Would You Like Star Trek Voices for your GPS?

TOSchick

Report this Sep. 03 2011, 5:08 pm

You know how you can buy voices for your GPS?  like Yoda, Bugs Bunny, and Mr. T.  And besides routine commands like "turn right," some also say random comments, which could be very amusing.

So how come there AREN'T ANY Trek voices?!  Me, I'd feel a lot more secure if I had Captain Kirk as my co-pilot.

Does anyone else think this is a cool idea?  If you do, then could you drop a line to the people that make or sell 'em:  www.pigtones.com     www.navtones.com   www.voiceskins.com  www.satvoices.com ?  Otherwise how else would they know there's a demand?

Plus, Shatner's not getting any younger

Vulcan1981

Report this Dec. 30 2011, 1:11 am

God, I'd love one! It's a shame Miss Majel Barrette has passed on, but perhaps there's enough recorded material of her to make one?

I'd also like all the captains and a few other popular characters such as Quark, Data, Seven of Nine, etc. to be available...I'd have to start with Janeway though, I just love her voice!

"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "resistance is futile". You may elicit a few volunteers."- Seven of Nine

CloudMinder2

Report this Jan. 04 2012, 4:57 am

Great idea but the trouble is they'd have to get the stars to record them, as i doubt in any episode Kirk or Spock said - "at the next roundabout, take the second exit"

So it would be expensive to pay Shatner, Nimoy to do it now - even if they were prepared to, on the other hand i guess there's be a reasonable market for it, so who knows...

"There are always alternatives" Spock

Broadstorm

Report this Jan. 04 2012, 3:22 pm

Janeway:  Turn left NOW!

Quark:  Turn right at the bank up ahead and make a left at the ATM.

McCoy:   I'm a doctor, not a tour guide.

7 of 9:  Stops signs are irrelevant.

Chekov:  GPS is Russian inwention.

Riker:  Coast through the yield sign, then punch it up to 65!

Shran:  Look at the neighborhood you've gotten your pinkskin into this time.

Archer:  I didn't see this on those Vulcan star charts.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 04 2012, 3:36 pm

I like that idea - the Enterprise computer as my GPS.

Reedworftripparis

Report this Jan. 11 2012, 8:13 am

Quote: Broadstorm @ Jan. 04 2012, 3:22 pm

>Janeway:  Turn left NOW!

>Quark:  Turn right at the bank up ahead and make a left at the ATM.

>McCoy:   I'm a doctor, not a tour guide.

>7 of 9:  Stops signs are irrelevant.

>Data:  Proceed at your current velocity for 2 minutes 18 seconds, then alter course 90 degrees to starboard.

>Chekov:  GPS is Russian inwention.

>Riker:  Coast through the yield sign, then punch it up to 65!

>EMH:  I can only speculate about my programmer's motives.  Perhaps he thought I would be summoned for important reasons.

>Shran:  Look at the neighborhood you've gotten your pinkskin into this time.

>Archer:  I didn't see this on those Vulcan star charts.

Now that was GREAT!!!

It would be great to have them on my GPS.

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 4:20 pm

I would have loved to have Majel's voice as my guide

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

LtPondwater9

Report this Jan. 13 2012, 4:29 pm

I'd like Judy Durand's voice. (Terok Nor/DS9 computer)

The ducks fly at Midnight.

megan512

Report this Jan. 17 2012, 2:28 pm

Quote: Broadstorm @ Jan. 04 2012, 3:22 pm

>Janeway:  Turn left NOW!

>Quark:  Turn right at the bank up ahead and make a left at the ATM.

>McCoy:   I'm a doctor, not a tour guide.

>7 of 9:  Stops signs are irrelevant.

>Chekov:  GPS is Russian inwention.

>Riker:  Coast through the yield sign, then punch it up to 65!

>Shran:  Look at the neighborhood you've gotten your pinkskin into this time.

>Archer:  I didn't see this on those Vulcan star charts.

LOL

I'd love the Enterprise computer to help me find my way when I'm lost. XD

CO_Fowler

Report this Jan. 17 2012, 7:30 pm

Quote: Broadstorm @ Jan. 04 2012, 3:22 pm

>Janeway:  Turn left NOW!

>Quark:  Turn right at the bank up ahead and make a left at the ATM.

>McCoy:   I'm a doctor, not a tour guide.

>7 of 9:  Stops signs are irrelevant.

>Chekov:  GPS is Russian inwention.

>Riker:  Coast through the yield sign, then punch it up to 65!

>Shran:  Look at the neighborhood you've gotten your pinkskin into this time.

>Archer:  I didn't see this on those Vulcan star charts.

Oh, that is good!!  I think that would be cool, though.  Would love to have Majel's computer voice

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone