK doesn't make a profit. If it was a private business, the lack of profit would have put it out of business years ago...


It's about as private as any other Government Sponsored Enterprise (like Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac.)


FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46296

Report this Aug. 09 2012, 11:40 am


 


Yea yea.... I know the Marxists here say that the problem with this chart is that there's not enough people on welfare.... but for those of us that actually understand the problem....


 


Oh... and before you go and make a huge assumption:


The federal government administers nearly 80 different overlapping federal means-tested welfare programs. Social Security and Medicare are not part of this category and not included in the figures in this chart,” a statement released on Wednesday by Sen. Sessions’ office reads.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46296

Report this Aug. 13 2012, 7:25 pm

Ooops....


The Treasury Department says in a new report the government expects to lose more than $25 billion on the $85 billion auto bailout. That's 15 percent higher than its previous forecast.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120813/AUTO01/208130392#ixzz23U2GM1uV


K0rN99

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 206

Report this Aug. 14 2012, 3:41 pm

who cares atleast we are not thirdworld


omg john belushi I can't believe I juss said that.


FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46296

Report this Aug. 14 2012, 4:24 pm

Quote: K0rN99 @ Aug. 14 2012, 3:41 pm

>

>who cares atleast we are not thirdworld

>
This overspending will make us third world...


patrickh42

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1

Report this Aug. 14 2012, 7:17 pm

I'm curious BamBam, how come you and the other conservatives were completely silent during rampant government spending that took place during the Bush administration? Is it because when a Democrat President does it it's wrong but when a Republican like Dubya does it it's perfectly fine?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46296

Report this Aug. 15 2012, 8:38 am

Quote: patrickh42 @ Aug. 14 2012, 7:17 pm

>

>I'm curious BamBam, how come you and the other conservatives were completely silent during rampant government spending that took place during the Bush administration? Is it because when a Democrat President does it it's wrong but when a Republican like Dubya does it it's perfectly fine?

>
You might want to look at the facts... some of us have been screaming about the government spending for decades.  And remember the Tea Party spawned because of Bush (43) - it only became a force after Obama started his announcing his policies to do the mortgage bailout and Rick Santelli did his rant in Feb 2009.


If you have been reading my posts here the last 10 years, you'd know that I support neither party as they both work together to grow government.  (Sidenote:  They also don't let other parties/candidates participate in the Prez/VP debates.)  Why do you think Medicare Part D was done under Bush (41)?  And TARP and the Patriot Act under Bush (43)?  Or we could even discuss Reagan's massive spending and granting amnesty to illegal aliens....


Now do some people (both parties) think that what thier party does is okay but complain when the other party does the exact same thing?  Sadly... just take a look at how Obama considers Bush's deficit spending "unpatriotic" but then does it himself on an even bigger scale.... or how the Democrats complain about the abuses in the Patriot Act but then when they're in power, they choose to keep and expand them.


In another group that I participate in, I pointed to Paul Ryan's voting record.... he voted for Medicare Part D, TARP, Porkulus, the creation of DHS as well as the National Defense Authorization Act.... and I could go on and on....  and the group (supposedly "conservatives") went absolutely ballistic that I would dare point to Ryan's actual voting record.


The standard is the US Constitution, not which ProRegressive party someone belongs too.


Fleet Admiral Braxton

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 288

Report this Aug. 15 2012, 4:53 pm

Folks, The Only Way To Cut The Deficit Is Shit Simple:


1) Cut The Salaries Of Those Clusterfucks In Congress For At Least Four Months.


2) Cut ALL Foreign Aid By At Least 75% Before Cutting Defense Or Entitlements.


3) Bring REAL Reform To The USPS,IRS, Health Dept. , Tresury Dept. And STICK WITH IT!


 STOP Paying LIPSERVICE TO POLITICS! POLITICS IS WHAT'S KILLING PROGRESS!!!   

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46296

Report this Aug. 15 2012, 4:57 pm

Quote: Fleet Admiral Braxton @ Aug. 15 2012, 4:53 pm

>2) Cut ALL Foreign Aid By At Least 75% Before Cutting Defense Or Entitlements.
Definitely agree that we need to cut foreign aid, but you do realize that entitlement spending is over half the federal budget and growing faster than anything else?


FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46296

Report this Aug. 15 2012, 5:02 pm

Quote: Fleet Admiral Braxton @ Aug. 15 2012, 4:53 pm

>1) Cut The Salaries Of Those Clusterfucks In Congress For At Least Four Months.
One idea that I heard was to raise their salary to $10M / year... that way it would be harder to buy votes.  While I don't agree with it, it is an interesting idea...


padracin

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 325

Report this Aug. 16 2012, 5:09 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Oct. 05 2011, 10:12 pm

>

>Just read tonight:

>As end of the day on 3 October, Obama has increased the debt more in 32.5 months than all presidents from George Washington through George H.W. Bush COMBINED!!!  This means that the total debt for the first 204 years of our nation (under the US Constitution) is less than Obama's first 32.5 months... 

>(According to the Treasury, total national debt was $4.1672 trillion at the end of Bush 41's presidency and under Obama, the debt has increased $4.212 trillion so far.)

>

Fleet Admiral Braxton

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 288

Report this Aug. 16 2012, 5:11 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Aug. 15 2012, 4:57 pm

Quote: Fleet Admiral Braxton @ Aug. 15 2012, 4:53 pm

>

>2) Cut ALL Foreign Aid By At Least 75% Before Cutting Defense Or Entitlements.
Definitely agree that we need to cut foreign aid, but you do realize that entitlement spending is over half the federal budget and growing faster than anything else?

My Point Is, We Need To Take Care Of Our OWN People Before We Begin To Help People Overseas. It May Sound Selfish, But, If We Keep Ignoring The Needs Of Americans,That Exposes Us To A HUGE Can Of Worms. Not Hard To Figure Out.

Fleet Admiral Braxton

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 288

Report this Aug. 16 2012, 5:18 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Aug. 15 2012, 5:02 pm

Quote: Fleet Admiral Braxton @ Aug. 15 2012, 4:53 pm

>

>1) Cut The Salaries Of Those Clusterfucks In Congress For At Least Four Months.
One idea that I heard was to raise their salary to $10M / year... that way it would be harder to buy votes.  While I don't agree with it, it is an interesting idea...

Well,Since Congress Has FAILED On Multiple Occasions To Resolve Problems That We Are STILL Hearing About, Just WHY In The Hell Is Anybody Even Considering Giving A Do-Nothing Congress A Raise? I Guarantee You, Even Spock Would Get Pissed Over This!

Invader_Wishfire

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 27518

Report this Aug. 16 2012, 6:44 pm

Quote: Fleet Admiral Braxton @ Aug. 15 2012, 4:53 pm

>

>2) Cut ALL Foreign Aid By At Least 75% Before Cutting Defense Or Entitlements.

>


How will that help anything? Foreign aid amounts to barely over 1% of the federal budget, whereas as we spend more on defense than we actually need to.


 photo spok_zps253ab564.gif

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46296

Report this Aug. 17 2012, 8:13 am

Quote: Fleet Admiral Braxton @ Aug. 16 2012, 5:11 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Aug. 15 2012, 4:57 pm

Quote: Fleet Admiral Braxton @ Aug. 15 2012, 4:53 pm

>

>

>2) Cut ALL Foreign Aid By At Least 75% Before Cutting Defense Or Entitlements.
Definitely agree that we need to cut foreign aid, but you do realize that entitlement spending is over half the federal budget and growing faster than anything else?

My Point Is, We Need To Take Care Of Our OWN People Before We Begin To Help People Overseas. It May Sound Selfish, But, If We Keep Ignoring The Needs Of Americans,That Exposes Us To A HUGE Can Of Worms. Not Hard To Figure Out.

And how do you think we should take care of our own?  These lifelong entitlements are enslaving the citizens to the government elite and running up massive debt, which only makes things a lot worse.


The best way for us to help our own is to unleash the people to be free.  Americans are the most generous people in the world, and the more free we are, the more we can... and do... help others.  (And the money doesn't need to be routed through a wasteful and controlling politician.)


Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum