Chicago Official Star Trek Convention- Celebrating 45 Years!

Roboto

Report this Aug. 15 2011, 6:10 am

Luckily, Chicago also happens to be my home town, so the convention location is not more than an hour away from where I live. Yowza! My excitement grows as I work on finishing the final tweaks to my Data costume...

Chicago ain't Vegas, but it sure as heck has got its own charm. Give me the Windy City any day! Com'on, who else is coming????

TheMaskedMarvel

Report this Aug. 16 2011, 6:44 am

MEEEEE!  Can't wait! Would've loved to go to Vegas, but right now I'm on a strict "drive only" policy until the crazy occurrences with our American airlines is stopped. Chicago is a more practical driving distance for me so away I go.

Last year I could only attend one day---- the day that Leonard Nimoy was supposed to show, and that was when everyone found out he'd taken ill. I was obviously very disappointed, but I had a great time anyway. Now that I can come all three days of the convention, I am VERY excited and I can't wait to meet Nimoy, Frakes, Nichols, and Rene!

Absolutely marvelous.

megan512

Report this Aug. 17 2011, 2:05 pm

I plan on going! Hopefully I'll be able to go for the whole thing, as last year I went on the day Leonard Nimoy was supposed to appear, like TheMaskedMarvel. I especially want to go as this is his last convention, and it's close to home!

Roboto

Report this Aug. 26 2011, 7:24 pm

Roboto

Report this Aug. 26 2011, 7:25 pm

Arlene Martel, who played "T'Pring" in TOS's "Amok Time", has been added to the guest list!

Arlene Martel

FriendlyTrekker

Report this Aug. 30 2011, 5:29 am

We already attended two conventions in Chicago this year, so we will probably not be able to attend this one.  Too bad as it is allegedly Mr. Nimoy's last one.

"It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent"

Roboto

Report this Sep. 01 2011, 7:04 pm

Garth Pillsbury has been added to the guest list. He has made two appearances on Star Trek TOS: as Wilson in "Mirror, Mirror" and as the Troglyte prisoner in "Cloud Minders".

rene auberjonois

Roboto

Report this Sep. 02 2011, 7:13 pm

The first tentative schedule has been posted.

(http://www.creationent.com/cal/stchi.htm)

kumar981

Report this Sep. 07 2011, 10:26 am

Anybody travelling to the convention from the SF Bay Area?

Roboto

Report this Sep. 08 2011, 12:06 pm

Sean Kenny has been added to the guest list. He played the injured Captain Pike in both parts of "The Menagerie", and he played the recurring character of Lt. DePaul in "Arena" and "A Taste of Armageddon".

Arlene Martel

megan512

Report this Sep. 18 2011, 8:57 am

Quote: Roboto @ Aug. 26 2011, 7:24 pm

>I met a lot of other people who had also been able to come to only one day of the convention last year- and all to see Nimoy. Hopefully most of them will be able to return, like you folks, to get their fill of "Spock" and meet other great celebrities!

>And Megan, isn't it a blessing to be so close?? How near are you to the location? Just curious.

Oh yes, it's awesome! I'm about a half hour away, so it's perfect! And the convention is tons of fun!

Roboto

Report this Sep. 23 2011, 5:17 pm

ALL SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ADMISSION TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT!!!

PHOTO OPS WITH LEONARD NIMOY ARE SOLD OUT!

Only other major addition I can see is that John De Lancie is now appearing on stage Friday, not Sunday as originally scheduled.

Any other changes, of course, can be seen here:

(http://www.creationent.com/cal/stchi.htm)

Six of Nine

Report this Sep. 23 2011, 6:29 pm

Does that mean tickets at the door too?

Roboto

Report this Sep. 23 2011, 9:13 pm

Quote: Six of Nine @ Sep. 23 2011, 6:29 pm

>Does that mean tickets at the door too?

I was not aware that tickets were sold at the door. I was under the impression that they are sold on a pre-order base only... but this is only my second convention so I am no expert on the matter.

Can anyone confirm or clarify this information?

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 25 2011, 2:20 pm

You are going to be throwing up pictures of you in this year's data costume here and on FB, right Roboto?