Star Trek Quotes & Expressions

Ayko

Report this Jul. 14 2011, 12:06 pm

Here are some of my favorite quotes from ST, please add your own...

A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither.
--Dr Boyce "The Cage"

What am I, a doctor or a moon shuttle conductor? If I jumped everytime a light flashed around here I'd end up talking to myself.
--McCoy "The Corbomite Manouver"

Ah Kirk, Kirk, my old friend, dont you know the old Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish best served cold? It is very cold in space!
Khan "ST 2:The Wrath of Khan"

China was thought to be a myth until Marco Polo travelled there.
Picard "Contagion"

I always like a challenging challenge.

I

Report this Jul. 14 2011, 8:10 pm

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."-Romulan Commander. I can't believe it myself but I forget the episode.

"You can whistle really loud you know that?"-Kirk. "Star Trek 2009"

MoppyCGDaniels

Report this Jul. 15 2011, 11:13 am

The reaction of Jim Kirk to the quote from the Klingon in ST VI " The Undiscovered Country". It was realy awkward to use this evil phrase we all know who that was.

"Even in the darkest hours you can find something to make you smile."-Cpt. Benjamin L. Sisko In The Cards.

juliansgirl7

Report this Jul. 15 2011, 12:57 pm

[quote]

It was Balance of Terror, I believe

My favorite quote-"I'm a Doctor, not a historian"-JULIAN in Trials and Tribbleations

"Your quality will be known among your enemies before ever you meet them, my friend"-Alexander Siddig in Kingdom of Heaven

Ayko

Report this Jul. 15 2011, 3:54 pm

Sometimes pain can drive a man harder than pleasure.
--Kirk "The Alternative Factor"

You can handle defeat in two ways; You can lose confidence or you can learn from your mistakes.
--Troi "Peak Performance"

The true test of a warrior is not without--it is within.
--Worf "Heart of Gory"

OtakuJo

Report this Jul. 15 2011, 5:45 pm

"Time is the fire in which we burn." ~~ Soran, (to Picard) Generations.

"And have you noticed how your boobs have started to firm up? Not that we care about such things..." ~~ Data, (to Worf) Insurrection.

"Well you do have one problem. If all you can hallucinate about are Quark's maintenance problems then you have a sadly deficient fantasy life." ~~ Julian (to Miles) DS9 Visionary.

"There's nothing wrong with a good delusion." ~~ Quark (to Odo) DS9 The Passenger.

"Darts. Baseball. Root beer. Atom bombs." ~~ Quark shows off his 'knowledge' of Earth in Little Green Men.

(D@mn I love having an "Edit" button!)

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 1:56 am

Quote: OtakuJo @ Jul. 15 2011, 5:45 pm

>"Time is the fire in which we breathe." ~~ Soran, (to Picard) Generations.

I'm not trying to be Mr. Corrector but its "Time is the fire in which we burn." I only remember it because it is a cool line and the fact that Malcolm McDowell had it engraved on that watch that he kept, or so I read.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

OtakuJo

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 2:20 am

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Jul. 16 2011, 1:56 am

Quote: OtakuJo @ Jul. 15 2011, 5:45 pm

>"Time is the fire in which we breathe." ~~ Soran, (to Picard) Generations.

I'm not trying to be Mr. Corrector but its "Time is the fire in which we burn." I only remeber it because it is a cool line and the fact that Malcolm McDowell had it engraved on that watch that he kept, or so I read.

Thanks Mr Corrector. It is appreciated. Really really. And in either case, yes. A very cool line. And I'll make the corrections above. I'm not 100% certain that I got the Quark line entirely right either, actually. But the sentiment is there and it's still amusing.

The only reason i haven't seen that movie in quite a while is because my copy keeps skipping at the end. (Which is super-annoying.) I really like it, but then I'm not as mad as some about Kirk dying.

And I agree about Star Trek IV. Very quotable.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Ayko

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 11:17 am

Our logic is to be illogical. That is our advantage.
--Kirk "I, Mudd"

At the negotiating table it can be fatal to have a heart...
--Devinoni "The Price"

-Everyone wants a piece of the new frontier...
-And I'm sure you've already tried to sell it to a few of them...
--Quark and Odo "A Man Alone"

Ayko

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 11:22 am

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Jul. 16 2011, 1:56 am

>For myself I quote a lot of Star Trek 4, that movie is very quotable for when you want to make any situation funny.

That's nice, are you keeping them in a secret access file with retina scan security or are you going to share them with us...

I always like a challenging challenge.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 4:17 pm

Quote: Ayko @ Jul. 16 2011, 11:22 am

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Jul. 16 2011, 1:56 am

Well if you like I could recite the whole movie. But if you'd rather me narrow it down....

If someone asks me to look at their computer I'll say, "Computer, hello computer."

If someone gets me upset at something I'll tell them, "Well double dumb-ass on you."

And of course if I'm busy doing something and someone needs something else I quote my screenname, "One damn minute Admiral."

They are just a few favorites that always make me laugh even if noone else gets them I just amuse myself.

If you want one I like that is kinds more serious I like when Picard, in the first episode I think it was, says, "Let's see what's out there." That quote really brings home what Star Trek is about, exploring the unknown.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

ICECREAMAN1701

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 6:48 pm

Dialysis?  My God what is this the dark ages?

OtakuJo

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 7:42 pm

"I think he had too much LDS."

"Keyboard. How quaint!"

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 7:59 pm

Quote: ICECREAMAN1701 @ Jul. 16 2011, 6:48 pm

>Dialysis?  My God what is this the dark ages?

Doctor gave me a pill and I grew a new kidney!

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Jul. 16 2011, 8:01 pm

Quote: OtakuJo @ Jul. 16 2011, 7:42 pm

>"I think he had too much LDS."

You guys like Italian?

Yes! No! Yes! NO!

I love Italian and so do you.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?