What was the first ST Movie you seen in the theaters

TRSTN1

Report this Jul. 14 2011, 2:05 pm

The first one I seen was  The Final Frontier

HaventGotALife

Report this Jul. 15 2011, 9:16 am

The first movie I saw was Star Trek: Generations. It was a big event in my life as we took time out of our routine to make it a dinner-and-a-movie kind of night. I was 10, so I had just woken up to Star Trek. I thought it was pretty good at the time. Oh, how I was 10.

Its stories are about the depth and complexity of human interaction and relationships. It studies us and asks us to look within ourselves, to relate, to ask how would we respond to all that is in their world?

wissa

Report this Jul. 15 2011, 9:59 am

TMP on opening night.

Left all sad and empty, thinking trek was over after that.

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

MoppyCGDaniels

Report this Jul. 15 2011, 11:18 am

The first movie I've seen after I had watched the ep's either way of TOS was ST 1. I was realy young.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Jul. 15 2011, 2:49 pm

I remeber being in Star Trek 3 a bit, but I was young at the time. I do remember 4 all the way through though.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Ayko

Report this Jul. 15 2011, 4:05 pm

Quote: wissa @ Jul. 15 2011, 9:59 am

>TMP on opening night.

> Left all sad and empty, thinking trek was over after that.

I can relate to that, I forced myself to go back to the theatre a second time to see if I missed something and I was still disappointed. Then I realized much of my disappointment was due to the fact that I was awaiting an action packed show with the (new) Klingons, A war triangle or something with Vger, Klingons and Enterprise, Over two hours I waited for the Klingons to do something after the initial action scenes.

I always like a challenging challenge.

Six of Nine

Report this Jul. 15 2011, 4:44 pm

That would be the most recent one since I have been a fan since 05'.

As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

TrekFan1964

Report this Jul. 15 2011, 5:27 pm

I saw Star Trek The Motion Picture when it first came out back in 1979. I was a young scout with several other scouts. The scout leaders young son swore when Spock's jetpack shot him into V'Ger.  The film was good after a long absence of Star Trek original film material.

mardok

Report this Jul. 15 2011, 5:28 pm

The Motion Picture during its initial release. saw it a couple times at the local theater but the most memorable viewing was at the drive-in. I loved it, still one of my favorites

LtPondwater9

Report this Jul. 15 2011, 10:56 pm

Generations

The ducks fly at Midnight.

starworlds

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 5:41 am

The first Star Trek movie I saw was: Star Trek-The Motion Picture! ^+^

Vger23

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 7:46 am

Star Trek II- The Wrath of Khan

Ensign Moran

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 5:01 pm

The first movie that I saw was Star Trek: First Contact. I was more interested with the series, but when I had seen all of them and VOyager was drawing to a close, I started with the first movie that came out: Star Trek First Contact. It is my favorite movie.

We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Hiroshima

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 6:39 pm

My first movie house outing with Trek was TMP I was 10 and already a long standing fan of TOS. I know it wasn't great but for the time and my age it cemented my love for this franchise.

Caesar753

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 6:55 pm

The first movie I saw in the theater was Generations.  The first trek movie I ever saw was TWOK on VHS; remember those things?

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra