ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Can anyone tell me WHY/HOW I was demoted!?!

Jason222

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 715

Report this Oct. 02 2011, 7:42 pm

Quote: SLagonia @ Oct. 01 2011, 5:44 pm

>

>No one has a right to complain more than I do about the ranks.  I'm ST.com's Harry Kim.

>


In pratice  you have post more then I have I wounder why I am hirer rank then you.

SLagonia

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 18170

Report this Oct. 03 2011, 2:34 pm

Quote: Jason222 @ Oct. 02 2011, 7:42 pm

Quote: SLagonia @ Oct. 01 2011, 5:44 pm

>

>

>No one has a right to complain more than I do about the ranks.  I'm ST.com's Harry Kim.

>

In pratice  you have post more then I have I wounder why I am hirer rank then you.


I'm pretty sure I've posted more than any other ensign on the board.  At one point I was in the top ten of all-time posts, not sure if I'm still there.  In the real life service, I'd have been promoted just for longevity at this point.  Usually you just keep moving up until you are about to hit the command ranks, and then it's all about fighting for that promotion.


"If it doesn't work, paint it." -Unofficial Motto of the Starfleet Border Patrol -------- "Speak for the unheard, secure the vulnerable, bring light to the dark, fight for those who cannot" -Real motto of The Starfleet Border Patrol

LtPondwater9

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 11620

Report this Oct. 03 2011, 3:34 pm

Quote: SLagonia @ Oct. 03 2011, 2:34 pm

Quote: Jason222 @ Oct. 02 2011, 7:42 pm

Quote: SLagonia @ Oct. 01 2011, 5:44 pm

>

>

>

>No one has a right to complain more than I do about the ranks.  I'm ST.com's Harry Kim.

>

In pratice  you have post more then I have I wounder why I am hirer rank then you.

I'm pretty sure I've posted more than any other ensign on the board.  At one point I was in the top ten of all-time posts, not sure if I'm still there.  In the real life service, I'd have been promoted just for longevity at this point.  Usually you just keep moving up until you are about to hit the command ranks, and then it's all about fighting for that promotion.


Pfft, I've been here twice as long as you have and I am not complaining.


The ducks fly at Midnight.

SLagonia

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 18170

Report this Oct. 03 2011, 4:07 pm

Quote: LtPondwater9 @ Oct. 03 2011, 3:34 pm

Quote: SLagonia @ Oct. 03 2011, 2:34 pm

Quote: Jason222 @ Oct. 02 2011, 7:42 pm

Quote: SLagonia @ Oct. 01 2011, 5:44 pm

>

>

>

>

>No one has a right to complain more than I do about the ranks.  I'm ST.com's Harry Kim.

>

In pratice  you have post more then I have I wounder why I am hirer rank then you.

I'm pretty sure I've posted more than any other ensign on the board.  At one point I was in the top ten of all-time posts, not sure if I'm still there.  In the real life service, I'd have been promoted just for longevity at this point.  Usually you just keep moving up until you are about to hit the command ranks, and then it's all about fighting for that promotion.

Pfft, I've been here twice as long as you have and I am not complaining.


Twice as long and yet 7,00 posts behind me, eh?  Just waiting for me to take the lead, I suppose


"If it doesn't work, paint it." -Unofficial Motto of the Starfleet Border Patrol -------- "Speak for the unheard, secure the vulnerable, bring light to the dark, fight for those who cannot" -Real motto of The Starfleet Border Patrol

Roboto

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3883

Report this Oct. 03 2011, 6:51 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>

>

>

>No one has a right to complain more than I do about the ranks.  I'm ST.com's Harry Kim.

>

In pratice  you have post more then I have I wounder why I am hirer rank then you.

I'm pretty sure I've posted more than any other ensign on the board.  At one point I was in the top ten of all-time posts, not sure if I'm still there.  In the real life service, I'd have been promoted just for longevity at this point.  Usually you just keep moving up until you are about to hit the command ranks, and then it's all about fighting for that promotion.

I was a 25,000 post ENS until I posted some pics...


 It is a goofy system, period.


LtPondwater9

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 11620

Report this Oct. 04 2011, 3:08 pm

Quote: SLagonia @ Oct. 03 2011, 4:07 pm

Quote: LtPondwater9 @ Oct. 03 2011, 3:34 pm

Quote: SLagonia @ Oct. 03 2011, 2:34 pm

Quote: Jason222 @ Oct. 02 2011, 7:42 pm

Quote: SLagonia @ Oct. 01 2011, 5:44 pm

>

>

>

>

>

>No one has a right to complain more than I do about the ranks.  I'm ST.com's Harry Kim.

>

In pratice  you have post more then I have I wounder why I am hirer rank then you.

I'm pretty sure I've posted more than any other ensign on the board.  At one point I was in the top ten of all-time posts, not sure if I'm still there.  In the real life service, I'd have been promoted just for longevity at this point.  Usually you just keep moving up until you are about to hit the command ranks, and then it's all about fighting for that promotion.

Pfft, I've been here twice as long as you have and I am not complaining.

Twice as long and yet 7,00 posts behind me, eh?  Just waiting for me to take the lead, I suppose


 


You might be 7,000 +/- posts but we're still in the same boat.


The ducks fly at Midnight.

HisRoyalHighnessTheKing

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 34248

Report this Oct. 04 2011, 10:35 pm

Does anyone else think it was weird on Star Trek when you saw a really old Starfleet officer stuck at a really low rank?


Like a 55 year old guy with grey hair still at the rank of Lt JG?


If you haven't thought about such things, don't worry. HRH always thinks outside the box.


May God Save The King

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46342

Report this Oct. 04 2011, 10:41 pm

Quote: HisRoyalHighnessTheKing @ Oct. 04 2011, 10:35 pm

>

>Does anyone else think it was weird on Star Trek when you saw a really old Starfleet officer stuck at a really low rank?

>Like a 55 year old guy with grey hair still at the rank of Lt JG?

>If you haven't thought about such things, don't worry. HRH always thinks outside the box.

>
You mean like Picard in "Tapestry"? 


One thing I'm thinking is that in Star Fleet, they don't force people into retirement if they can still do the job.  And if a person likes their job and doesn't care about rank, why do the "up or out" rule like the US military does?


SLagonia

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 18170

Report this Oct. 05 2011, 2:01 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Oct. 04 2011, 10:41 pm

Quote: HisRoyalHighnessTheKing @ Oct. 04 2011, 10:35 pm

>

>

>Does anyone else think it was weird on Star Trek when you saw a really old Starfleet officer stuck at a really low rank?

>Like a 55 year old guy with grey hair still at the rank of Lt JG?

>If you haven't thought about such things, don't worry. HRH always thinks outside the box.

>
You mean like Picard in "Tapestry"? 

One thing I'm thinking is that in Star Fleet, they don't force people into retirement if they can still do the job.  And if a person likes their job and doesn't care about rank, why do the "up or out" rule like the US military does?


According to TAS, they do...  Non-canon, but still...


"If it doesn't work, paint it." -Unofficial Motto of the Starfleet Border Patrol -------- "Speak for the unheard, secure the vulnerable, bring light to the dark, fight for those who cannot" -Real motto of The Starfleet Border Patrol

OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Oct. 05 2011, 5:39 pm

Wouldn't Starfleet have some people who care about their rank and some who don't -- just like in the real world? After all in a lot of cases it doesn't impede them in their ability to do their job.


Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46342

Report this Oct. 05 2011, 9:28 pm

Quote: OtakuJo @ Oct. 05 2011, 5:39 pm

>

>Wouldn't Starfleet have some people who care about their rank and some who don't -- just like in the real world? After all in a lot of cases it doesn't impede them in their ability to do their job.

>
Correct - like doctors.  I remember Crusher talking about it once to Troi.


lnagr1

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1404

Report this Oct. 06 2011, 2:21 am

Wow, a demotion! Thats something new to add to the specs book!


Maybe Starfleet was so impressed with your work as a first officer that they put you back down to commander?!


Anyway, it doesn't matter your still a captain as far as I'm concerned!


Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Oct. 06 2011, 2:28 pm

Thanks.

The only thing I can think of that I did was continually report Somerled's multiple accounts and offensive posts. You'd think that kind of thing would make me an admiral. It got me noted on his butt boards!

SLagonia

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 18170

Report this Oct. 06 2011, 3:37 pm

Quote: OtakuJo @ Oct. 05 2011, 5:39 pm

>

>Wouldn't Starfleet have some people who care about their rank and some who don't -- just like in the real world? After all in a lot of cases it doesn't impede them in their ability to do their job.

>


There's a lot of things that don't make sense about Starfleet ranks; Why did some enlisted men go to the academy?  Why were Maquis members given full commissions on Voyager?  Why were there no enlisted personel at all on Voyager for that matter (don't say we didn't see them, it was made clear that Kim was the lowest-ranked member quite often...  Again putting that whole 'give maquis members full commission' thing into perspective)?


"If it doesn't work, paint it." -Unofficial Motto of the Starfleet Border Patrol -------- "Speak for the unheard, secure the vulnerable, bring light to the dark, fight for those who cannot" -Real motto of The Starfleet Border Patrol

Jason222

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 715

Report this Oct. 07 2011, 2:01 pm

I did suggestion the idea of demoting some ranks for break rule instead ban them as form punishment one post I put down Star Terk.com. Maybe CBS thought good idea.

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum