What Trek item watches over your desk?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Sep. 19 2011, 2:28 pm

It occurs to me that probably a good portion of you guys and gals, like me, have some sort of Star Trek figure/ship/etc on your desk near your computer. So I thought lets share what we like to display.

Currently my desk just has the Kirk/Gorn minimate figures by my monitor, the Q playmates figure in Starfleet uniform, and Captain Spock from Star Trek II. When I had the older crt monitors I used to have either the Enterprise A or Deep Space Nine on top of them but I can't do that with my flat screens anymore; although I think I'm going to clear a spot to put the Enterprise back in here.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

grhyno

Report this Sep. 19 2011, 3:14 pm

I have a little cartoon Spock from the Burger King promotion that came out from the 09 Star Trek.  Gift from my nephew.

Caesar753

Report this Sep. 19 2011, 6:45 pm

I've got all my Trek toys on my desk.  Action figures: DST Picard w/captain's chair, Kira, TWOK Kirk, DS9 Worf, Nemesis Data, TNG Crusher.  Ships: Playmates 2009 Enterprise, Hotwheels Enterprise A, Reliant, Enterprise D, NX-01, Narada and Klingon BOP.  Misc.: 2009 tricorder, TWOK phaser, tribble and a signed picture of Avery Brooks.

OtakuJo

Report this Sep. 19 2011, 7:53 pm

I used to have a couple of action figures on my desk, but that was before my flat got flooded by a leaky pipeline and I had to throw my old desk out. Now they sit beside my stereo. (If I put them back on my desk I would be far too tempted to play with them all the time!)

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 19 2011, 9:45 pm

What DON'T I have?  Among my engineering books are my trek reference novels.  My DST figures are above my desk along with my pewter ships and Hamilton Collection ship porcelan cards.  Then I have models of several Starfleet ships around.

Oh, yeah, my bottle of Deep Space Wine, too.

Gabriella-Kirk

Report this Sep. 20 2011, 7:02 am

My captain kirk mug  Its out in full view and gets used everyday for my daily dose of coffee hehe

OtakuJo

Report this Sep. 21 2011, 6:43 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Sep. 19 2011, 9:45 pm

>What DON'T I have?

You don't have my toys.

'cos they're my toys.

You can play with them if you want.

But they're still mine.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Dralek

Report this Sep. 21 2011, 9:54 am

There is a Defiant model sitting on my desk at work, next to my Chewbacca coffee mug.

PeepsMcJuggs

Report this Sep. 21 2011, 1:11 pm

A 3" pewter Enterprise D I got at a convention in '91.  My EntD deck blueprints are on my library shelf somewhere.

I Borg'd yo mama last night. She found it very assimilating.

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 6:22 pm

Quote: OtakuJo @ Sep. 21 2011, 6:43 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Sep. 19 2011, 9:45 pm

>What DON'T I have?

You don't have my toys.

'cos they're my toys.

You can play with them if you want.

But they're still mine.

Are you inviting me to a play date? Cause I'm down with that.

OtakuJo

Report this Sep. 22 2011, 8:01 pm

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

PeepsMcJuggs

Report this Sep. 23 2011, 2:36 am

Ooh, there's also my Star Trek PEZ Dispensers (still in their boxes) and a bunch of Trek novels (including my copy of Imzadi signed by the Troi family).  Were my office fully unpacked, I'd have my old TNG uniform hanging in the closet (got it when I was 12...it's a little tight now) and my EntD dedication plaque on the wall behind me.

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 23 2011, 7:14 am

Quote: OtakuJo @ Sep. 22 2011, 8:01 pm

Perhaps we need a role play thread for our action figures. It can be like Toy Story. I can bring my Calhoun and 8472.

OtakuJo

Report this Sep. 23 2011, 7:21 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Sep. 23 2011, 7:14 am

Quote: OtakuJo @ Sep. 22 2011, 8:01 pm

>hehe. Actually. That'd be cool -- but the plane fare is probably too prohibitive.

I'll bring my Trials & Tribbles Julian figure, and he can also have a "noble steed" too.

(You'll see what I mean.)

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Sep. 30 2011, 2:46 am

Everynow and then I'll display one of my Hamilton plates.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam