"Today is a good day to die"

lligevets

Report this Aug. 01 2011, 8:52 am

I can’t say where this came from.

'violence never solves anything'

"Anyone who clings to the historically untrue--and thoroughly immoral--doctrine that 'violence never solves anything' I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The Ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more disputes in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

- Robert Heinlein, author

3 of 12

Report this Aug. 01 2011, 11:06 am

"Live everyday like it's your last."

"Live not one's life as though one had a thousand years, but live each day as the last." Marcus Aurelius

"Live everyday like it's your last because one day it will be." ????

Are you worthy of being added to the Collective's perfection?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Aug. 01 2011, 11:34 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

class="MsoNormal">I can’t say where this came from.

class="MsoNormal">

class="MsoNormal">

class="MsoNormal">'violence never solves anything'

- Robert Heinlein, author

Here is a quoted that has been a cliche for years

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers"

My response to this is

If we keep our second amendment rights from being taken away from us by president  Obama who is Hillary Clintons admin puppet for pushing her Agenda on Health Care and Gun control

No one will be able to take my gun away in that manner  because I am protected by the US Constitution and my right to bear arms is safe.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Col Jeff Cooper

3 of 12

Report this Aug. 01 2011, 12:07 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>"Live everyday like it's your last."

"Live everyday like it's your last because one day it will be." ????

How old was he when he said that?

Marcus was in his 50's. I believe that quote comes from his writings called "Meditations".

Are you worthy of being added to the Collective's perfection?

lligevets

Report this Aug. 01 2011, 3:58 pm

Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Thomas Paine

DocFanFive

Report this Aug. 02 2011, 1:29 pm

I don't know who said this, but it's one of my favorites.

"They say that guns don't kill people, people kill people. But i doubt that you'll do a lot of damage by pointing your finger at someone and shouting 'BANG!'"

Call me Doc, 'k? StarTrek.com's Resident Holographic Whovian since 2010.