TNG on Blu-Ray

trekkid21

Report this Jul. 13 2011, 11:38 am

Can anyone explain to me what the deal is with the expected release of TNG on Blu-Ray and why there's such a hold up? And who else is with me in saying that TNG on Blu-Ray would be awesome.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jul. 13 2011, 6:23 pm

Well... I've already got a normal DVD TNG set, so I won't be buying the new one.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Sep. 28 2011, 9:11 pm

Trekkiegoat

Report this Sep. 29 2011, 9:41 am

I'm good with my DVD TNG collection. It took me a couple of years to complete that, and I don't feel like spending a lot of money on another set.

guillermo.mejía

Report this Sep. 29 2011, 9:54 am

I want demand awesome features on it. Not just HD picture and sound.

scifi1978

Report this Sep. 29 2011, 5:23 pm

A Nice price would go a long way too

guillermo.mejía

Report this Sep. 29 2011, 5:47 pm

Quote: scifi1978 @ Sep. 29 2011, 5:23 pm

>A Nice price would go a long way too

That goes without saying.

LtPondwater9

Report this Sep. 29 2011, 7:02 pm

Might be exciting to see the cleared up effects of Blue-ray but already have all my favorite seasons on DVD and TNG is on Netflix.

The ducks fly at Midnight.

Sora

Report this Sep. 29 2011, 7:49 pm

I'm very excited for TNG in blu ray. I have the entire franchise on dvd but what I really want is the entire franchise on blu ray. I've been holding off on getting TOS and the films in blu ray until the day that TNG was released. Really and truely, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise are my top favorites, but I figured if they release TNG and it sells well, than there's a good chance the other series will get released too. I'll go ahead and just admit I'm totally OCD when it comes to Star Trek and I have to have everything on one format or it will bug me.   I was hesitant to get TOS on blu ray back when I heard TNG would never be on blu ray because of how difficult it would be to do. But this is great news and I would love to own the entire franchise on blu ray!

PeepsMcJuggs

Report this Sep. 30 2011, 10:31 am

I Borg'd yo mama last night. She found it very assimilating.

Sora

Report this Sep. 30 2011, 12:57 pm

Quote: PeepsMcJuggs @ Sep. 30 2011, 10:31 am

>Yeah, it's in 720p on Netflix.  And the bonus features will be on YouTube 24 hours after it's released.  Thanks, but no thanks.

>(Remember people: TNG was filmed with early 90s TV cameras.  It's not like a movie; just because it's on Blu-Ray doesn't mean it's going to be the eye-popping quality you're expecting).

Do you ever say anything positive?

Live Long and Prosper

PeepsMcJuggs

Report this Sep. 30 2011, 2:18 pm

Quote: Sora @ Sep. 30 2011, 12:57 pm

>Do you ever say anything positive?

>Just curious. Pretty much every post of yours that I've seen you're either complaining about something or cutting something down that's positive someone has said.

>Nobody said you have to buy the blu rays. If you don't want them, don't buy them. But you don't have to try and ruin it for those of us that do want them.

I'm not being negative, I'm being pragmatic.  Why buy something on Blu-Ray that you can already watch with the same quality for a lot cheaper?

I Borg'd yo mama last night. She found it very assimilating.

megan512

Report this Oct. 01 2011, 9:03 pm

I'm excited! I have TOS on Blu Ray and was so happy to hear that TNG will be out soon! I can watch episodes on Netflix, but it'd be nice to have them when my internet connection on my Blu Ray player craps out.

arcadeforest

Report this Oct. 10 2011, 4:57 pm

Looking forward to getting this - just bought the series on DVD last year off EBay but more than willing to grab this for the 1080P and 7.1 sound.  The original series looked incredible on blu.

Caesar753

Report this Oct. 11 2011, 7:04 pm

Quote: PeepsMcJuggs @ Sep. 30 2011, 10:31 am

Not quite.  TNG was filmed on 35mm, so the picture quality on Blu-Ray should be excellent if it's done right.

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam