Favorite Federation Starship Classes

Exok

Report this Sep. 09 2011, 6:48 pm

I know this topic has been done before, but I'm doing it again anyway.

Here is a list of starship classes:
Akira-class
Ambassador-class
Antares-type
Apollo-class
Bonaventure-type
Bradbury-class
Centaur-type
Challenger-class
Cheyenne-class
Constellation-class
Constitution-class (also Constitution refit)
Curry-type
Springfield-class
Steamrunner-class
Sydney-class
Wells-class
Yeager-type
Yellowstone-class

and there are more, I think.

Note: All of the ships listed above have been seen in at least one Star Trek episode.
For example, the Freedom class, Challenger class, Niagara class, Cheyenne class, Spingfield class, and New Orleans class were all shown in the wreckage of the battle of Wolf 359. The Sydney class was the type of starship that the USS Jenolan was of. (TNG: Relics) I don't think the Daedalus class was ever shown as an actual starship, but it was displayed as a model that was on display in Picard's ready room on the Enterprise-D. The Steamrunner class, the Saber class, and the Norway class were three of the many classes of ships introduced in the battle of sector 001.

Please choose a favorite or multiple favorites it you would like to.

Seen in the Battle of Sector 001, the blurred image of a ship looks suspiciously like the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars.

Exok

Report this Sep. 10 2011, 9:37 pm

No replies?

SLUGS!!!

tribblenator999

Report this Sep. 10 2011, 11:24 pm

constitution class starship.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Sep. 11 2011, 10:31 am

My favorite is the Wells class.  I'd like to see it used more.

USS_Falstria

Report this Sep. 11 2011, 2:07 pm

I have 2 favorites: the Akira class and Sovereign class

vulcan7

Report this Sep. 11 2011, 7:26 pm

Two of my favourite classes would be the constitution class and the constellation class.

Captain Sam

Report this Sep. 12 2011, 10:43 pm

IMy 2 favorites are the Constitution class and Sovereign class

OtakuJo

Report this Sep. 13 2011, 12:39 am

For the look of them (and 'cos I kind of enjoy seeing them on screen) Danube class.

For kickbuttedness (even though the Valiant crew was pretty meh) Defiant class.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Exok

Report this Sep. 18 2011, 1:51 pm

My favorites are the Nova class and the Galaxy class.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Sep. 18 2011, 10:57 pm

I like the refit Constitution Class, the Intrepid Class, and the Nebula Class.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Blinkn

Report this Sep. 20 2011, 11:59 am

Intrepid, I really like Voyager's design and how capable it seemed considering its size.

The Galaxy class just seemed like a lot of hype, just big and TNG never really let us see her show her teeth.

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Sep. 20 2011, 12:27 pm

I always liked the Olympic/Daedalus class' design for some reason.
I like the spherical primary hull design. Very different from all other Starfleet ships. Additionally, I like that the Olympic class was specifically a hospital ship, rather than just an exploration one.

SLagonia

Report this Sep. 20 2011, 1:40 pm

I think I'll need to go with the original Connie.  She was a beautiful design, way ahead of her time.

"If it doesn't work, paint it." -Unofficial Motto of the Starfleet Border Patrol -------- "Speak for the unheard, secure the vulnerable, bring light to the dark, fight for those who cannot" -Real motto of The Starfleet Border Patrol

___Lucifer___

Report this Sep. 20 2011, 1:54 pm

Classic Connie, Connie Refit, and Galaxy Class are my top ships. Other favorites include the USS Grissom and the Excelsior from STIII:TSFS.

For non-captial ships, Delta Flyer all the way. I like to imagine that after VOY's return home Starfleet began building these because every ship should have a Delta Flyer. Runabouts suck.

Finally for Alien ships, I like the Klingon D-7 from TMP, the TNG era Romulan Warbird and the Andorian ships from ENT. Oh, and the Borg Cube is the perfect design for a species like them, it was both symbolic and fear-inspiring.

PeepsMcJuggs

Report this Sep. 21 2011, 1:29 pm

Galaxy, Defiant, Excelsior, Abrams' Constitution and Prometheus.