What's up with all the multiple exactly same posts ?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jul. 26 2011, 9:01 am

CO_Fowler

Report this Jul. 26 2011, 1:56 pm

What BamBam said.  Plus post count alone doesn't get anyone promoted around here.  Anyone wanting to get promoted needs to do quite a bit more as I understand it.

According to Admin in this post

[quote]

All StarTrek.com users begin as an Ensign when they register and can improve their rank by actively participating in the various sections of the site.

The rank is determined by:

1.  Number of message board posts AND

2.  Number of photos uploaded to the galleries AND

3.  Number of comments on the site

More Activity = Higher Rank

Who can climb from Ensign to Lieutenant, Commander, Captain, Commodore, and Admiral.

And who will be the first to achieve Fleet Admiral status?

[/quote]

There seems to be three things a poster/member/user needs to do to bring about a promotion.

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

OtakuJo

Report this Aug. 19 2011, 1:07 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jul. 26 2011, 9:01 am

>It's probably due to problems on the board - they submit and the board takes so long to post, that they hit the submit button again and again.

No. If you're talking about what I think you are -- being repeated consecutive posts all saying exactly the same thing -- then it is a technical glitch on these boards and happens with slow internet connections (like mine) regardless of how many times you do or don't hit "Submit".

You could hit it once or a hundred squillion times and still end up with the same number of duplicate posts.

The problem is better than it was, but it still does happen. I generally try to delete extra successive posts if I have the time (and inclination!) to do so. It's not a matter or spamming or trying to bump one's post-count, and can be quite annoying for the poster even more than it is for the reader.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Aug. 19 2011, 4:39 pm

Quote: OtakuJo @ Aug. 19 2011, 1:07 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jul. 26 2011, 9:01 am

Yea, I've had that happen to me a few times - I hit submit once and when it finally shows up, I see more than one post.  Thankfully it doesn't happen too often any more.

SpockType

Report this Nov. 21 2011, 12:00 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jul. 26 2011, 9:01 am

I've been on quite a number of forums of various topics, and it has only been on this one that the post doesn't appear immediately. (Perhaps here the moderators want to check it first.) One just has to remember here to preview the post first - when one can.

A mind is like a parachute - it works best when open.