Just started watching STE

267198ed

Report this Jul. 13 2011, 4:13 pm

I have seen it before, though not all the way through and it was when it aired, so it has been some time now, though I am finding it different than what I remember.

The Vulcans, T’Pol especially are too arrogant and pretentious for my liking, I prefer Spock & Tuvok. Though I suppose they are earlier in the timeline and they may grow on me, though I remember never really liking T’Pol.

Any ways, thought I would make this thread to post my thoughts and feelings on STE as I watch it. Just finished The Andorian Incident, the ending was predictable, though that did not ruin the story as it played out luckily.

So far I like Reed, Archer, Travis and Hoshi. Trip is ok, a little herpy-derpy and overly enthusiastic at times, other than that though he is fine. T’Pol bothers me because as I mentioned the Vulcans are not quite as logical and controlled as I am used to, still she seems a fan favorite, but it isn’t hard to figure out why. (She is Seven of Nine+Spock and not in a particularly good way) More in the way of a condescending female Spock in a catsuit who pouts a lot.

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

267198ed

Report this Jul. 13 2011, 7:51 pm

sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The snowman that Travis and Reed made!

and proceeded to blowup.

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

Ghostmojo

Report this Jul. 14 2011, 9:17 am

Quote: 267198ed @ Jul. 13 2011, 7:51 pm

>sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

>The snowman that Travis and Reed made!

>and proceeded to blowup.

Believe me that is exactly what any space-faring Brit would do - as a matter of extreme import!

to boldy go where no man has gone before

267198ed

Report this Jul. 14 2011, 10:38 am

Quote: Ghostmojo @ Jul. 14 2011, 9:17 am

Quote: 267198ed @ Jul. 13 2011, 7:51 pm

>sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

>The snowman that Travis and Reed made!

>and proceeded to blowup.

Right, because a flag would be boring/predictable/unoriginal and the EV suits take all the fun out of a snowball fight!

And it is always fun watching Archer trying to make conversation with Vulcans or other not-so-pleasant species!

Also, the beginning of Cold Front w/Travis and Hoshi and Reed was LOL worthy. I want to see this terrible film Travis and Reed saw! XD

Starting Siltent Enemy now.

One thing I love about STE is how they get right into the thick of the plot instead of having episodes like The Naked Now! ROFL, though those have their purposes too and can be a fun break.

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

actualizeRx

Report this Jul. 17 2011, 1:09 am

I just started watching it too. 'discovered that I find it to be the best series. (I think it would be Roddenberry's favorite as well).

It's just missing a tad more crazy. Where is Riker's insane (frightening lol) grin? And the incredibly intricate expressions of data that you just knew were masking a man on the verge of all hilarity breaking loose?

'still, the best written show.

Ghostmojo

Report this Jul. 17 2011, 2:46 am

Quote: actualizeRx @ Jul. 17 2011, 1:09 am

>... discovered that I find it to be the best series. (I think it would be Roddenberry's favorite as well) ...

>... 'still, the best written show ...

And I thought that I made provocative statements!

to boldy go where no man has gone before

actualizeRx

Report this Jul. 17 2011, 10:36 am

267198ed

Report this Jul. 17 2011, 3:35 pm

Quote: Ghostmojo @ Jul. 17 2011, 2:46 am

Quote: actualizeRx @ Jul. 17 2011, 1:09 am

>... 'still, the best written show ...

And I thought that I made provocative statements!

ROFL

Also, just finished Oasis.

Didn’t see Hoshi at all, which was a bit odd.

Shuttlepod One was ridiculously good.

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

actualizeRx

Report this Jul. 17 2011, 6:52 pm

"Oasis" has it's moments as well, when the man explains himself it's a very good performance:

The man's need to create his own world was the result of the destruction of his (functional) value system. Right, wrong, and responsibility were taken from him. People need other people to survive, they need to be valued.

It makes an interesting case for the purpose of the tv series itself ^_^ and even video games lol.

Of course getting straight As and having the concent and admiration of a nation is valued by everyone. But when those things are taken from you, when people themselves are taken from you, you have to create something within yourself to survive. It serves a purpose, until you find a real opertunity, or a nation finally finds it's moral backbone, or an alien starship comes to repair you.

megan512

Report this Jul. 18 2011, 12:59 pm

I too just started watching Enterprise. I must say, it's becoming a favorite. Not a big fan of the Vulcans, but oh well. I can deal with it.

I agree, 267198ed, Shuttlepod One was great! In fact, I think that was the very first episode of Enterpise I saw.

Geralt

Report this Jul. 18 2011, 2:14 pm

I also have just started watching "Enterprise" and am on the 12th episode of the first season.  I've been pleasantly surprised, which is interesting since I didn't like the show when it debuted in 2001.

267198ed

Report this Jul. 18 2011, 9:50 pm

Ok, just finished the first season and first episode of season two.

And, well, wow. Though is it disappointing they couldn’t go back to before the miner colonist people were all incinerated. :/

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

actualizeRx

Report this Jul. 19 2011, 12:59 am

I like the three episode Riza 'sex tease'.

"It's the THIRD episode, Timmy. Yeah, your gonna wanna watch the third one."

lostshaker

Report this Jul. 19 2011, 6:00 am

Quote: Geralt @ Jul. 18 2011, 2:14 pm

>I also like how humans are not technologically equal or superior to the Klingons, Vulcans and other alien species like they are in TOS and TNG.

That's an element I enjoyed too. It's that unequal playing field that forces humans, the new kids on the block, into the role of peacemakers, and that of course helps to explain many more elements to Trek. But I particularly enjoy the different rates of progression amongst the varying species.

ruledo

Report this Jul. 19 2011, 10:11 pm

I just finished the series. But when I see videos about it, read reviews, or read these boards. I think ohhh that was cool I need to go back and watch it again. Plus I love reading other peoples thoughts as we all have different view points. It is fun knowing that after all this time, someone else out there is discovering Star Trek all over again and is on the same page. Is there a better way to spend the summer, than falling in love with a different Star Trek series...oh wait...don't answer that.lol

Shuttlepod One is one of my favorites!!

I can't wait to hear how the series plays out for you......

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra