Why does everyone walk?

Seneschall

Report this Jul. 18 2011, 7:25 am

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Jul. 18 2011, 10:51 pm

So are you saying that you'd rather them run or use a site-to-site transport? Because the reason why site-to-site transport on board ship is not used very often because if uses up a lot of energy on the ship. But who knows.

Vger23

Report this Jul. 19 2011, 5:03 am

You're right. Now that I look at it that way, Star Trek is probably the worst show in the history of television.

Treknoir

Report this Jul. 19 2011, 7:36 am

Quote: Seneschall @ Jul. 18 2011, 7:25 am

>Why is it that during every single emergency, when time is of the essence, people WALK to where they need to be to save the day or whatever?  Why, when someone barks out orders, people have to wait 5 or 10 seconds to say AYE and actually implement the orders?

>If Starfleet were ever to become real, I reckon 80% of the Enterprise crew would NOT cut it.

Due to the artificial isometric ambient gravitational control system utilized in SF ships after 2135 (stardate 54693321.875 Alpha Quandrant standard zero), humanoid physiological response is 30-43% less efficient under normal circumstances but 42-67% less efficient during times of increased blood flow to the outer extremities and cerebral cortex. The tradeoff in this scenario is that cognitive abilties become 38-59% more efficient due to the inverted perpendicular crossflow of the artificial isometric ambient gravitational control system and the ionic subspacial crystalline trilinium matrix. So it all works out in the end.

Vger23

Report this Jul. 19 2011, 10:26 am

Quote: Treknoir @ Jul. 19 2011, 7:36 am

Quote: Seneschall @ Jul. 18 2011, 7:25 am

That's actually the correct answer.

You can also fix that issue by modifying the main deflector dish, which I do believe solved about 47% of the problems encountered on TNG and VOY!

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Treknoir

Report this Jul. 19 2011, 10:38 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Jul. 19 2011, 10:26 am

Quote: Treknoir @ Jul. 19 2011, 7:36 am

That's actually the correct answer.

I believe tachyon manipulation covers the other 53%.

OtakuJo

Report this Jul. 21 2011, 12:27 am

You'd think they'd use site to site transports more often in an emergency ~~ but on the other hand, think of it this way: What's one of the first things people tell you in an emergency situation? Walk, don't run.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

OtakuJo

Report this Jul. 21 2011, 12:28 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Jul. 19 2011, 5:03 am

>Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm going to go urinate on all my merchandise and keel-haul my Blu-Ray and DVD collection.

So how's that working for ya?

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Caalma

Report this Jul. 21 2011, 1:25 pm

this being from a writers standpoint....

when they run they could get sweaty and it would ruin their TV makeup. costing time and money and pissing off the director.

if they used the site to site transports more often, the phrase wouldnt be as cool for TV or movies. site to site transport just sounds cool.

if all else fails, just eject the warp core! =))

Vger23, please wash off your merch and send it to me.. PO box 555, I am just kiddin.

"Do you think it's possible for two people to go back in time and correct a mistake that never should have happened?" ... "On this ship, anything is possible."

dark trekkie

Report this Jul. 21 2011, 3:21 pm

health and safety

ChezMazter

Report this Aug. 02 2011, 6:13 am

Well to use the transporter, too much energy consumption.

To use fast hover things to get down to the emergency, The corridors are too small and tight, if they never walked the crew would get FAT! and nobody wants a fat crew!

Vger23

Report this Aug. 02 2011, 9:30 am

Quote: OtakuJo @ Jul. 21 2011, 12:28 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Jul. 19 2011, 5:03 am

So how's that working for ya?

I've found keel-hauling DVD's and Blu Rays to be...somewhat cumbersome. Thanks for asking.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

pulaskifan5

Report this Aug. 05 2011, 4:41 pm

they are all walking because it is the future and evryone is well mannered in the future.

"You are only a machine."

jt233

Report this Oct. 05 2011, 2:55 am

I think they wil use site to site transport in extreme emergency's There were a few episodes where Beverly Crusher Transported to the bridge.

xerobane

Report this Oct. 08 2011, 5:54 pm

I always wondered this in situations when they had to go from one place to another on Earth... like from San Francisco to France, for example. Why would they use shuttles or futuristic trains or whatever other form of physical travel instead of transporters?