ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

WOULD YOU EMBRACE "SHARIA" LAW?

Report this

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46296

Report this Aug. 03 2011, 9:46 am

1 minute into reseaching Sharia should make the choice obvious....


wissa

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 4019

Report this Aug. 03 2011, 10:39 am

who said athiests want to abolish christianity?  the whole premise of your question is wrong. 



Like us on Facebook Haters gotta hate

Corwin8

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 8468

Report this Aug. 03 2011, 5:52 pm

Can I embrace it wearing a 'splodey' vest?  


 


chr33355

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1551

Report this Aug. 03 2011, 5:55 pm

I would rather die than be ruled by tyrants.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46296

Report this Aug. 03 2011, 5:58 pm

Quote: chr33355 @ Aug. 03 2011, 5:55 pm

>

>I would rather die than be ruled by tyrants.

>


OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Aug. 03 2011, 11:17 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>Notice that atheists save all their venom for Christian posters? Their antitheism is highly selective.

>


Well as a card-carrying Atheist I don't recall saving my venom for any group in particular. Except maybe certain Maths teachers -- (best not ask)...


But religion-haters that I have encountered tend to have equal derision for any religion. In our culture, though, Christianity is the one we have encountered the most; it is therefore the one we know the best; and the one to which we are most constantly subjected.


I can't speak for any others, but I would imagine that an atheist in a pantheistic society would speak similarly of the dominant religion where s/he happens to be. Statistically speaking, though, Christains are historicaly responsible for more hate crimes than any other religious group. Although this may be quite strongly influenced by the fact that they are so numerous in the more imperialist nations of Western Europe.


Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Aug. 04 2011, 12:27 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>WEll I'm not a card carrying atheist. I don't have venom towards ANY legitimate religioun. But you have to be out of your mind if you think christians do not get the bulk of anti-religious bigotry.

>


I never claimed as much, only put forward some theories as to why. Generally speaking though, you have to admit that the church has dealt its fair share of bigotry too.


"Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, anthropology, and many other atheist instruments of deceit" [...]


Beg pardon? Many of the founders and practitioners of the sciences were and are religious men and women. They are not without their issues, but natural and social science presents no true conflict with religion unless people choose to create one.


Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

DS9TREK

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 14322

Report this Aug. 04 2011, 4:23 am

Sharia law? I don't even like seeing European civil law slowly creep into Britain. And civil law and Sharia do have much in common - both lack the belief that everyone is innocent until proven otherwise and both believe government gives rights to people (and can therefore take rights away).


I think I'll continue to fight the corner of the Common Law of the English-speaking peoples.

Kornula

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1676

Report this Aug. 04 2011, 5:04 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>For all the haters of Chrisitianity who complain daily about the evil Crusades and label current believers with this old old old label.

>Let's say your wish to eliminate Christianity is granted. The issue is this... once it is eliminated a new religion will and shall replace it.

>The statement "If there were no God it would be necessary to invent one" is a human condition that cannot be eliminated. the next religion to come in will not be judaism. it will be a culmination of failed socialist/communist countries that have converted to Islam.

>there will be a NEW SHERIFF in town and not the old neighborhood pastor you once scorned

>Islam will enforc Sharia Rule in every newly converted country

>Sharia law is "the path that must be followed by a Muslim".

> It brings together elements from the Koran and the Hadith (a collection of the deeds and words of Mohammed), plus judges' rulings from Islam's first centuries. It was fixed by about the 10th century, and contains detailed instructions for practically every aspect of life.

>In the West, it is most famous for its penal code: the prescribed punishments for sexual offences, which include stoning; for theft, which include amputation; and for apostasy, for which the punishment is death.

>Much more important for most Muslims, however, are the parts of sharia that relate to the status of women, to contracts and to family law.

> These include provisions that allow men several wives and that enshrine, in law, the inferiority of women.

>Women can be divorced merely by their husbands reciting "I divorce you" three times; their testimony is worth less than that of men; and they cannot marry a non-Muslim man - although it is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman.

>It is parts of sharia such as these that come into immediate conflict with Britain's secular law, which is committed to treating all citizens equally. But it is those provisions which Muslim clerics most want to cordon off from any secular influence.

>So next time you boohoo and slam the Christian who walks over to you and asks if you've accepted Jesus Christ as you personal savior and you cuss them out and send them away. The next person who walks up to you and asks you to embrace his/her hardline Islam will have the blessing of their leader to cut off your head if you don't accept.

Religion will never go away but tolerant religions can and will >


 


There is no such thing as a "tollerant" religion.  Any orgianzized religion can only thrive upon an external threat.   Period.  Christianity is no better or worse than Islam.  Sorry Jack, but you gotta wake up and smell the universe some day.

lligevets

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 777

Report this Aug. 04 2011, 5:19 am

Quote: Kornula @ Aug. 04 2011, 5:04 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>

>For all the haters of Chrisitianity who complain daily about the evil Crusades and label current believers with this old old old label.

>Let's say your wish to eliminate Christianity is granted. The issue is this... once it is eliminated a new religion will and shall replace it.

>The statement "If there were no God it would be necessary to invent one" is a human condition that cannot be eliminated. the next religion to come in will not be judaism. it will be a culmination of failed socialist/communist countries that have converted to Islam.

>there will be a NEW SHERIFF in town and not the old neighborhood pastor you once scorned

>Islam will enforc Sharia Rule in every newly converted country

>Sharia law is "the path that must be followed by a Muslim".

> It brings together elements from the Koran and the Hadith (a collection of the deeds and words of Mohammed), plus judges' rulings from Islam's first centuries. It was fixed by about the 10th century, and contains detailed instructions for practically every aspect of life.

>In the West, it is most famous for its penal code: the prescribed punishments for sexual offences, which include stoning; for theft, which include amputation; and for apostasy, for which the punishment is death.

>Much more important for most Muslims, however, are the parts of sharia that relate to the status of women, to contracts and to family law.

> These include provisions that allow men several wives and that enshrine, in law, the inferiority of women.

>Women can be divorced merely by their husbands reciting "I divorce you" three times; their testimony is worth less than that of men; and they cannot marry a non-Muslim man - although it is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman.

>It is parts of sharia such as these that come into immediate conflict with Britain's secular law, which is committed to treating all citizens equally. But it is those provisions which Muslim clerics most want to cordon off from any secular influence.

>So next time you boohoo and slam the Christian who walks over to you and asks if you've accepted Jesus Christ as you personal savior and you cuss them out and send them away. The next person who walks up to you and asks you to embrace his/her hardline Islam will have the blessing of their leader to cut off your head if you don't accept.

>Religion will never go away but tolerant religions can and will

>

 

There is no such thing as a "tollerant" religion.  Any orgianzized religion can only thrive upon an external threat.   Period.  Christianity is no better or worse than Islam.  Sorry Jack, but you gotta wake up and smell the universe some day.



Ridiculous

dark trekkie

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 23

Report this Aug. 04 2011, 10:02 am

i live in ireland and whilst i guess you would say i was an atheist i tend to leave the subject alone, had my wedding in a catholic church for my husband is catholic ... however... if this country as unlikely as it would be came to be under sharia law i would leave. i fear for the uk where i was born and raised, it has an overwhelming population of muslim imigrants slowly gaining influence and if the uk came under sharia law i will take up arms and join the bnp if i have to, return home and go to war.

dark trekkie

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 23

Report this Aug. 04 2011, 11:24 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>Do Atheists carry cards?

>
its the first ive heard of it.


Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Mantaray

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2793

Report this Aug. 04 2011, 1:56 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, anthropology, and many other atheist instruments of deceit are clearly anti-Christian in particular.

>


LMAO.  You forgot Science and Reality. 


It doesn't matter unless as all of you heathens will perish!  Unless you are a believer in the one true religion of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!   Pastafarians unite!


 


 

DS9TREK

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 14322

Report this Aug. 04 2011, 2:54 pm

Quote: dark trekkie @ Aug. 04 2011, 10:02 am

>

>i live in ireland and whilst i guess you would say i was an atheist i tend to leave the subject alone, had my wedding in a catholic church for my husband is catholic ... however... if this country as unlikely as it would be came to be under sharia law i would leave. i fear for the uk where i was born and raised, it has an overwhelming population of muslim imigrants slowly gaining influence and if the uk came under sharia law i will take up arms and join the bnp if i have to, return home and go to war.

>


4% of the population is overwhelming?


If you really want to save the UK direct your attention towards the EU...

Invader_Wishfire

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 27518

Report this Aug. 04 2011, 3:16 pm

Sure, I'd embrace it. I'd embrace it until I felt its ribs crack, then I'd embrace it some more to make sure the job is finished.

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: Dryson3

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum