Star Trek Fleet Captains

Caesar753

Report this Sep. 15 2011, 6:05 pm

I know it just came out, but I'm curious if anyone has played Fleet Captains yet.  Looks pretty cool to me.

Vulcan1981

Report this Dec. 20 2011, 6:59 pm

I got it as an early Christmas/bday gift.  I haven't played it yet, but I am looking forward to it! I love the minature ships! Here's a great tutorial and review complete with pics that I found helpful:

"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers."- Seven of Nine

Broadstorm

Report this Dec. 23 2011, 5:20 pm

Vulcan1981

Report this Dec. 24 2011, 1:44 am

Quote: Broadstorm @ Dec. 23 2011, 5:20 pm

>I like hexmap games, and I would give this a try to see if it is any good, but I won't spend that much on a system that only gives me one side that I would be willing to play.

It's Federation or Klingon at the moment, but some fans have already made fan-made expansions. The game does scream for expansions. It's pretty new, so give it some time.

Broadstorm

Report this Dec. 24 2011, 3:41 pm

Quote: Vulcan1981 @ Dec. 24 2011, 1:44 am

Quote: Broadstorm @ Dec. 23 2011, 5:20 pm

Maybe, but the type of games I've played were also more of a freeform game in which the hexes were simply spaces.  This game seems to be a lot like regular boardgames in which the "spaces" are mission specific rather than just positions in which to maneuver.