ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Captain of the new Enterprise...

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Dec. 12 2011, 11:07 pm

Quote: Broadstorm @ Dec. 12 2011, 9:58 pm

>The UFP & Cardassians may be at peace, but that doesn't mean that the Cardassians are a part of the UFP.


true, but one's race need not be a part of the UFP to serve in starfleet.


Photobucket

Broadstorm

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 828

Report this Dec. 13 2011, 12:12 am

I realize there are officers in StarFleet that are not from member worlds such as Ro & Nog.  Either way, I would rather see a UFP race, and therefore actually show that there is more to StarFleet than Humans and a few exceptions without resorting to centering on non UFP races.

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Dec. 15 2011, 7:57 am

Quote: Broadstorm @ Dec. 13 2011, 12:12 am

>

>I realize here are officers in StarFleet that are not from member worlds such as Ro & Nog.  Either way, I would rather see a UFP race, and therefore actually show that there is more to StarFleet than Humans and a few exceptions without resorting to centering on non UFP races.

>
Agreed. It IS the flagship after all. At least in namesake.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

Broadstorm

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 828

Report this Dec. 16 2011, 3:34 am

Yeah, and I find it odd that they talk about how many races there are in the UFP, but we keep getting a bunch of Humans & the only or one of very few (fill in the blank) in StarFleet.

leroybrock

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 213

Report this Dec. 20 2011, 11:32 pm

A Vulcan would be a logical choice as long as the writing were to loosen up on the cardboard stereotypes. I'd also find a Cardassian to be highly acceptable. Some Cardassian worlds did lie inside Federation space after the treaty as well. Unlike Bajorans Cardassians are also known for their pragmatism, strong sense of duty, strong wills and intellect. A Xindi primate would also be a reasonable choice and would be fairly easy on the actor being subjected to being made up for each day of shooting.

cowgirlcadet

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 788

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 7:41 am

How about if it's some decendant of Shran?

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 7:42 am

Quote: cowgirlcadet @ Mar. 07 2012, 7:41 am

>

>How about if it's some decendant of Shran?

>
Too awesome, therefore it wouldn't happen.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

cowgirlcadet

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 788

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 7:45 am

Seriously? This is Trek we're talking about. Is there really such a thing as too awesome?

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 8:08 am

Romulan War on ENT = Awesome


Andorian Captain guest star on a show other than ENT = Awesome


A funeral scene worthy of Kirk in GEN = Awesome


New animated Star Trek as good as Clone Wars = Awesome


As you can see above, some ideas just seem to be above what Star Trek's owners can provide.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 11:37 am

There was an Andorian captain promenent in the 2800 story plus there is a decendant of Sulu in the game so I doubt this will happen.  It would be the like playing the desendant thing again.  Besides, how many people keep track of their geneology for 200-300 years.  I think having someone who is like "my great, great, great . . . great grand-dad had a role in the Enterprise history" is a bit far-fetched.


 


This reminds me, what happened to the 1701-F and the new crew?  i thought they were going to be featured around the time the Odyssey was released.  When are the F and crew going to appear?  Now that there are Odysseys everywhere, it isn't in the front of the production line as you would expect from an Enterprise.


 


Heck, is there still going to be an Odyssey-class F?


Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 12:55 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Mar. 07 2012, 11:37 am

>

>This reminds me, what happened to the 1701-F and the new crew?  i thought they were going to be featured around the time the Odyssey was released.  When are the F and crew going to appear?  Now that there are Odysseys everywhere, it isn't in the front of the production line as you would expect from an Enterprise.

>Heck, is there still going to be an Odyssey-class F?

>


I was expecting it to come in earlier as well. Presumably it'll show up in the last episode.


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

leroybrock

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 213

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 2:13 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Mar. 07 2012, 8:08 am

Romulan War on ENT = Awesome

Andorian Captain guest star on a show other than ENT = Awesome

A funeral scene worthy of Kirk in GEN = Awesome

New animated Star Trek as good as Clone Wars = Awesome

As you can see above, some ideas just seem to be above what Star Trek's owners can provide.



How can we hope to have an animated Star Trek as "good as" Clone Wars? I suppose we could use crappy, cheap looking CGI and have it be written by a drugged man-child in their basement ...

I Am Ultra Narcissus.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 2:44 pm

Mitchz, based upon what are you presuming?


It was my understanding back when this whole "design the F" mess began that the E is still in service and commanded by Data so that a story arc was going to involve the destruction or decommisioning of the E leading to the launching of the F.


If the F appears at the end of the 2800, they still have to address what happened to the E.


Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 2:51 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Mar. 07 2012, 2:44 pm

>

>Mitchz, based upon what are you presuming?

>It was my understanding back when this whole "design the F" mess began that the E is still in service and commanded by Data so that a story arc was going to involve the destruction or decommisioning of the E leading to the launching of the F.

>If the F appears at the end of the 2800, they still have to address what happened to the E.

>


They'll probably mention the E in "Boldly they Rode". As I recall, the last we heard of the E is that in 2408 (one year ago) it was sent to investigate a loss of contact with a Starbase. Maybe it got destroyed.


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

leroybrock

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 213

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 3:11 pm

Looking back I cannot endorse a Vulcan captain. With the exception of Enterprise and the 2009 movie the writers have kind of demonstrated a joyous urge to lean on the 2d stereotype for support.

A Cardassian captain would be much cooler anyway. Part of me kind of wants to say Bolean as well but there's something about them that I can't put my finger on that puts me off.

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum