Happy Anniversary, Star Trek!

Gkerr2

Report this Sep. 08 2011, 1:56 pm

*passes around glasses of Saurian Brandy*

A toast to all of us!

juliansgirl7

Report this Sep. 08 2011, 2:30 pm

I was 8 1/2 months old when Star Trek first aired

"Your quality will be known among your enemies before ever you meet them, my friend"-Alexander Siddig in Kingdom of Heaven

Caesar753

Report this Sep. 08 2011, 2:56 pm

Happy Anniversary Star Trek!

LtPondwater9

Report this Sep. 08 2011, 3:11 pm

Quote: juliansgirl7 @ Sep. 08 2011, 2:30 pm

>I was 8 1/2 months old when Star Trek first aired

I wasn't even a thought.

Wow, it wasn't too long ago that they were talking about the 40th Anniversary somewhere.

The ducks fly at Midnight.

wgmilleriii

Report this Sep. 08 2011, 5:05 pm

I was 7 when Star Trek first aired.  I remember begging to stay up to watch it.  And then in the early 70's, I joined S.T.A.R.  I've been a loyal fan ever since.  Happy Anniversary to all the wonderful and talented people that have put so much of them selves into all of the Star Trek series over the years, but especially to Mr Roddenberry and the Pioneers that got the ball rolling.

OtakuJo

Report this Sep. 09 2011, 12:19 am

Quote: LtPondwater9 @ Sep. 08 2011, 3:11 pm

Quote: juliansgirl7 @ Sep. 08 2011, 2:30 pm

>I was 8 1/2 months old when Star Trek first aired

I wasn't even a thought.

Me neither. ^_^

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Ghostmojo

Report this Sep. 09 2011, 12:25 pm

Was it today? Yesterday I mean?

Difficult to say when it all began. I'm re-reading Stephen E. Whitfield's book The Making of Star Trek. This discusses Gene's first thoughts on it back in 1960 and how he started to develop these ideas until actual production started in 1964 on The Cage. Of course the final screen debut was in Autumn 1966 but there are so many possible anniversaries.

If you can get hold of this book it is well worth it.

It even contains Roddenberry's original storyline for The Cage featuring one Captain Robert April.

to boldy go where no man has gone before

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Sep. 09 2011, 5:55 pm

NCC-1701 Canada

Report this Sep. 09 2011, 6:38 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Sep. 09 2011, 5:55 pm

>It's been an amazing ride.  I just wish the next driver would get in and take us further down the road.

I agree 100%, but I think all of us know that the idea of Star Trek will never die.  but it does help if we have a reincarnation.

" He's not really dead as long as we remember him" - Bones