Why is the Stealing the Enterprise Scene music so Powerful?

Jahangir99

Report this Sep. 09 2011, 3:56 pm

Have you seen it? with the surround sound at home it sets my spine off tingling? I mean they're only backing out of a garage, but Horner makes it one of the best scenes in trek (including the bit where kirk outsmarts khan)

Has anyone else noticed this, Especially when they're about to hit the space doors and when they get out, the music is so graceful and beautiful. Why has horner not scored any more movies? Imagine The undiscovered country/first contact scored by him?

___Lucifer___

Report this Sep. 09 2011, 4:09 pm

NCC-1701 Canada

Report this Sep. 09 2011, 6:50 pm

I agree where your going with this. That movie was one by far had the best one-on-one music when Kirk and Khan were chasing eachother. Actually I own some of the tracks, and I love to listen to it when I'm working.

Horner did do a great job with the music, but I think it was the french horns in the whole thing that brought it all together

NCC-1701 Canada

Report this Sep. 10 2011, 11:15 am

Yeah most battle music is one to remember… but there are those classic little sounds that come from spock and mccoy fighting, kirk falling on love, and from the tense moments. Those things are hard to forget

Jahangir99

Report this Sep. 10 2011, 1:29 pm

oh yeah the bit where spock goes not in front of the klingons in star trek five, made me cry. the music was so moving.

But I would choose stealing the enterprise as my favourite, its so exciting and bombastic and when they leave its so quiet and nice, love james horner!

VORTEX8472

Report this Sep. 10 2011, 4:08 pm

Goldsmith (RIP) and Horner are among my favorite movie composers.

NCC-1701 Canada

Report this Sep. 10 2011, 4:11 pm

Quote: VORTEX8472 @ Sep. 10 2011, 4:08 pm

>I'm not a music major, but as someone with a deep appreciation and respect for music; I've found James Horner's score in that particular scene with 1701 backing out of the Space Garage AMAZING, Definitly gives me Goosebumps!

>If I'm not mistaken, there is an old interview with James Horner, I think on TWOK DVD, he talks about how he sat in on Jerry Goldsmith's Scoring sessions for TMP and he learned a lot on how to compose for Sci-Fi from him.  James Horner's percussive action style is reminiscent of Goldsmiths’; he has a way of energizing a scene in a matter of seconds.

>Goldsmith (RIP) and Horner are among my favorite movie composers.

Agreed in that they are some of the best composers

" He's not really dead as long as we remember him" - Bones

scottjimenez

Report this Sep. 11 2011, 2:42 pm

all the star trek music was scored to and only for star trek. i love it all. never has a society embraced more from the heavens since the mayans

scottjimenez

Report this Sep. 11 2011, 2:42 pm

megan512

Report this Sep. 11 2011, 7:53 pm

I love the music from Star Trek. All of it. Goldsmith and Horner both did an amazing job, and I thought Micheal Giacchino's music for the new movie was great as well. The music in that scene is just so awesome and amazing. It's definitely one of the best pieces from all the movies. I also love the theme from First Contact. I think it's just beautiful.

Actually, it's the music from Star Trek that is making me think about possibly majoring in music.

Captain Sam

Report this Sep. 12 2011, 9:38 am

It was defenitly and exciting moment

Im close the top in StarTrek.com's Artful Explorations Most popular gallery. Go check it out and hit the little like button for me on StarTrek.com so the Enterprise can soar to the top ;) http://startrek.com/gallery_slide/artful-explorations?image_id=2713

Six of Nine

Report this Sep. 15 2011, 5:00 pm

Yes it was a very good scence

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Sep. 17 2011, 10:01 am

McCoy: Are we just going to "walk" through them?
Kirk: Calm yourself Doctor.
Kirk: Now Mr Scott.
Scotty: Sir?
Kirk: The doors Mr. Scott!
Scotty: Aye, sir, I'm working on it!

It was a great scene and of course the music helped. They were doing something so illegal, they were doing it for a friend, and they were doing it together, what's not to love?

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?